Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

LifeHatesMe
12.18.2011 , 07:09 PM | #11
I agree, just make it start a nuclear bomb that blows up everything, instantly. :|

I use the full auto skill all the time, but really I think my character sucks more because I choose vanguard, and there's not way to choose commando after you've selected your type. (other than a annoying reroll..)

Potfish
12.18.2011 , 07:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Electroflux View Post
Can you please stop posting nonsense? Full Auto even says itself is a channeled spell, therefore it is a channeled spell. There is no disputing that and you're only making yourself look foolish.

I agree, the delay on these abilities are extremely annoying and unnecessary.
The classes are mirrored. Meaning they are supposed to be the exact same.

My video is saving and I will post it. It compares three abilities (except it does not show Death from Above because I am not level 10 yet).

Radburn
12.18.2011 , 07:13 PM | #13
Someone complaining about mortar strike

Mortar Strike is a powerful ability that is on a relatively short cool down. It is strategic and meant to be used at an opportune time when mobs are bunched up and NOT moving. Learn to use it properly.

SgtLi
12.18.2011 , 07:23 PM | #14
It not really complaining, but maybe a suggestion. See in PVE its okay, its absolutely perfect. But in PVP in other hand, you really really have to find a perfect momment, It is really situational. You have to pray that the enemies are stupid enough to stand still and clump up.

Sanctioned
12.18.2011 , 07:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Allfearsalsa View Post
-Two separate classes. Trying to say that abilities from different classes should be the exact same because they look/name similar is foolish. You have no idea of what balancing issues BW had in mind for how these abilities work. The class is more than just the sum of one/two abilities.

-Read what I said, there is a difference between "channeled" and "concentrated." Full Auto is a concentrated spell.
This is so lol worthy, you had to have done this on purpose. But, just in case you're not trolling, I give you the benefit of a doubt. You do realize Trooper and BH are mirrors of each othe right? That the abilities do the exact same thing, but looks/named a little different? Mortar Volley = death from above. This is by dev design.

This is why you were asked to just stop posting nonsense. lol.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

Storm_Shock
12.18.2011 , 07:40 PM | #16
I don't think the skills need changed just the animations so that they do what they are suppose to during their supposed time frame and not after.

Drives me nuts seeing my guy stand still for 2 seconds and 2 attacking when the whole thing is suppose to be over 3 seconds
◅⊱≔==Storm_Shock==≕⊰▻
◟◞◜The Order of the Force◜◟◞
Vanguard all the way. For Order 66!!!!

Radburn
12.18.2011 , 07:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtLi View Post
You have to pray that the enemies are stupid enough to stand still and clump up.
And they are, especially in objective pvp.

You have to admit its quite the thrill opening up on a group of mobs or players with a plasma grenade and then blasting them with Hail of Bolts while they're still on fire. If they're still wanting more toss a sticky grenade and then mortarstrike haha! Brings new meaning to crowd control - disperse or die!

snaplemouton
12.18.2011 , 07:44 PM | #18
Then don't use it if you think it suck... Full auto is our best single target DPS (at least at level 23 it still is). And Mortar volley is simply... the best AoE in the game I've seen yet?
1 mortar volley can literally shot 50% of the life bar on a huge area in Warzone. That is a lot and well used at the good place it's a complete massacre.

For full auto I could understand if being vanguard should be instant but for a commando, that big huge gun need to be stabilized for you to shoot straight with such pew pew power.

Radburn
12.18.2011 , 07:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm_Shock View Post
I don't think the skills need changed just the animations so that they do what they are suppose to during their supposed time frame and not after.

Drives me nuts seeing my guy stand still for 2 seconds and 2 attacking when the whole thing is suppose to be over 3 seconds
I'll agree that Full auto feels a tad off but mortar strike is actually bang on. The animation shows the trooper ready his cannon and brace himself for the sheer amount of kickback from firing massive grenade rounds. I think it fits the ability very well.

Krabcakes
12.18.2011 , 08:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Allfearsalsa View Post
-Two separate classes. Trying to say that abilities from different classes should be the exact same because they look/name similar is foolish. You have no idea of what balancing issues BW had in mind for how these abilities work. The class is more than just the sum of one/two abilities.

-Read what I said, there is a difference between "channeled" and "concentrated." Full Auto is a concentrated spell.
The abilities are obviously not functioning correctly.

Your entire argument is semantic nonsense.