Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf grav/tracer omg!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Nerf grav/tracer omg!

BountyHuntertwo
02.27.2012 , 05:53 PM | #441
To the people complaining: Do you realize that TM/GR is the basis of all of our other rotation skills in Arsenal/Gunnery? Do you also realize that any melee with an interrupt murders Mercs/Commandos in 1v1 fights unless we are heal specced?

Decembrist
02.27.2012 , 06:28 PM | #442
As a Merc player, my only concern with TM is too much repetitive use.
I don't find it anywhere near OP (its channelled and it roots you, spam it and your deaths will vastly outnumber your kills), the animation and sound I find cool.
But it makes the Arsenal rotation kind of boring, so for the Merc's own sake, Bioware please spread out the damage and buffs and procs between more Arsenal abilities when you have a minute
both parties will get happier. the few TM spammers won't, but does anyone care about them? if anything, it will cause a drop in Merc numbers, which will also be appreciated by those who stay and by all other classes
Wanted to play Darkness Assassin way before it was fotm

thebigshide
02.27.2012 , 06:45 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by BountyHuntertwo View Post
To the people complaining: Do you realize that TM/GR is the basis of all of our other rotation skills in Arsenal/Gunnery? Do you also realize that any melee with an interrupt murders Mercs/Commandos in 1v1 fights unless we are heal specced?

It needs to be balanced. Getting spammed for 2200 - 3500 every missile even after the 4 second interrupt is stupid.

Vandewater
02.27.2012 , 06:45 PM | #444
^This. It is hilarious watching the spammers do absolutely nothing but run once you interrupt their ability that is if they can run.

Thundartwothree
02.27.2012 , 06:52 PM | #445
Why are you fighting everyone 1 on 1? This is a team game, and with how overpopulated the class is you cannot interupt the spam of the 4+ of the AC everywhere you go.

Maybe the damage needs to be shifted away from the "basis of the rotation" skill and moved into other moves, with the overly simple nature of the ACs, adding more abilities and spreading out the damage would be a good idea, and up the skill cap of what is a far to simple AC for the payoff.
I will reach my field of battle at any means at my disposal, and when I get there I will arrive violently, no one will deny me, no one will defy me.

BobaFurz
02.27.2012 , 07:01 PM | #446
Quote: Originally Posted by thebigshide View Post
It needs to be balanced. Getting spammed for 2200 - 3500 every missile even after the 4 second interrupt is stupid.
Why waiting 4 seconds, just change to powershot which does similar dmg and is spammable. You only interrupt one skill.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Swaggz
02.27.2012 , 07:12 PM | #447
Quote: Originally Posted by thebigshide View Post
Unless you have absolutely ZERO expertice, 2200-3500 is a bit high. It's more like 1600-1700 non crits and around 2500 crits. Now if I pop Adrenals and Relics, of course it's going to be higher, but since the surge nerf, not so much. That's with the Rakata 2 piece and just over 10% expertice that I use in PvP.

But I wouldn't expect anything less from this QQ....

Strifegambit
02.27.2012 , 10:11 PM | #448
God some people are such bads all they do is come in here & QQ about other classes instead of learning to play their own class better & understand game mechanics
What we do in life... Echoes in Eternity

FobManX
02.27.2012 , 11:08 PM | #449
I love destroying baddie Mercs/Commandos who just spam TM/GR. There are soooo many on my server, especially on Republic side. Makes those Rep vs. Rep Huttballs a lot of fun.

VincentWolf
02.28.2012 , 02:14 AM | #450
Pretty much this. But ppl just can't understand that. If BW designers actually knew what they're doing, they'd make our gv uninterruptible so we could stand some chance in 1vs1. Yes it needs a buff, NOT a nerf. If they nerf something about gunnery, they can just go and remake whole tree.