Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouseover Healing

RealityOnHold
12.13.2011 , 03:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nakemi View Post
Really? You cannot heal without it?

Its like that one extra little click is too much for some people...
Note the Almost. As in almost essential, but not.

In wow you could heal just by typing, in fact that's how I healed in wrath of the lich king. It is just very handy to have a mouse over option.
I have altered the words in this signature, pray I do not alter it any further.

TheGawdfather
12.13.2011 , 03:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezren View Post
-sigh- mouseover healing is NOT NOT NOT any type of addon. Its just not. Its a type of TARGETING method only.

Its not like healbot, decursive, vuh'do, or staples easy button. Its just mouseover targeting. Simple UI targeting system. That is ALL.
AHHHH, k now I see. thank you for clarifying.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

TheGawdfather
12.13.2011 , 03:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RealityOnHold View Post
Note the Almost. As in almost essential, but not.

In wow you could heal just by typing, in fact that's how I healed in wrath of the lich king. It is just very handy to have a mouse over option.
Actually it's how I first learned to heal, Spamming flash of light. Ahhh the good olde days. I was such a nubcake.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Nakemi
12.13.2011 , 03:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGawdfather View Post
Actually it's how I first learned to heal, Spamming flash of light. Ahhh the good olde days. I was such a nubcake.
Ah yes Paladin 101... Vanilla BWL Raids some random addon that would auto allocate my heal to the lowest HP member in the raid. 1 button win raid healing
We be Smuggling

superscott
12.13.2011 , 06:14 PM | #25
Agreed, don't need mouse over for healing, but i used it a lot for other things - CC, Marking, etc..

I had a pretty sweet Blessing of Protection Mouseover macro. Didnt need to know the name of who i was BoP-ing, all i had to know was that a boss was running at some mage that just pulled aggro. Mouse over - shift+e = BoP ******** mage. After they lived i could then look at their name and yell at them.

Mouse over helps when you have to make a super quick reaction, it's not playing the game for you.

Ruinondd
12.13.2011 , 08:30 PM | #26
I just hope they get it in game before I get my guild into operations. Doubling the amount of mouseclicks needed makes my hand weep lol.
Guild Master Of Imperial Tax Collectors. Founding member of 1020th Armada.
http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/swt...?sig_id=126957

gospelwut
12.13.2011 , 08:44 PM | #27
I think not having GRID even for small groups is going to feel just wrong. But, yes, I'll miss mouseover healing (amongst other things).

The loss of macros has other effects--not "cheating" ones either. In particular, I'm sure anybody that will miss chaining various states, e.g. [hostile][target=targettarget]. Or the [shift] modifiers, etc. As encounters/situations got complicated, macros became almost necessary. Fact of the matter is, you can only make a game so-difficult without the proper tools.

I hate to make this argument, because I don't want to compare this game to WoW nor say it should be like WoW. But, this seems like a fundamental lesson to be garnered from it.
Who said sailing is fine?

IAmJakub
12.13.2011 , 08:49 PM | #28
It's all a part part of min-maxing which goes along with being an end game focused gamer. Having to click and heal reduces you response time no matter how fast you are (not even accounting for lag).

The two things you need as a good healer (provided you have the knowledge of the class and its abilities) is a very well laid out healing UI which clearly shows relevant buffs and debuffs and target's health on each friendly targetand preferably is customizable so you don't have to look at stuff which is not relevant (eg. grid) and quick response time (reads mouseover macro). From what I heard/saw, this game has neither.

DarkInsidious
12.13.2011 , 08:56 PM | #29
So basically what you want is a format to write macros?

I don't think Bioware is intersted in anything that can manipulate their script.

This is clearly an endeavor that they are invested in and will more than likely release their own User Interface addons in future patches.

I'm sure if you're patient this may come in some form but probably not involving you having the ability to write game script in to macros.
CE VIP 29Jul ||⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿||█████████████████████████████████

gospelwut
12.13.2011 , 09:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
It's all a part part of min-maxing which goes along with being an end game focused gamer. Having to click and heal reduces you response time no matter how fast you are (not even accounting for lag).

The two things you need as a good healer (provided you have the knowledge of the class and its abilities) is a very well laid out healing UI which clearly shows relevant buffs and debuffs and target's health on each friendly targetand preferably is customizable so you don't have to look at stuff which is not relevant (eg. grid) and quick response time (reads mouseover macro). From what I heard/saw, this game has neither.
Not to be pedantic, but I'd also say encounter awareness aside from strict class theorycrafting. Bad healers watch bars go up and down while the volcano explodes.

Furthermore, I'd add, one ability the most healers never learn is how to prioritize. Sometimes people die, and one must decide who's the least important. Though, I suppose that sort of goes along with situational awareness/assessment.
Who said sailing is fine?