Dantooine H2 solo

Mongorr

I never had any issues with soloing H2 (and occasionally a H4) with my Vigilance Guardian. But everytime I try this, at some point my Darth Hexid gets one-shotted by the walker. Any tips on how to avoid that? I try to interrupt "shock and awe", but I guess I'm too slow? Maybe I should use a ranged companion as healer? (Of course I use the rockets to disable the shield).

I never had any issues with soloing H2 (and occasionally a H4) with my Vigilance Guardian. But everytime I try this, at some point my Darth Hexid gets one-shotted by the walker. Any tips on how to avoid that? I try to interrupt "shock and awe", but I guess I'm too slow? Maybe I should use a ranged companion as healer? (Of course I use the rockets to disable the shield).

This is something I noticed too. On the PTS, companion management was a lot easier, however my level 50 companions are now being one-shot by the walker. Fortunately my sith inq has heal spells so my companion being killed off did not prevent me completing the H2, however it took far too long (and its an annoying heroic anyway - the mechanic is painful & this feedback was given on the PTS forums by many - they like us to be in pain)!

I don´t think you can prevent the companion from dieing. The void comes too fast and if your ranged companion gets aggro, good luck :)

You can defeat the boss alone, it just takes more time.

Go out of the void, shoot the rocket, try to interrupt his shield and use heroic moment.

(It´s easier with another player - one makes damage, the other shoots and interrupts :)

Gunnery Commando with almost complete 252 with 236 and 240 augments everywhere over here. R50 Lana got squished rapidly, and ran in circles collecting missiles and shooting it any way that was off-cooldown and compatible with shoot-while-move. Took a while, but I took it down.

Most fun I've had in a SWTOR PvE fight in a long, long time, right up there with:

* Saving the wipe solo against the last 5% or so, maybe a little more, health each of the hovertanks in Explosive Conflict, with my (dead) guildies cheering me on via Discord.(1)

* Realising that the Voss Exarch was dead in late 2015 when I leaped into the Voss DSF mission without actually knowing what I was doing.

(1) We failed the DPS check, the tanks enraged, and my guildies were all squished in under ten seconds. My character (the same commando, but in weaker gear) just dug her heels in and refused to die.

Hey there

First time I did it my companion also bit the dust right away. Still managed to kill it with off heals and kolto stations. Didn't try it on my Jugg, but they have pretty neat defensives, so I would bet it's possible.

What you can do though, guard your companion and make sure the walker is on you. Then you just have to keep some distance between you and your companion so that he/she doesn't get cought in the AoE. Which is obvisouly easier with a ranged comp. But the AoE isn't as large, so even if you have a melee one, just make sure you're on the other side of the walker at max melee distance.

Have fun.

Peter

Wow ... reading this makes me realize just how much work I still have ahead of me. Most of my companions.. like 95% are lowby values. At aprox 1.2 mil per companion per 20 levels ... WOW do the math !

Oh well ... back to the grind !

LOL !

Please note: Yes I knew that it was important to increase the value of the companions ... but not quite that much.

It should also be noted that this is probably why so many feel the game is so easy. I really don't have ANY companions above level 25 (maybe 30 ?) and we still do just fine. My gear is not above 240 ( maybe one character with 246 ish ) and we still do just fine. Not great understand. I can't just jump in blindly and take on the entire group in a single pull... but posts like this are in fact more informative than you think.

Back to it ! Still have a lot of catch up learning to do !

The only thing I really need now is to get a really good guide on how to fast track some catch up stuff on crafting! (Mostly for Mods ... and maybe armor .. or perhaps weapons).

Actually the return has been fun. A lot of stuff to do to "really play the game".

I must admit it, seeing people complain about the H2 Walker on Dantooine makes me wonder if my game is bugged. So far I soloed this mission twice (on rep side if that matters) whitout any issues. The only thing the walker does (in my game) is shield himself and fire a ground aoe that does not move so I can easily move out of it. He does not seem to attack me in ANY other way.

If that is indeed the intended behaviour however then beginn the fight with a rocket to his face and attack him. Interrupt his shield-channel as long as you can. Then just keep moving arround until he does his shield-channel again(he does the shield-channel while shielded too and has his abbility thus on cooldown afterwards which will grant you more uptime). After he has finishe his channel fire a rocket at him and attack him. interrupt his next shield channel and move out of the ground AOE when necessary. Rinse and repeat. If you have trouble keeping your melee companion alive (although I don't think you even need one if you move out of AOE fast enough) switch to a ranged one (and don't stack up with him if you are ranged yourself)

I did it on a Sentinel so I had no attacks that needed to be cast or channeled but even with channels/casts it should only take longer and be more annoying but not more difficult. For me the hardest parts of all the Dantoine Heroics are the trash mobs and only because the may swarm your healer if you don't pay attention.

