Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Nijraw
05.31.2012 , 03:57 PM | #801
Quote: Originally Posted by gilgath View Post
Can anyone answer as to whether or not they have even acknowledged that they think there is an issue??

I want them to either say, "yeah, we are working on it," or "we like it just the way it is."

This way I can either keep hope, or drop it completely.

Targeting in this game is HORRIBLE, especially in pvp.
No I don't think they even know, and is the reason why the last swtor community manager was fired, post like this have been all over the forums over the last 6+ months and all we really ever get is a Bio rep doing some crowd control pointing us to other links, the real issues at hand never gets addressed because they never make it to the dev team, I hope our new swtor community manager is on the ball and reports all the credible post to the dev team to take a closer look.

hollowztips
05.31.2012 , 04:01 PM | #802
This please

Henu
05.31.2012 , 04:47 PM | #803
Will pay to make this happen, oh wait i already do pay..
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Xtrema
05.31.2012 , 06:38 PM | #804
Quote: Originally Posted by Verill View Post
Simply saying, Tab targeting is horrible. Completely broken.

Please make it more intelligent by:

Rotating targets according to the char's current 90% vision cone.
Rotating targets according to distance.

Not just randomly in a way that makes us really... really angry.

Support this thread and hopefully we will get some developer think he is up for the task of programming this.

Updated:

The good (or sith evil) players on this thread made nice suggestions which I think could be summed up to these recommendations.

1. Target enemy center screen - Cycles through enemies in 45 degree cone centered by your screen (not by where the toon is looking) and according to distance.

2. Target friendly center screen - Cycles through friendly in 45 degree cone centered by your screen (not by where the toon is looking) and according to distance.

Please make more comments and suggestions, also about this update.

Updated:

1. Make targeting cycle "reset" after not tabbing for more than X seconds. (Hint: A menu slider for X)
2. Cycle will always go from nearest to farthest

This is of course on top the recommendations from last update.
omg yes, I can't count how many times an enemy leaps to me and I try to tab target to him...only to see the 3-4 targets FARTHEST away get highlighted first, I lose valuable seconds this way in PvP. Please take serious consideration of this issue, tab targetting needs to be a bit smarter and more user-friendly than what it currently is.
Vegeta - Nadd's Sarcophagus

Crawelc
05.31.2012 , 06:40 PM | #805
Our new community team should pick up on this. Great chance for some feedback on a very old issue.
Imprimis
All Imprimis All the time.

Namesis
05.31.2012 , 08:08 PM | #806
A big issue for me. On its own a reason for me to question sub or not. That is how bad i think it is. I would like to see something from the devs on this.

Lahnjer
05.31.2012 , 08:59 PM | #807
I am so relieved I thought it was some how my fault, this is quite possibly one of the most annoying things in this game. Clicking on players is the worst too, name plates should be clickable.

Kovaos
05.31.2012 , 08:59 PM | #808
God bless all 81 pages of this thread. This issue should have been resolved a long time ago. In the other MMOs I have played this has never even been an after thought.

WHAT A LET DOWN TO EVERY PLAYER.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Tricky-Ha
05.31.2012 , 09:31 PM | #809
/signed
You don't know about me, You don't know about me
I'm a gangster , I'm a gangster
I'm a player, I'm a player

Vid-szhite
05.31.2012 , 09:44 PM | #810
/signed, OP. This happens to me every day:

Oh god there is a guy with the huttball right in front of me I should target him

*tab*

What? It targeted someone that's not even on my screen!

*tab*

It targeted someone that I can't even see because he's around the corner!

*tabtabtab*

OH MY GOD ITS TARGETING PEOPLE ACROSS THE DAMN MAP THAT ISN'T EVEN IN RANGE OR IN FRONT OF ME

*tabtabtabtabtabtabtabtabta-*

OH **** it targeted him BUT NOW I SKIPPED PAST HIM

*shift-tab*

No!? You're not going to target the last person on my list, you're going to get someone COMPLETELY AT RANDOM!?

Tab targeting needs to prioritize people at the center of your screen, not behind you, not so far away that you can't even attack them, not behind something, not off your damn screen, PRIORITIZED AT THE CENTER OF YOUR SCREEN in order of importance (low HP, marked, carrying the huttball, capturing a control point, etc). The game should at least make a good guess who I want to target so that even if I don't get the guy I want right away, I won't have to tab 8 times only to realize I got him on the 7th and have to click him anyway.

PS, MAKE IT EASIER TO FRAGGING CLICK-TARGET SOMEONE!! JESUS! I should not feel like I'm playing a FPS just to target someone! Feels like even if I click someone, it won't register because my mouse has to be on them for both the click AND release! It should be downpress only and have a larger box than just their model! Once again, if they are "high-priority" (see above), make their click-hitbox higher priority too so that people gathering around them won't keep them from being targeted.