Why can't I kill/dump my companions?

Khalhazar

3. Quinn. Yes, I know we used to be able to kill him back in Beta, and the option should still be there! Seriously, he's a Psycho type barely held in check by his loyalty to Darth Baras.

I'm possibly the only person, in the whole game (I'm not even kidding, I am the only one here), that found...

his betrayal

...to be totally expected, and a really nice charaicter story arc. I can't wait to see where this goes in Chapter 4, or if we'll find out more about his past. That would be nice.

I also find his whole sadistic/ near psychotic nature that boils just beneath the 'proper', and dutiful Imperial officer to be a perfect complement, to my ruthless Dark Side Sith.

While I would not kill him (ever) I do think that the option should be there, for those that want it.

Personally, I find him one of the most compelling companions in the game.

Edited by JediElf

I'm possibly the only person, in the whole game (I'm not even kidding, I am the only one here), that found...

his betrayal

...to be totally expected, and a really nice charaicter story arc. I can't wait to see where this goes in Chapter 4, or if we'll find out more about his past. That would be nice.

There is a thread bout that - I don't think it was exactly unexpected, although

I was expecting it to turn out to be more like how things went with Kaliyo, where he had to make a decision about it. Perhaps with a way to convince him to stay with you and loyal to you that made more sense than 'oops, I didn't manage to kill you, my bad, will you take me back?'

Skadge is awesome. Keep him out for a bit and he'll give you a lot of laughs . I would have much rather killed Gault, Mako, and Torian in that order. Gault because his story was set up so we wanted to kill him in the first place, and Mako and Torian for being Mary and Gary Sue.

4. Tanno Vik. How the HELL did Garza think this weiner was the best Demo expert ever to serve in the Republic Army??? He's a tool, and a useless tool at that! They should have let me take Fuse instead.

Garza consistently makes me think of Katherine Janeway. As such she did it, on purpose, to annoy us!

I'd love the option to be able to freeze Skage in carbonite and leave him hanging around somewhere. I can get him later if I decide I need him.

That's a great idea. Seriously.

Edited by Bhaers

Every time I see a kill/dump companion thread, I wonder to myself before starting to read it:

"Is it yet another Sith Warrior wanting to kill the Quinn-ster?"

Thank you for delivering :D

But seriously.. Ashara for my female SI makes me cry, she hates my neutral decisions, doesn't much care for my presents. I do NOT want her on my ship!

But seriously.. Ashara for my female SI makes me cry, she hates my neutral decisions, doesn't much care for my presents. I do NOT want her on my ship!

Try Vette. Some days I want to grab one of her tentacles and slap her around the face with it.

I wouldn't push Vette out of the airlock, but I would like to fit the slave collar back on her.

Edited by Bhaers

I want there to be a back room in the cantinas in Mos Ila and Anchorhead where you can maroon companions you hate with nothing but the clothes on their back. Corso. Quinn. The people I cannot stand to see on my bridge, the people who make me want to not go on my own ship because I know they'll be there. I want to go to the fleet and pick up a personality-free Joe the Rent-a-Healer or Sue the Rent-a-Vanguard. I can always go back and re-recruit the jerkface character, or I can get the relief of kicking them out and leaving 'em there.

...please?

Every time I see a kill/dump companion thread, I wonder to myself before starting to read it:

"Is it yet another Sith Warrior wanting to kill the Quinn-ster?"

More Skadge than anything else, to be honest. And maybe Doc. I don't want to kill Doc, just kick him out until he learns his lesson.

The Quinn thing is just more bad writing than anything else.

So hey, DB tried to kill us all. Let's have a ship's meeting. How does everyone feel about that? Quinn, I know you must be especially torn up. Where are your loyalties now? If you still like DB, you're free to go; but if you stick around to betray me, I will kill you.

That's what my mostly-LS-with-some-DS warrior would have done. /shrug

More Skadge than anything else, to be honest. And maybe Doc. I don't want to kill Doc, just kick him out until he learns his lesson.

The Quinn thing is just more bad writing than anything else.

So hey, DB tried to kill us all. Let's have a ship's meeting. How does everyone feel about that? Quinn, I know you must be especially torn up. Where are your loyalties now? If you still like DB, you're free to go; but if you stick around to betray me, I will kill you.

That's what my mostly-LS-with-some-DS warrior would have done. /shrug

Ship's meeting? What, do you think she is, an inquisitor? (No, if she was an inquisitor, there would have been like 6 meetings about it, not just one.)

From the notes I read from the guild summit it looks like the freezing in carbonite option is actually being considered. I'd like Skadge permanently gone (being able to pick up a replacement crew member somewhere along the way would be great), but I'll take the satisfaction of walking by a Skadge-sicle on a regular basis. I believe most of the crew would give me affection points for this action.

Why does everyone hate Skadge so much!! He's the perfect brutish, no-finesse character foil for a slick and cunning BH. Plus every time he opens his mouth I laugh. He always says he could kill you if he wanted... but you know he secretly likes you.

