Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Female Romance Options

Kiralai
02.23.2012 , 04:31 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirandel View Post
I am surprised how many girls here said the like Malavai Quinn. I personally took that romance choice as an insult to women. For me it's like dating a protocol droid, worse actually. He is not a man by any means. The slave that greets you (as Warrior) in the spaceport first time you come to the capital has more character then Quinn. Even if you are all for domination and be the "the man in the house" - there is nothing to dominate here. Argh...

Honestly I begin to think all these talks about "adorable sweet Malavai Quinn" and "misogynist Tharan" is only a fear of public admitting that girls do like men with character rather then a slave for service.

But if it is true and all those girls are honest... guess we have to have 2 options for every class - one for "slave-lovers" and one for those who prefer equal relationship.
While I can certainly see where you'd get that impression, I'm going to respectfully disagree. I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I find him attractive because he's impressive. He's intelligent and exceptionally good at what he does (which is quite a bit considering he's a strategist, pilot, combatant, field medic, etc.). Baras pretty blatantly states that, were it not for the fact that there are higher-ups dedicated to keeping Quinn's career in check, he would be unstoppable in the Imperial military.

He's only really submissive to the extent that you (as a Sith lord) outrank him, and he is a thorough professional when it comes to his military duties. (Honestly, that's probably the best course of action given that Sith lords aren't exactly the most mild individuals to work with.) Apart from the fact that he behaves professionally I don't see him being very submissive at all. He still has his own ideals and goals, and he follows them. While other companions tend to ask to have you along when you do their companion storyline missions, Quinn is self-sufficient--he does it all himself and gets back in time for tea.

Spoiler

"Overly submissive" to me (in terms of a romantic relationship) would be someone who gives up their own goals in favor of yours, and betrays their own ideals according to your will. Quinn doesn't do either of those things. He's dedicated to be sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean submissive.

And I'm just gonna admit it and get it over with: I can't claim that none of it has to do with features I find physically attractive in men. I'm a sucker for very dark hair coupled with blue eyes. The accent doesn't hurt either. Hellooo, Captain.
"True mastery is to feel the flames of your passion, to dance with the fire, to live in it, to fully embrace the primal forces of destruction and creation, and not be burned to a cinder, to survive and prosper because you loved the flame, used the flame, but did not allow yourself to be consumed by it; this is greatness; this is Sith."

Laurelinde
02.23.2012 , 04:49 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Pidjaq View Post
Honestly, I would like to romance Bowdaar. He's awesome and he doesn't talk very much.

Corso Riggs is a freaking noob, and the only other "flirt" males are old, condescending moneybags.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a female smuggler might be interested in that type for monetary gain, but they are pretty boring in the action-packed life of a smuggler.

I would definitely like to see various aliens as romance options.
Hehe! I quite liked Numen on Balmorra...I would swap him for Corso any day of the week and twice on Sundays. It helps that my smuggly is a Twi'lek too, but I really liked their banter. The other 'flirts', yeah, I always got the feeling the guys were just 'players' or saw her like a piece of alien meat.

I dunno that I'd like to romance Bowdaar (I'm not sure I want to think about the mating habits of Wookiies at all, to be honest) but I do like him best of all the smuggler's companions, he meshes the best with my (smuggler's) personality. Shame about his rather chaotic tanking style, though.

Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
*hugs Blizz*

They'll never understand our love, lil guy.
LOL! I <3 Jawas...though possibly in a more platonic way. I think their society is meant to be pretty sexist, though I try to only think good things about the little cuties. My smuggler is going to retire by shipping ice from Hoth to the Jawas for all their water and cold-beverage needs.
Utini!

Aquarra
02.23.2012 , 06:43 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiralai View Post
Lots of stuff about Quinn.
I found myself wholeheartedly agreeing with this post. It almost exactly sums up my feelings on Quinn.

iCanUseTheForce
02.24.2012 , 07:50 AM | #324
I feel gyped. I didn't do any companion/romance research before rolling my Jedi. I wish I'd gone male with my Sage, female romance interest is crap.

Winwaar
02.24.2012 , 08:32 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
If you want to flirt with every female in sight, try Sith Warrior male.
Every female quest giver I've come across has given me some form of Flirting option.

And you get Vette and Jaesa. It's almost like the devs want everyone to be a male SW.
That, or Smuggler male. They get a ridiculous amount of flirt options, very early on, none of which are not within the crew they haven't assembled yet. Of course, they tend to get shot down a lot, too.
"Is that Sith Lightning in your hand, or are you just happy to see me?" - Captain Jen'nan of the Frostpeak to anonymous Sith Lord.

Phyreblade
02.24.2012 , 09:17 AM | #326
Well, my sith isn't quite like that. While incompetent people annoy her, failing in the face of ridiculous orders doesn't bother her. To her, it's not a problem with the "normals" (ie, non-sith) so much as the assinine demands put upon them by their sith leaders. She's friendly to the non-sith troopers and intelligence types. She doesn't WANT to be one of "those" sith who the troops feel terrified to be around lest she lash out at them for them sneezing or coughing at the wrong time.

