United forces: Strongholds bought with credits not affected by merge?

Vodolebon

... or should i start to worry?

I just want to make this clear because until now, transfers considered both methods of purchase differently, i.e:

-bought with cartel coins: you just had to reactivate your SH on new server (and redecorate)

-bought with credits: you had to rebuy it, iirc.

So i'd like to make sure, i have 4 strongholds on multiple toons (but from the same legacy), on one server.

These SHs are bought and fully unlocked with credits.

Once "united forces" drops,

-will i still have my strongholds?

Edited by Vodolebon

According to the LiveStream, your strongholds won't be affected at all. They're still be open and decorated, regardless of how they were purchased.

You will also have any of your strongholds from other servers, if they merge into the same destination server. This means you might have more than one Coruscant apartment and so forth.

However, you won't be able to buy a new stronghold until you close existing ones to get below the new cap of 10. If you have 4 strongholds in total on all servers now, you'll have a new limit of 10 and can buy 6 more. If you had 4 on one server, 4 on a second server, and 4 on a third server, you would have to shut 3 down (12-3=9) to buy a new one.

Interesting fact about decorations --

"Decorations are not impacted by the United Forces update. If you have more than one Legacy which are combined as part of the update, you will have access to each decoration equal to the highest decoration among your Legacies. Ex: On the Skywalker Legacy you have 4 Basic Metal Chairs, on the Organa Legacy you have 15 Basic Metal Chairs. After the update, you will have a combined Legacy with 15 Basic Metal Chairs. It is possible that you may end up with more decorations placed than you own after the update. If this happens, you cannot place any more of that decoration until you go below your owned value. "

Edited by Xina_LA

According to the LiveStream, your strongholds won't be affected at all. They're still be open and decorated, regardless of how they were purchased.

You will also have any of your strongholds from other servers, if they merge into the same destination server. This means you might have more than one Coruscant apartment and so forth.

However, you won't be able to buy a new stronghold until you close existing ones to get below the new cap of 10. If you have 4 strongholds in total on all servers now, you'll have a new limit of 10 and can buy 6 more. If you had 4 on one server, 4 on a second server, and 4 on a third server, you would have to shut 3 down (12-3=9) to buy a new one.

Interesting fact about decorations --

"Decorations are not impacted by the United Forces update. If you have more than one Legacy which are combined as part of the update, you will have access to each decoration equal to the highest decoration among your Legacies. Ex: On the Skywalker Legacy you have 4 Basic Metal Chairs, on the Organa Legacy you have 15 Basic Metal Chairs. After the update, you will have a combined Legacy with 15 Basic Metal Chairs. It is possible that you may end up with more decorations placed than you own after the update. If this happens, you cannot place any more of that decoration until you go below your owned value. "

Thank for this explanation. I am wondering if you have Rep & Imp Guild on your Account how that will be affected? It is just for my alts but I really would hate to loose them as one has been unlocked all or almost all the way and they both have funds in GSH.

In case it's helpful, they also said,

Active Strongholds will be unaffected by the United Forces update. If you have Strongholds from more than one Legacy coming together, both will be added to your list. If you have more than one of a specific Stronghold (such as multiple Coruscant Apartments), they will both be retained and accessible. If the combination of the two Strongholds takes you above the cap of six, they will all be retained. However, you cannot activate new Strongholds until you return to a number below the cap.

There is no impact to Guild Banks, Strongholds, Flagships or other similar items because of the United Forces update. If your Guild name overlaps with another Guild name; each will have the name of the original server appended to the original Guild name.

Ex: Your Guild “The Jedi Order” from the server The Bastion collides with, “The Jedi Order” from The Harbinger; the Guild names will now appear as:

The Jedi Order – The Bastion

The Jedi Order – The Harbinger

Post-update, if either Guild goes inactive, disbands, or is renamed, the other Guild’s name will return to its original form - “The Jedi Order.”

Edited by Xina_LA