Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My respec costs 36550 credits now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
My respec costs 36550 credits now

Funick
03.29.2012 , 06:41 PM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by joemoefoe View Post
i haven't respec for over a month and i'm still at 99880, i keep hearing about cost dropping but i have yet to be affected
it will say that but when you respec if its after a tueday reset you will see it was actually free, it just doesn't update what the window will say it costs you until after you do the respec.

cost caps at 99880 and really I've never thought twice about respecing, although I do have around 20mil credits so yeah do your dailies and keep crafting, making money in this game is easy.

dizzyMongoose
03.29.2012 , 08:33 PM | #442
It's not a Tuesday thing. The cost resets after a week from your last respec. Problem is, it won't tell you that it's free until after you respec, otherwise you'll be charged and the timer will reset. So if you want to make absolutely sure you won't be charged, jot down the last time you respecced and wait eight days.

Quesadilla
03.29.2012 , 10:50 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by dizzyMongoose View Post
It's not a Tuesday thing. The cost resets after a week from your last respec. Problem is, it won't tell you that it's free until after you respec, otherwise you'll be charged and the timer will reset. So if you want to make absolutely sure you won't be charged, jot down the last time you respecced and wait eight days.
Sometimes it even lies, and says that you owe like 3k when it's actually free. I got 50 on one of my characters literally months ago, never respecced and then just recently did, it said in the little thing that pops up that it'll cost me 3600, but it said it was free in my chat window.

PurpleMagick
03.30.2012 , 12:02 AM | #444
My respec cost me 1300 credits today. I only respecced once before this and it was like a month ago. Shouldn't it have reset? Or is 1300 the lowest?

djluxi
03.30.2012 , 02:53 AM | #445
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardsteel View Post
Good hope it keeps going up and maybe you figure out how play...
How the hell does me respecing mean i dont know how to play... i would think its rather the other way around... by respecing and trying out new stuff and new combinations i m learning my class inside out while u on the other hand, if u r so against respecing, i guess u dont do it as much, well basically u r learning just one combination ur class has to offer... who has to l2p here...

And respecs this costly only promote dumb play if u ask me, all ppl do at the end is wait for a few hardcore players that r actually willing to farm for their respecs, so they can actually do some testing to post a build on the web and copy it... how am i gonna test different builds as a casual player. Do u think i m gonna farm credits for a week so i can do a few respecs in a row and do some testing of my own, hell no! I rather spend it on some gear or do something fun, wich is a shame because in all games i enjoyed making my own builds and testing new things out, but not if its gonna make me broke... being broke is never fun in an mmo... specially while leveling.

sumuser
07.07.2012 , 01:37 PM | #446
Can anyone one give a clear answer on whether or not there is a "timer" on reassigning skill pts (that resets the cost)? I've only reassigned my skill pts once, but my BH shield tech is really geared towards PvE... I'm wondering how viable it would be to be able to switch my specialty, lets say, from week to week.

Just curious.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

JoshBSME
07.07.2012 , 03:46 PM | #447
It goes back to 0 credits after some period of time but i'm not sure what that is. A few days maybe. I expect if you only respec once a week then you will have no problems

Edit:
After a quick search it looks like the cost resets after each downtime on tuesdays.