I can't seem to get rid of this game please help.

Aliceluvsu

I have tried deleting everything that has to do with this game and there's a file stuck on my computer and when I tried to reinstall nothing pops up to indicate it's installing, I'm in a pickle. The only option I have is to factory reset this computer and I really don't want to do it does anyone else have any solutions?

Before starting read my warning message and Caution at bottom.

In order to get rid of the all the game files you first have to know what operating system your using I.E Windows 10,

First go through the uninstall removal procedure from Programs and Features Under Control Panel

Uninstall the Star Wars the Old Republic (starting with the one that shows 19 Gigabytes)

Then the Star Wars The Old republic 21.1MB

Next uninstall BitRaider Streaming Client

You will have to locate File Explorer Options in the control Panel open it,

click on the View tab where it has Hidden files and folders, ensure the black circle is in show hidden files, folders and drives.

2) Then untick Hide empty drives

3) Untick Hide extensions for known file types

4) Untick hide folder merges conflicts

5) Untick Hide Protected Operating system files (recommeneded)

Once that is done you need to go to root drive C:\ there will be 32 bit or 64 bit pathway below is the 64bit pathway version

Here you will look in the following file pathways for swtor folders.

1) C:\Programs Files (x86)\Electroonic Arts\BioWare

2) C:\Program Data\Bitraider

3) C:\Users\(name of the user or login user name)\AppData\Local\Swtor (""""something like this C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Swtor""").

4) C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\SwtorPerf

5) C:\User\Public\Public Documents\Bit Raider

6) Go to Documents and delete HeroBlade Logs folder its part of the swtor setup (useless Folder that has nothing in it)

You can safely delete all the swtor and bit raider folders in these pathways.

The final thing you need to do is gain access to the Operating System registry I suggest googling this on what not to delete in this area but to get access by the following:

Go Start (Windows Like Boxes) Right click

Locate Run Left click on it

type regedit hit enter

Once in here you will need to type the folder names above in the find and search and just wait while it carrys out it checks as you discover each folder registry key for swtor folders delete them until all registry is check then close all screens.

Then restart your computer

Now after restarting your computer do not try and reinstall swtor instead your going to do 3 things first recheck for the swtor folders and check the registry.

Then run scan disk by right clicking C: Drive go Properties and then Check or disk scan allow it to run until finish.

Then you can do another restart of the computer and finally reinstall swtor if you like or run a registry cleaner just to be sure.

""""""Warning Advise and Caution"""""""""

Make notes of what you do so you can back trace if something goes wrong very important!

Some folders will be encrypted so they can never be deleted do not try and override these encrypted folders they are shared folders with the operating system and they should never be deleted as they corrupt the operating system if that is the case use a registry cleaner or just leave them alone. all the registry cleaner does is clean the links to them where it can but does not really remove them totally.

Now if any errors come up note them and use google to find out what they relate too as this happens occasionally if some file or registry key is linked to the folders you deleting is missed or incorrectly uninstalled if that happens just reinstall swtor and see which file its asking for or saying its missing then on google search for that file and see if you can download it and put it back in the folder it s meant to be in.

In worst case this sometimes has nothing to do with the folder you deleted but is a Windows operating driver to a particular hardware issue like Graphic driver it was sharing this is why you need to understanding the error if this occurs then its takes time to correct and lots of trial and errors correcting.

These errors also occur during uninstall if something else was trying to install or during root scan the operating systems do from time to time nothing you can do about that except pray you do not get screen of death.

So use Google and read up before starting and or have another computer on hand because I seen computers do weird things that even tech heads can not get out off and there first instance is to wipe the computer clean and do a fresh install never do this unless you can not start your computer if you can boot into the desktop you can correct the problem over time as long as you make notes.

Edited by Darkrebellord