Maintenance: April 18th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no, it's 97% up time for the server. Not YOUR individual access to the server. I work 50 hours a week and deploy for 6 months every other year. And I'll have you know, I take my Mt. Dew, Cheetohs & Rip-Its with me to the desert!

You're still a stank *** bum. Shut up and go play cave troll.

The phrasing of the last 2 statements were obviously directed at the community, due to them being plural...

Also, I do work in IT for the DOD. I have a CCNP: R&S, Security+, Network+, SQL, and a BS in Computer Science. (Though my individual coding outside of Cisco OS & VBS is lacking).The quality control argument does not hold if the update effectively pushed to the other servers. It is not an issue with the update itself.

Then you shouldn't have used my quote to make your point.

I also have CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, CISCO certifications, and a BS in Computer Science.

I stand by my statement on QC, too. They should have tested everything, including server stability, before pushing it live.

Because that isn't how servers work. There are a large amount of independent variables for each server. I imagine, they probably do run this pushes on test networks and if they had, they would have worked. Like they did for the other servers. The game engine server is separate from the individual realm servers, so the update isn't the direct cause of the issue.

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT QUALITY CONTROL IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTANDING HOW NETWORKING & PROGRAMMING WORK.

None of you deserve to be "compensated" because a server is taking longer to come up during a scheduled maintenance. The provided an ETA for your benefit, which held true for other servers. Sometimes, servers have issues, they're working on it. In your license agreement, you accept all of these things.

Now quit being children and just wait. I'm sorry you can't play THIS game, THIS very second, THE DAY the content dropped. Get over it.

You must be an EA intern.

Your company receives payment for services provided. If I can't pay for that service I don't receive it. Surely while you're happily collecting our money we should be able to receive that service.

Edited by RooRider
incorrect spelling

You must be an EA intern.

Your company receives payment for services provided. If I can't pay for that service I don't receive it. Surely while you're happily collecting our money we should be able to receive that service.

Is ignorance bliss? You seem to have the appropriate credentials for me to ask. "I'm the customer! Give me my *********** whopper for free since I told you no tomatoes. THIS HAS TOMATOES!" *hurls offending whopper at cashier*

#ExcellenceInIgnorance

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

To the defense of Bioware -

The average EA executive salary is $8 million/year.

I assume the salary for a single entry level coder for Bioware is <= $100K, and that might be all it would have taken to avoid today's 2nd fail for this expansion.

For those who defend this down time by equivocating sub price/hour of down time, consider a self employed consultant or contractor who has rescheduled this day at 100-200/hr to be able to play this expansion.. ~ twice ~ in the last week to afford an added 100K divided among execs who already avg 8 mil.

Edited by Markark

>You must be an EA intern.

Way to be a man-baby. Maybe you should take a break from games and learn to adult.

some can help me? When I start the game this message pops up "your game version does not match server´s" and after this the game closes.

This issue seems to pop up occasionally.

You might want to check out this page, hope it is somewhat helpful:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/quot-Your-current-game-version-does-not-match-server-s-quot/td-p/4953032

You need to start paying better attention. We're angry because we're on Harbinger...we're fighting for EQUALITY! Harbinger's server isn't online at the EXACT moment the others are, which is clearly intentional...we're being treated like animals in a third world country. We were targeted by Bioware's...um...by their...uh...dammit...now I've lost track...:(

You heard him, he wants equality. That means we have to move 99% of the population off of Harbinger and he can have trouble getting anything to pop, no groups for him, just like the other servers. Its only fair. Btw, I bet if we did that, your server would be up just as fast as the other ones.

Eric,

please speak with the devs. There must have been changes on some classes regarding the Utilities Points in the combat proficiences. After logging in on my merc, alle Points were resetted and i had to relearn the reflect ability from the Trainer.

I guess that there have been any changes that have not found into the patch notes. :rolleyes:

Edited by Oeconomicus