I think this will finally make me switch sides.

Enexemander

So ... EVERYONE goes to the Imp faction, making things even worse ...

... And at one point everyone is raging and QQing about matches starting no more ... And it will always be Imp vs. Imp ...

Well, if everyone wants that, so then be it so ... I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I just think about how the future might be. Imp vs. Imp might not be bad, after all ...

For me it's the other way around - we always seem to beat the Imps. Maybe when the whole thing goes live in February the matchups will be a bit more random? Right now IIRC only subscribers have access, so maybe when the F2P guys get a shot, things will even out.

For me it's the other way around - we always seem to beat the Imps. Maybe when the whole thing goes live in February the matchups will be a bit more random? Right now IIRC only subscribers have access, so maybe when the F2P guys get a shot, things will even out.

Goes live Jan 14th. Thats when preferred get access, and to get preferred, you just need to buy 1 thing off the market.

So ... EVERYONE goes to the Imp faction, making things even worse ...

... And at one point everyone is raging and QQing about matches starting no more ... And it will always be Imp vs. Imp ...

Well, if everyone wants that, so then be it so ... I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I just think about how the future might be. Imp vs. Imp might not be bad, after all ...

Well actually, when players like the OP move to the other faction it helps to dilute the faction's skill base. As has been evinced by multiple threads, simply being a good pilot is enough to guarantee a really high win rate. If a faction seems to be winning all the time because of a higher proportion of good pilots(from the perspective of players like the OP), then their moving over will help dilute that population of good pilots.

Yikes! Imps winning all day long? I guess that's what happens when I'm not logged into my Pub. BUT fear not because I'm logging in as we speak! Perhaps my GSF guild Black Squadron can help turn the tides of battle? :p

P.S. I'll be LIVE streaming this on my twitch channel starting at 8PM EST so tune in!

Playing on the Red eclipse server had 40 odd games over the weekend and the imps won 1, most of them have been turkey shoots. Was getting to the point were the only 12v12 fightes I was having were against other Republic players. Just finished my last game of the day and it went right to wire so hopefully the imps have grown a spine :D

I was going to post a thread to see if the lack imps was a general trend, I thought it was down to fact that a lot of people, me included think the republic ships just look a lot better. But glad its not, hopefully things will balance out. Its more fun fighting the other side than your own.

Well actually, when players like the OP move to the other faction it helps to dilute the faction's skill base. As has been evinced by multiple threads, simply being a good pilot is enough to guarantee a really high win rate. If a faction seems to be winning all the time because of a higher proportion of good pilots(from the perspective of players like the OP), then their moving over will help dilute that population of good pilots.

I don't quite agree with it. You do have a point, but I still regard one or a few player's influence as being too small.

For the already losing side, however, losing ANY person is bad.

I've been playing Galactic Starfighter all day on POT5 and Republic has won 2 matches out of countless others.

I'm not saying I'm good (I'm not) but in order to even have a chance I have to use my Empire toons it seems.

I guess it depends which time of the day you are in. I'm on POT5 too and I regularly track my match played and won achievements, so far it's almost a perfect 1 win for 1 defeat which is more than fair enough for me.

On the other hand solo queues seem to carry more victories than group queues, probably the fact that imp groups are much more coordinated.

Edited by demotivator

I was going to post a thread to see if the lack imps was a general trend, I thought it was down to fact that a lot of people, me included think the republic ships just look a lot better. But glad its not, hopefully things will balance out. Its more fun fighting the other side than your own.

Posters seem to have the imperials suffering more often, but you need a large sample to tell. In general I would say it depends on the server. Ebon Hawk definitely favors Republic at the moment in the games I've been in - though not quite the massacre a lot of people here report. It's about a 70-30 rate. There haven't been any slaughters Republic side yet, though unfortunately the close games are few and far between.

I am pot5 and the pubs win all the time. I don't know what the OP is talking about. We are much better at GSF than we are on ground PvP.

It's more that the empire has premades on voice comms very frequently. Shock, who is on the leaderboards for kills, has a full contingent of people playing wingman for him. That's why he does so well on a gunship.

It's just the same old thing in SWTOR pvp- it's premades or bust. And right now, Empire has the premades. Which means they gear faster from winning. Which means that not only are those people who are in the premades getting better at a faster rate, so is everyone that rides their coattails. So, as a solo player, your best bet is to play Empire.

Bioware tried to address this with 8v8 premade pvp. We see how that went.

It's more that the empire has premades on voice comms very frequently. Shock, who is on the leaderboards for kills, has a full contingent of people playing wingman for him. That's why he does so well on a gunship.

I can partially agree to that.

Good coordination is really deadly in GSF, even worse than in Ground-PvP.

I've been playing Galactic Starfighter all day on POT5 and Republic has won 2 matches out of countless others.

I'm not saying I'm good (I'm not) but in order to even have a chance I have to use my Empire toons it seems.

Try to group with Araa. That bastage racked up damn near 30 kills against Imps...I donated at least 5 of those kills :(

On Red Eclipse the Republic dominates almost all games. I'm also thinking about switching to them (I think most good pilots already did).

Yup, on the weekend had a couple of battles where the Imps were held to double digits. Yesterday I decided to get my Imp side started and switched over to my Agent to knock out the weekly and man was it depressing lol. The first match starts and people are crashing into asteroids, triple teaming turrets while getting picked off by gunships, and a couple of people never left the starting spawn point.

It was still fun though. I'd get a few kills early on then find myself being chased by seemingly everyone lol. Lots of highspeed pursuits around asteroids. Queue times seemed a bit longer than Republic side.

Yup, on the weekend had a couple of battles where the Imps were held to double digits. Yesterday I decided to get my Imp side started and switched over to my Agent to knock out the weekly and man was it depressing lol. The first match starts and people are crashing into asteroids, triple teaming turrets while getting picked off by gunships, and a couple of people never left the starting spawn point.

It was still fun though. I'd get a few kills early on then find myself being chased by seemingly everyone lol. Lots of highspeed pursuits around asteroids. Queue times seemed a bit longer than Republic side.

Might have to get my Merc up in the air. At least to do dailies for reqs.