*snip*
There's absolutely nothing to indicate Quinn had ever made any sort of "ridiculous order" to the fellow he was berating when my Sith warrior entered the room to catch him at it. In fact, from everything she could see of him, he was not the sort of officer to give "ridiculous orders". He acted carefully, rather. It's right there in his most immediate responses and manner upon first meeting. So her first impression of him is one of admiration and respect, shrug.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

LyriaFrost
02.24.2012 , 10:13 AM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
There's absolutely nothing to indicate Quinn had ever made any sort of "ridiculous order" to the fellow he was berating when my Sith warrior entered the room to catch him at it. In fact, from everything she could see of him, he was not the sort of officer to give "ridiculous orders". He acted carefully, rather. It's right there in his most immediate responses and manner upon first meeting. So her first impression of him is one of admiration and respect, shrug.
Like I said, it was first impressions. She'd run into other officers who'd made somewhat ridiculous demands on Dromund Kaas, so this seemed to be yet another in that line. It's all about those first few seconds, when you run into someone for the very first time. Not trying to argue that's how he IS, just saying that was the initial impression my warrior got.
Weave maid such progress, but knot without accost. In deed, won wonders weather two take a fence. Each thyme oui real lion a computer, wheel ooze a bit of hours elves. Two much technology may knot bee sew suite, and we joust can't real eye two much on spell Czech. Sea the problem hear?

EllorKataan
02.24.2012 , 01:03 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddhog View Post
Idk if this has been mentioned (I am -not- reading 24 pages of posts), but for a jedi consular, why isn't zenith romanceable? I'm a guy, so I dunno, but I found Lt. Irresso pretty bland/boring. He does have a dark secret, but his attitude is all "yeah w/e" or "hey I'll roll with that"

Theran already has a sentient hologram of a GF (AWKWARD!). Plus hes sleezy and I just want to punch his face in (dunno about ladies...?)

Zenith seems a more complex/interesting character. His years struggling against the Imps as a resistance fighter have left him jaded/gruff. He doesn't trust people. It was implied he was kicked off balmorra because he has learned too much from the Imps he was fighting... (Be careful when staring into the abyss, as the abyss will stare back into you, when fighting monsters you might become one yourself, kinda thing).

Isn't he something of the "bad boy" archetype? As a romance BW could either go that route, and/or bring out a specific event that "changed" him, and allow the female players to "heal" him from this emotional trauma? Loss of a close friend, betrayal by said friend, family/loved one died, etc. I dunno, he seems to have potential. If nothing else it would apply to the female xenophiles out there!

Ladies... am I wrong here? >.>

On another note... yeah why couldn't they level the playing field more? Why did one class get x2 male x2 female, and others only 1/1? Couldn't all classes/genders have a LS/DS romance option? Or at least the option to shift the alignment of a romance option? With jedi consulars Nadia is your padawan. Her character is also naive/new to the galactic stage. Her species is also new to the force. They have so few force users/contact with the galaxy that they really have no idea what it is. Eager to learn this new power of hers/trusting her master, it would be easy to corrupt her to the dark side (same with the SI's togruta companion/love interest. Her pride broke her from the order.... and could break her even more?)
As a (normal straight) guy, I totally agree.

I have a male Trooper, a male Smuggler, a female Jedi Knight and a female Jedi Consular.

For my male characters, I'm covered (though I have to say despite all of them being level 40-ish I have yet to actually have a 'romance' in-game with one of my companions).

The Trooper gets Elara (british accents are damn sexy, win), my Smuggler has been 'space-laid' a few times or should I say 'space-one-night-standed', but looking forward to romancing Risha even though initially she's a cold-hearted ******.

My girls seem to get the shaft, and not in a good way. From a sexuality and social standpoint I find it interesting to be a guy-whos-a-girl-but-should-like-guys-'cause you know-I'm a girl. But I digress.

Theran is f-ing creepy and borderline gay. And whats the deal with Holiday? What? Does she F him with light somehow? That guy has serious issues if he cant have a relationship with a real woman because of a hologram. In some F-ed up way if she was a state-of-the-art anatomically correct droid made to look like a real female in every way I could understand that relationship. As it stands? NO. Get away from my magically babelicious Jedi, freak.

Zenith does seem like the least lame (potentially, if BW actually let us) romanceable male so far, but no. As a Jedi, I'm just going to forgo a romantic relationship period like a Jedi is supposed to.

As for my female Jedi Knight, I'm really disappointed I didn't make her a male because honestly Kira is exactly what I look for in a woman. She's "cute", has a personality, is funny, and best of all - fits my definition as the perfect life-long "partner in crime".

As an aside - I get that a lot of girls want children in-game in a perfect world (or at least, thats what I get from reading the reply's). But really, children are ultimate buzzkill. What responsible parent is going to take/have children on any battlefield? Leave them on the ship? Great parenting! How about taking them to touchy-feely places like Nar Shadda?

Kids mean the lives of our charcters are effectively over. Unless you know, you're a Smuggler and are Ok with having bastard children all over the galaxy - in which case they're not your responsibility anyways... anything else means the life of adventure and risk is over. Welcome to the life of safety, responsibility, health insurance and diapers!

Teddygram
02.24.2012 , 02:28 PM | #329
I think the smuggler story was written by a woman too, if I recall correctly.

I need to play my smuggler more. I love the one-liners she has.

Corso is a pretty romantic guy if you like the type that makes you go "awwwww" like a teenage girl.

(I freely admit going "awww" A LOT! )
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. ~ Qui-Gon Jin

SableRhapsody
02.24.2012 , 02:34 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by EllorKataan View Post

As an aside - I get that a lot of girls want children in-game in a perfect world (or at least, thats what I get from reading the reply's). But really, children are ultimate buzzkill. What responsible parent is going to take/have children on any battlefield? Leave them on the ship? Great parenting! How about taking them to touchy-feely places like Nar Shadda?
I think the implication in a lot of the "marriage and kids" conversations are that the characters are considering having kids in the future. Or at least that's how I choose to read it, because it's mental to have kids while you're running around the galaxy fighting people left and right. I suppose if you're Sith you could always just dump your kids off on Korriban, but something tells me they wouldn't last too long.
Fear is the mind-killer.