Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your favorite combos/attack rotations?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Your favorite combos/attack rotations?

Sideblaze
02.17.2013 , 03:12 PM | #1
To clarify, Combo meaning your favorite combination of abilities to use, whether for DPS or for other reasons, post your favorite combination of abilities to use in order!

Example of rotation (Lethal as example): Poisons, weakening, cull, series, ambush, cull

Example of combo: Leg shot, ambush, cover pulse right as they fly away from the ambush, they go flying

NoTomorrow
02.17.2013 , 06:53 PM | #2
Sorcerers will hate you for Legshot -> EP -> Ambush -> FT.
Actually anything that involves Legshot or Takedown always makes me smile.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Bouncy_Hunter
02.17.2013 , 10:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Sorcerers will hate you for Legshot -> EP -> Ambush -> FT.
Actually anything that involves Legshot or Takedown always makes me smile.
^^ What he said

GaGaRox
02.17.2013 , 11:03 PM | #4
I love doing Ambush, grenade throw, then takedown.
Step into
The Shadows of The Empire

http://www.theshadowoftheempire.com/forums/

bbare
02.18.2013 , 12:21 PM | #5
At the start of a fight:

EP, Orbital, IP, CG, CD, Cull, SoS, laze Snipe, rifle shot, Cull

Most of the time, I pop adrenaline probe after the first cull, but it depends on how much energy I get back with cull. I pop relic, adrenal, laze and target acquired after CD. If you are wondering how I manage that, I bind them to the 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys and just button smash in between GCD.

I don't always pop all cd's at the start of a fight. Like on Xenoanalyst, you get a panel phase at 98% health so I wait to blow my cd's after the first panel phase.

I also love this in aoe situations:

Orbital, CG, Frag, rifle shot, Frag, rifle shot, Frag, etc...
The Vanity Legacy

Rigsta
02.18.2013 , 12:39 PM | #6
#1: IP > Dart > EP > Ambush > PP > TA (if they popped saber ward) > SoS

<3 all the explosions as SoS detonates the cluster bombs one after the other. After all that direct burst damage is done with they have 3 DoTs left to deal with, or 4 if they stay in the Plasma Probe radius, and an auto-crit snipe followed by takedown.

#2: Flashbang > EP > OS > Laze Snipe/Ambush > IP > PP > SoS. I don't use it often though since Flashbang is so useful for things other than setting up a combo and it makes their resolve skyrocket. Orbital Strike is usually better used for objective defense also.

#3: Flashbang > OS (faked) makes people pop their CC-breaker quite often. I don't often use it (see above) but it has its uses if you want someone's CC breaker to be on cooldown.

#4: Shield probe > Entrench > Ballistic Shield to out-tank melees while I set up my burst+DoT combo. Ambush is optional in this situation, I typyically save it for after saber ward wears off. Chaining ambush/auto-crit snipe and Takedown is great for finishing people off, if you can afford the activation time.

<3 Engineering in general. Its burst is like the Spanish Inquisition of sniper builds.

Ambush > FT > SoS > Sniper Volley > Laze > SoS > insta-snipe > FT > Takedown is always fun with marksmanship.

Edonidd
02.20.2013 , 01:35 PM | #7
Laze target, insta snipe, FT, SoS, EP, procced ambush, FT.
IP, CG, CD, EP, Cull, SoS.
Flashbang, OS, IP, PP, ambush, legshot, EP, SoS.

paowee
02.20.2013 , 02:16 PM | #8
My favorite "combo" the one that really cracks me up is:

When I sneak or gank a pub while riding in his speeder. I use Leg Shot, he starts rotating his mouse looking for what happened. I put Explosive Probe, he starts riding away, and then I SoS and he falls on the floor >_<
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

islander
02.20.2013 , 03:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
My favorite "combo" the one that really cracks me up is:

When I sneak or gank a pub while riding in his speeder. I use Leg Shot, he starts rotating his mouse looking for what happened. I put Explosive Probe, he starts riding away, and then I SoS and he falls on the floor >_<
Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Trolled, then killed!
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five