Edited by Drake_Averrod

Solo’d all 3 Dantooine Heroics tonight on multiple classes. Some are definitely better than others. ie, my Sorc was the easiest, then my Jugg and Merc. Mara’s are painful :eek:

I would say the 2 man is actually harder than the 4 man because the boss can one shot you. If you lose your comp healer to one of those, it’s extremely difficult to come back from that.

What I did find with the 2 man is if you can keep the agro and keep your comp off to the side out of the way, you can just use 3 of the missile boxes to crisscross back and forward to get the missile,

As soon as you use the missile, pick up another straight away so you know when it’s off CD.

I lost my healer against Hugo about half way through one of the fights. There’s not much room in area and it was hard to keep her out of the way. I prevailed and got through without dying, but it was a massive slog to grind down his health and stay alive at the same time. (Thank God for Sorc self heal).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Use a ranged companion. Don't pull the walker on top of them. Basically it's the red circle thing that is killing them. Melee companions will be staying closer to them so you can either try to pull them away by selecting follow, wich won't prevent them taking heavy damage and maybe dying, or just use a ranged companion and you will be fine.

Btw you are better off interrupting when he is reaplying the Aegis. That will give you more DPS time and the missiles have a CD that comes off just as he is done casting it the second time. The timing fits perfectly.

Wow ... reading this makes me realize just how much work I still have ahead of me. Most of my companions.. like 95% are lowby values. At aprox 1.2 mil per companion per 20 levels ... WOW do the math !

Oh well ... back to the grind !

LOL !

Please note: Yes I knew that it was important to increase the value of the companions ... but not quite that much.

It should also be noted that this is probably why so many feel the game is so easy. I really don't have ANY companions above level 25 (maybe 30 ?) and we still do just fine. My gear is not above 240 ( maybe one character with 246 ish ) and we still do just fine. Not great understand. I can't just jump in blindly and take on the entire group in a single pull... but posts like this are in fact more informative than you think.

Back to it ! Still have a lot of catch up learning to do !

The only thing I really need now is to get a really good guide on how to fast track some catch up stuff on crafting! (Mostly for Mods ... and maybe armor .. or perhaps weapons).

Actually the return has been fun. A lot of stuff to do to "really play the game".

You don't need a max level companion to do it. I did The heroic 4 with a lvl6 comp. It's about using your abilities right. Gear helps as it reduces how long the fights will last.

Don't forget Unity and heroic moment, and carry some med pacs with you. Also, make use of the healing packs that exist on these heroics. They are vital for beating the Heroic 4 boss.

Naturally you need to use your defensives and interrupts wisely.

I would like to complain that i can't reflect the skills of the heroic 4 boss. Pretty annoying! Feels like a bug.

Edited by Nemmar

Thanks for all the tips. I don't mind having a fight I initially struggle with - I like a little challenge.

I guess I really didn't pay enough attention to the massive AoE.

I will try it again tonight paying attention to the details mentioned and try to follow your collective advice.

The 2 H2s - Hugo and Shiny Toy are solo-able - but you probably have to micromanage your companion a bit -especially with the walker. If they stand in the red target circles they are likely to get themselves killed.

You may have to keybind their aggressive/passive settings on and off several times during the fight to move them.

With Hugo, it's probably easiest when they are set to heal while you tank or dps the critter. - However, they can do so much heal that it grabs aggro from you. - In they case a lower rank companion might help, if you don't have your own taunts. - Again you have to run around a bit, so uptime and keeping aggro as a dps isn't optimal

As a healer, it's all about keeping your companion alive as well as yourself, keeping the rockets spammed into the droid's shield and doing as much DPS as you can spare.

They are do-able, but it can stretch you a bit more than plain old tough mobs or other champ bosses - which can usually be brute-forced with 2dps hammering away at them.

GL.

So, that was fun and quite doable. As suggested, I used Blizz, who stayed stationary, so I could run to him for heals but keep the walkers AoE from him. Just avoided Shock and awe and used cannon, did some damage, interrupted the next shield, did some more damage etc.

Solo’d all 3 Dantooine Heroics tonight on multiple classes. Some are definitely better than others. ie, my Sorc was the easiest, then my Jugg and Merc. Mara’s are painful :eek:

I would say the 2 man is actually harder than the 4 man because the boss can one shot you. If you lose your comp healer to one of those, it’s extremely difficult to come back from that.

