Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouseover Healing

Nakemi
12.13.2011 , 01:37 PM | #11
Hey I started my healing career back in 'The Legend of Mir' a top down style mmo. No raid frames, no party health bars just good old fasioned hover your mouse above their 7 pixel char model and hope for the best :P.

Good times ^^
We be Smuggling

Rafkin
12.13.2011 , 01:39 PM | #12
I've played healer a lot, in games with and without mouseover. Personally i don't use it but i don't have a problem with it. This is not an "add-on" debate. It should be a basic function of stock UIs

I would much rather see target of target though. That i use and its pretty annoying without it.

Ezren
12.13.2011 , 01:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nakemi View Post
Hey I started my healing career back in 'The Legend of Mir' a top down style mmo. No raid frames, no party health bars just good old fasioned hover your mouse above their 7 pixel char model and hope for the best :P.

Good times ^^
the new "kiddies" just doing healing since WoW really dont know how good they have it these days

Its the old vets who realize the player makes the difference. If your good, your good regardless of how crappy the tools can be. Of course I will complain and gripe till I get some better tools, but that wont stop me from playing

Ezren
12.13.2011 , 01:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
I would much rather see target of target though. That i use and its pretty annoying without it.
This I miss a whole lot. Begin able to keep tank targeted and still do some DPS is useful for a healer.

Of course couple it with mouseover targeting and I can keep mob targeted for some damage, heal the raid AND instantly know when that pesky DPS just pulled aggro

kehatch
12.13.2011 , 01:47 PM | #15
I just find mouse over healing more fun because it lets you do more then just heal. It is more seamless. It lets you focus more on mobility, offense, and other skills.

Making the UI more cumbersome is a poor and artificial way to make the game more challenging.

I don't want macro's. That is a way of the game doing why I want to without me even knowing I needed to. Its button mashing spam that requires no skill. However, Mouse Over targeting lets me do what I planned on doing without spraining my finger on the function keys.

Kukura
12.13.2011 , 02:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezren View Post
Im old, played since EQ1 and have used just about every healing targeting style out there. Even if i dont PREFER it, I can use click targeting just fine. Heck, I can keep a raid alive with a tampon string, some bubble gum and a toothpick if I have to just might not be the most enjoyable time ever lol
Remember the old CH heal rotations from Everquest?!? Oh my word...

I agree, stepping out of your comfort zone and trying things that feel different can make you an even better healer. Healing these days requires practically no skills... when you do have them; however, you stand out amongst many.
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Ezren
12.13.2011 , 02:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kukura View Post
Remember the old CH heal rotations from Everquest?!? Oh my word...

I agree, stepping out of your comfort zone and trying things that feel different can make you an even better healer.
Oh lord, CHeal rotations, how I loathed you.

Kukura
12.13.2011 , 02:10 PM | #18
I'd have to say that those were my best MMO/raiding days... required much more communication and created stronger respect and friendships amongst each other.
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Ezren
12.13.2011 , 02:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kukura View Post
I'd have to say that those were my best MMO/raiding days... required much more communication and created stronger respect and friendships amongst each other.
Thats true. Everquest raiding was way more hardcore than new stuff. You had to be on your toes and even one second off on a Cheal your tank dropped. It isnt like today, where a little mishap can be recovered from. You screwed up then, you died.

And for anyone who reads this and never played it, yes you really DID walk to the raid uphill both ways barefoot in the snow. Honest.

usagiko
12.13.2011 , 02:34 PM | #20
I remember those CH chain days as well. Although my wife was the one in the chain, while I stood by and sang Mana Song, Resist Song, etc for the healers a lot of the time...

I miss my Bard so much ^_^