Why does everyone hate Skadge so much!! He's the perfect brutish, no-finesse character foil for a slick and cunning BH. Plus every time he opens his mouth I laugh. He always says he could kill you if he wanted... but you know he secretly likes you.

People like different things. Personally, I don't enjoy crude brutes with the intelligence of rocks (and that may be insulting to the rocks) who like to hurt people just to hurt them. You're more than welcome to him, want two? :)

People like different things. Personally, I don't enjoy crude brutes with the intelligence of rocks (and that may be insulting to the rocks) who like to hurt people just to hurt them.

I wouldn't even mind that, if he didn't give off strong sexual-predator vibes. my BH doesn't want him to "be gentle with [her], girlie." *shudder* I don't even want to know what he would have done to the guy's girlfriend before he killed her if I'd let him.

People like different things. Personally, I don't enjoy crude brutes with the intelligence of rocks (and that may be insulting to the rocks) who like to hurt people just to hurt them. You're more than welcome to him, want two? :)

He's a psychopath from a prison world, of course he wants to kill people. Fine, keep your boring Mako and Torian then :p I'm pretty sure I can count their number of actual character flaws on a Hutt's foot.

And no, being a clone isn't a character flaw, neither is having a dishonorable father or getting kidnapped.

Either way, BW has done a good job if they can inspire such a strong negative reaction about Quinn, Skadge, or Gault meaning they are just as well written as any of the positive reaction ones. But yeah, I can give you all the Mako Sue's and Bieber Fetts and we'll call it an even trade :D

Disclaimer: This post was not intended to be entirely serious.

Edited by Jenzali

Did I read that we may get carbonate freezing for possible unwanted companions?

Oh gooood! Then I can have a nice Vette shaped statue, to put in a dusty forgotten corner, of my engine room. :jawa_evil:

Your so right! I'm the only person who likes Quinn, and a few of the other more evil companions. It fun to have such a variety of personalities among those we travel with. It really keeps it interesting. ^_^

Edited by JediElf

Did I read that we may get carbonate freezing for possible unwanted companions?

Oh gooood! Then I can have a nice Vette shaped statue, to put in a dusty forgotten corner, of my engine room. :jawa_evil:

Nooooooooooooooooooo

I'll take her off your hands, I could use two kinky Twi'lek wives!

You can have that thing that stands in my cockpit that I'd like to put my saber through though, I'd rather use the ship droid as my healer than Mr. I'm not loyal.

Edited by DeutschGamer

Nooooooooooooooooooo

You can have that thing that stands in my cockpit that I'd like to put my saber through though, I'd rather use the ship droid as my healer than Mr. I'm not loyal.

Ohhh you have no idea what I could do with two Quinns...one for the cockpit and one for-[the contents of this post is completely inappropriate], and not to mention having two healers!

Yes I will trade you my Vette for another Mr. Tried to kill a Sith but failed and that's kinda awesome really.

Ohhh you have no idea what I could do with two Quinns...one for the cockpit and one for-[the contents of this post is completely inappropriate], and not to mention having two healers!

Yes I will trade you my Vette for another Mr. Tried to kill a Sith but failed and that's kinda awesome really.

Dear god.. two Quinns? I'd be up for that too... You could have the entire rest of my crew for a second Quinn-ster.

Nooooooooooooooooooo

ONE cute, sweet, semi-innocent-yet-freaky-kinky Twi'lek wifey is all my SW needs! Vette rules. 2 of her would kill him! :D

But hey, what a way to go! ;)

I haven't seen many of the companions from my angle, so these are the ones I've seen firsthand. For the longest time, the companions I could've done without were:

1) Quinn. He was number 1 on my hitlist for a long time. He has since come off the "Kill or Airlock" Treatment once I hit near the end of his story arc. It took him enough times to get the hint I wasn't interested anymore. :rolleyes:

2) Skadge is very high on this list. I growled everytime he was on the screen. He's very caustic, and fairly useless. If I ever get the need on my SW for an offtank, I use Broonmark. Otherwise Mako and/or Quinn stays out.

3) Doc. The reason why is because of his treatment to my initial JK, which was female. I couldn't stand him and ended up rerolling as a male. While he's okay from the "bromance" perspective, he is the last person I pictured a lady JK going for. Doc's still sleazy enough to merit a time out with carbonite freezing. :mad:

4) Any ship droid. Sorry, just wanted to get that out there. Especially my Pub droid. :tran_cool:

Edited by natashina

Because there is no quickload in MMO's, stupid people would choose to kill them "for the lolz" and then whine that they lost a companion that they now want to use. The crying would be endless. In short, idiot-proofing. I believe you were able to at one point, the conversations are still there. Like there is an option to let Ashara die or kill Quinn. It just doesn't do what it's supposed to.

That's the reason why they took that option off. A bunch of idiots ended up killing all their companions so they were stuck with the droid and they whined about it.