What I did find with the 2 man is if you can keep the agro and keep your comp off to the side out of the way, you can just use 3 of the missile boxes to crisscross back and forward to get the missile,

As soon as you use the missile, pick up another straight away so you know when it’s off CD.

I lost my healer against Hugo about half way through one of the fights. There’s not much room in area and it was hard to keep her out of the way. I prevailed and got through without dying, but it was a massive slog to grind down his health and stay alive at the same time. (Thank God for Sorc self heal).

I'm guessing that you used Z00M for companion (maxed at 50 points) and your gear rating is at least 250+ ... and I'm also guessing a few augments in there as well ! Am I right ?

Use a ranged companion. Don't pull the walker on top of them. Basically it's the red circle thing that is killing them. Melee companions will be staying closer to them so you can either try to pull them away by selecting follow, wich won't prevent them taking heavy damage and maybe dying, or just use a ranged companion and you will be fine.

Btw you are better off interrupting when he is reaplying the Aegis. That will give you more DPS time and the missiles have a CD that comes off just as he is done casting it the second time. The timing fits perfectly.

You don't need a max level companion to do it. I did The heroic 4 with a lvl6 comp. It's about using your abilities right. Gear helps as it reduces how long the fights will last.

Don't forget Unity and heroic moment, and carry some med pacs with you. Also, make use of the healing packs that exist on these heroics. They are vital for beating the Heroic 4 boss.

Naturally you need to use your defensives and interrupts wisely.

I would like to complain that i can't reflect the skills of the heroic 4 boss. Pretty annoying! Feels like a bug.

Please believe me when I tell you.. I really do get all of that. Sometimes I just don't last long enough to do that. I also go out of my to be careful how I pull groups. A time or two my companion got into the thick of things ! OOPS ! And had to bail her out... by then she died and even though I did manage to last a minute or two ... I just didn't make it.

It's no biggie. I had lobie gear on ( 238 I think ).. Sooo It's cool. I just need to work at it a bit harder and try again with some better gear .. (and a few good augments thrown in for good measure ) ..

It can happen. Just takes patience.

Edited by OlBuzzard

As it stands this is definately not a regular H2 as your companion is likely to get one shot from walker. I can see how people could have fun trying though so if it was up to me I'd just have it relabled h4 and leave it as is.

I think the key is patience and focus on placing the red circles away from your stationary healer comp and run out of them. If you see the circle while picking up emp, abort, get another. Just always focus on him placing the circle where it doesnt do harm. My Blizz was influence rank 10 btw.

- Use a ranged companion.

- Maintain boss aggro.

- Avoid it's one AOE attack, it only has one attack.

- Grab a Missile, the highlighted box.

- Fire and break the shield, you may have to fire more than one missile.

- Attack the Boss

- Rinse and Repeat

I did that one H2, and then realized that I don't really want to do anything else on Dantooine.

My Gear: 249

Companion used: Shae lv 23

Edited by ZeroTypeR

I'm guessing that you used Z00M for companion (maxed at 50 points) and your gear rating is at least 250+ ... and I'm also guessing a few augments in there as well ! Am I right ?

I used Shae and she’s only lvl 30-36. I haven’t got Z00M on those Alts cause they are my pvp ones

Max gear was 248 total gear rating. But everything was equiped with 228 Augments and a couple of 236 ones.

I also took some purple med packs, the one’s for you and comp and a versatile stim was equipped. I used some seismic grenades in the 4 man to slow down some mobs when I needed to CC in the tunnels

Edited by TrixxieTriss

As it stands this is definately not a regular H2 as your companion is likely to get one shot from walker. I can see how people could have fun trying though so if it was up to me I'd just have it relabled h4 and leave it as is.

Use your comps passive ability to move them around, but you need to time it right if you can’t get them to stay where you want.

Also, use a ranged comp because a melee healer like Hexid for example, will jump into the targets path and get hit.

If you have a taunt ability or pull, you can taunt the walker or pull your comp out of the way.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I did the 2 man first time, died twice, got the mechanics down.. decided this long winded fight wasn’t in my long term plans to grind. Yes, using your interrupt will help speed this fight up so the rocket isn’t on cool down.

I would have to do some combination of these 3 heroics 5 times in two days for what amounts to an increase in rep gain. For me, these heroics have a poor time to gain ratio. Never mind first I have to clear several large packs, kill 3 elites, just to get to this ops boss style fight in a heroic.

One main, and 7 alts, makes time a consideration. The tokens bind, but the rep gain is legacy... getting to legend, without ever doing these heroics is just a secondary process.

Conclusion... it’s fun to do these Dantooine heroics once. Dantooine real value comes from its rapid planetary conquest from simple quests and rampage.