Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Potfish
12.18.2011 , 08:16 PM | #21
You people are not understanding what I'm saying.

Full Auto is great. Mortar Volley is great. The problem is that the Bounty Hunter has superior versions of these abilities. The classes are imbalanced when they are supposed to be mirrored.

The reason is obvious... the Trooper's abilities are not functioning correctly, such as when Mortar Volley launches a shell after the channeling time has already expired. Also such as when the Trooper spends half of Full Auto's channel time doing a preparation animation, when the Bounty Hunter does not.

Here is my video demonstrating these imbalances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZJfjVGkao

Krabcakes
12.18.2011 , 08:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Potfish View Post

Full Auto is great. Mortar Volley is great. The problem is that the Bounty Hunter has superior versions of these abilities. The classes are imbalanced when they are supposed to be mirrored.

The reason is obvious... the Trooper's abilities are not functioning correctly, such as when Mortar Volley launches a shell after the channeling time has already expired. Also such as when the Trooper spends half of Full Auto's channel time doing a preparation animation, when the Bounty Hunter does not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u7Ey9Uyvr8
Yeah. It's all pretty damn obvious in your video.

pezit
12.18.2011 , 08:44 PM | #23
I'm not much for complaining but how did this past by them in beta? It's a huge difference, and the troopers skills does feel a bit clunky with this delay.

Grimoir
12.18.2011 , 08:49 PM | #24
I support this movement wholeheartedly. How can the fearless warriors of the republic military expect to instill fear in their enemies if they broadcast their intentions with bright flashing lights and lasers 5 minutes before they ever do anything. It doesnt make much sense to telegraph the attacks that far in advance, especially considering how a simple sidestep will put anyone who is paying even the slightest amount of attention out of range to take any damage whatsoever.

It would probably be fairly simple to change it to match the BH version, so heres to BioWare making the right call and adjusting it for myself and my fellow soldiers of fort---err, the republic!!
~The Jykoor Legacy of The Bastion(PvP)~
Anasė - Terminal Velocity[Hybrid] Powertech - Level: 55
Jerīcho - Tactics Vanguard - Level: 55

E-Argos
12.18.2011 , 08:55 PM | #25
I agree with your points on full auto/unload and the Mortar volley problems, and I do think these need to be addressee, but your first example on Stockstrike is blatantly wrong.

It's not when the animation lands, it's when the damage is dealt that matters. Both abilities, Stock Strike and Rocket Punch, are instant-cast, and can be used while moving. The damage is done as soon as the button is pressed, NOT when the physical contact between sprites is made.

Look at your own video, the droid's health bar goes down as soon as the button is pressed, a fraction before the rifle hits him.

The animation is around the same length as rocket punch, the only difference is that VISUAL (NOT mathematical, hit-point related) contact is made later for the Trooper, which is inconsequential as far as balance goes.
Thoughts on Guardian armor? Cast your vote and state your case now in the
Jedi Guardian Armor Poll!
Over 2000 people have voted! The community has spoken, and 70% dig the new look.
How about you?

Potfish
12.18.2011 , 09:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Argos View Post
I agree with your points on full auto/unload and the Mortar volley problems, and I do think these need to be addressee, but your first example on Stockstrike is blatantly wrong.

It's not when the animation lands, it's when the damage is dealt that matters. Both abilities, Stock Strike and Rocket Punch, are instant-cast, and can be used while moving. The damage is done as soon as the button is pressed, NOT when the physical contact between sprites is made.

Look at your own video, the droid's health bar goes down as soon as the button is pressed, a fraction before the rifle hits him.

The animation is around the same length as rocket punch, the only difference is that VISUAL (NOT mathematical, hit-point related) contact is made later for the Trooper, which is inconsequential as far as balance goes.
YOU ARE RIGHT. I was looking at when the damage numbers appeared.

You are genius. Thank you.

Corran
12.18.2011 , 09:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Potfish View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u7Ey9Uyvr8
your commenting over the video was distracting and terrible. i know this is the new thing to do, but trust me it's not a good thing.

secondly you didnt showcase the big problem this thread pointed out - that pushback from taking damage prevents a tick of full auto from hitting, but does not likewise effect unload.

edit: just verified this myself making a bounty hunter. unload is not affected by pushback from damage. you always get all 3 hits. this needs to be addressed.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Corran
12.18.2011 , 10:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by snaplemouton View Post
Full auto is our best single target DPS (at least at level 23 it still is).
only if all 3 hits land. if you are interrupted and get only two, it does the same damage as stockstrike and less than HIB for the same ammo cost.

it's the best single target dps ability for bounty hunters, but for troopers until the disparity is addressed either by fixing full auto or fixing unload it is not.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Thunderbane
12.18.2011 , 10:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Argos View Post

Thanks, I didn't notice this. I think it would be worth trying to cast the ability and move away before the animation finishes and see if it does the damage. Same for Mortar Volley.

edit: Also I thought it was a good video and the commentary was great. Ignore the dullards.

Grimoir
12.18.2011 , 11:00 PM | #30
EDIT: Accidental double post, my apologies
~The Jykoor Legacy of The Bastion(PvP)~
Anasė - Terminal Velocity[Hybrid] Powertech - Level: 55
Jerīcho - Tactics Vanguard - Level: 55