Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Balance Changes in Game Update 5.9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Tank Balance Changes in Game Update 5.9
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glocko
04.05.2018 , 04:26 PM | #21
This is hilarious.... there are no options now other than to play skank tank for those classes. No significant dps buffs combined with buffs to snipers, sorts, and Merc have basically made many classes obsolete

KendraP
04.05.2018 , 04:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Glocko View Post
This is hilarious.... there are no options now other than to play skank tank for those classes. No significant dps buffs combined with buffs to snipers, sorts, and Merc have basically made many classes obsolete
I mean the fix to scaling for guardians is nice... a year and a half late, but ok. Other than that i dont think much will change for guardians or shadows.

VGs just got hosed.

Loadsamonie
04.05.2018 , 04:30 PM | #23
So how exactly are these changes going to incentivize players to run a Pure Tank in PvP over a Skank Tank? This seems like a very lazy bandaid fix that doesn't at all address the core problems that PvP tanks have at the moment, that being their survivability and their defining abilities being universally available to DPS specs, Guard and Taunts.

I don't approve of these changes at all. This addresses nothing and will only serve to stalemate Warzones even more and push people away from Tanks altogether, now that they kill even slower than before.

This is a cop-out fix, and the pathetic thing is that you guys could've done so many different things to rectify this problem, including:

-Amending Defense/Shield/Absorb to work against Force/Tech and Crits
-Relegating Guard and Taunts to Tank specs only (so DPS specs cannot use them and pseudo-tank)
-Hardcapping the Power/Crit/Alacrity that Tank specs can achieve
-Restricting Tank Specs to Tank gear only (I.E class restrictions on mods, armorings, enhancements, etc)

All of these would have either limited Skank damage without harming pure Tanks in the process, or encouraged people to stray away from Skanking and go pure Tank instead.

But nope, we get this. Well played, Musco. Tanks have been foiled again.

Yshzark
04.05.2018 , 04:31 PM | #24
So for the purpose of PvP you are going to destroy all tank classes in PvE?...well done...
Bring back the seperate PvP gear and stop destroying the game even more by nerfing and nerfing and further nerfing. At this rate, difficult damage dependending hardmode bosses are going to be impossible. YES, you *********** need the tank dps-wise there as well!!!!!!!!!!

Schoock
04.05.2018 , 04:34 PM | #25
And once again... BioWare delivers.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Loadsamonie
04.05.2018 , 04:37 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I mean the fix to scaling for guardians is nice... a year and a half late, but ok. Other than that i dont think much will change for guardians or shadows.

VGs just got hosed.
I genuinely laughed at this comment, because as wisecracky as you were trying to be, it's absolutely true. Vanguards needed a buff, and instead they just got flipped and dipped. Bioware did them dirty.

Schoock
04.05.2018 , 04:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
Vanguards needed a buff
Sure as hell they did. Almost 10k DPS on a tank spec is calling for a buff.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Loadsamonie
04.05.2018 , 04:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
Sure as hell they did. Almost 10k DPS on a tank spec is calling for a buff.
Damage-wise they performed better than Juggs, but their survivability was the worst of the three because of a distinct lack of defensive cooldowns.

Now their damage sucks and they don't survive any better. They got the french mistake from something hard and sandpapery.

Joonbeams
04.05.2018 , 04:44 PM | #29
As others have said, for PvP this kills tanks. Completely destroys them. I don't see this as an over-statement. Tanks need major boosts to mitigation for these changes to make any sense in PvP. Please tell us major mitigation buffs are coming our way.

Just as I was trying to turn positive...

Joonbeams
04.05.2018 , 04:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Yshzark View Post
So for the purpose of PvP you are going to destroy all tank classes in PvE?...well done...
Bring back the seperate PvP gear and stop destroying the game even more by nerfing and nerfing and further nerfing. At this rate, difficult damage dependending hardmode bosses are going to be impossible. YES, you *********** need the tank dps-wise there as well!!!!!!!!!!
What am I missing here? How does this help PvP? A threat boost as the offset for DPS nerf is for PvP? I don't get it (I admit I don't get a lot of things in the game, but tanking is the only thing I thought I kinda got).