Maul

Acheilus

i loved Darth Maul in episode 1.

he was my inspiration to create a Zabrak, pole-saber wielding toon (Sith Assassin)

do i think he should be coming back? idk..

i dont really understand why? or how? he was cut in half and fell down a pit...i guess i missed something somewhere between episode 1 and now as to how he survived??...

that being said...ill admit i LITERALLY just started watching the clone wars series last night for the first time..so im only on like episode 4 of season 1 so perhaps thats why im lost? lol..

i do however agree Maul was by far my favorite bad guy from the MOVIE series, and his time was far too short..

he was my inspiration to create a Zabrak, pole-saber wielding toon (Sith Assassin)

i dont really understand why? or how? he was cut in half and fell down a pit...i guess i missed something somewhere between episode 1 and now as to how he survived??...

that being said...ill admit i LITERALLY just started watching the clone wars series last night for the first time..so im only on like episode 4 of season 1 so perhaps thats why im lost? lol..

i do however agree Maul was by far my favorite bad guy from the MOVIE series, and his time was far too short..

I suggest you leave this thread, for there may be major spoilers, you'll see the return of Maul in sEASON 4. We first started to seeing him in Season 3.

I'm not sure why so many like him. I think his character is kinda pointless other than killing Qui-gon and getting defeated by a Padawan learner.

I think people like Maul for the same reason they might "fall in love" with a dancer that they've only seen on American Bandstand. They can project every sort of attribute and ideal onto them without risk of being wrong, with none of that pesky "reality" to disappoint them.

For instance, I knew who Darth Maul was the first time I saw her. Yes, her. For I knew her to be a crossdressing woman, a former circus acrobat, who was unknowingly yearning to see her first snarky forum post. Yes, she had a cruel side, but once she met a man like me? All that seeming evil would melt away.

Any departure from that ideal in EU media is wrong, and going against George's canon, as far as I interpret things.

Edited by Rhudian

I don't know that I would say he was the best villain from the movie series, that would definitely be Vader, but I realize you said he was your favorite, and thats cool. I don't know how anyone could like Maul more than Vader though, other than the fact that Maul's story is so up in the air, while everything about Vader is known. Maul is just much more mysterious, and I can't wait to see Episode 1 in 3D!

because the CGI animated clone wars aint canon acording to Lucas, no, i dont look forward to it, and even if it were canon, he will return 2 more times in the future, just like team rocket,

first time durning the clone wars

second time as a assasin droid on tattoine,

third time as a clone

because the CGI animated clone wars aint canon acording to Lucas, no, i dont look forward to it, and even if it were canon, he will return 2 more times in the future, just like team rocket,

first time durning the clone wars

second time as a assasin droid on tattoine,

third time as a clone

Source please, TCW has been given a Canon level below the movies, but above all other EU. Lucas himself has had lots of involvement in aspects of TCW, so to say that he doesn't believe it to be canon is false.

IMO, Maul is the Boba Fett of the prequels. He's a character that was given almost no backstory and very little screen time, but he looks cool, acts mysterious, and sparked the imagination of the fans.

I personally think that's pretty cool.

Star Wars fans just cannot accept character death of bad guys.

Remember Boba Fett? He died in ROTJ, but fans refused to let him die. After all, he only fell in a hole. THAT IS NOT DEAD ENOUGH!

So they had Maul cut in freaking half, with both halves clearly shown falling.

Evidently that still is not dead enough. Not sure how much more you need.

Remember Boba Fett? He died in ROTJ, but fans refused to let him die. After all, he only fell in a hole. THAT IS NOT DEAD ENOUGH!

It's not fan's that refused to let him die, it's the EU books, written with permission from George Lucas which established him as still being alive. I would have accepted his death in RotJ, but the EU says no, and that's what I follow.

I'm surprised they haven't revived Jango "oh pfft getting his head cut clean off doesn't mean hes dead."

I'm not sure why so many like him. I think his character is kinda pointless other than killing Qui-gon and getting defeated by a Padawan learner.

*smack* Noob! You know nothing of the expanded universe!

My time is short as of now, but I will most likely come back tomorrow and make a lengthy reply, but for now: In short, DM is the best sith, ever. Period, end of story ;)

I'm not really a fan of the cartoons, but I read shadow hunter and saw Phantom Menace. Darth Maul is in my top 5 SW characters, and so are the Fetts. I don't think SW fans can ever agree on anything, but the coolest star wars characters are the Fetts or Darth Maul. General Grievous is a fold.

I'm not gonna pretend Darth Maul was some super-amazing villain, but I really would've like to have seen him (as well as Qui-gon) make it to the second movie, and given more personality. Count Dooku (worst name ever, btw) just didn't cut it, whereas Darth Maul at least had a lot of presence.

Give him some interesting, spiteful or sarcastic dialogue (similar to this game's Sith Inquisitor), and more screen-time. Make him someone we actually *want* to see defeated, rather than the glorious warrior who introduced us to the amazing Lightsaber-duels!

I'm not gonna pretend Darth Maul was some super-amazing villain, but I really would've like to have seen him (as well as Qui-gon) make it to the second movie, and given more personality. Count Dooku (worst name ever, btw) just didn't cut it, whereas Darth Maul at least had a lot of presence.

Give him some interesting, spiteful or sarcastic dialogue (similar to this game's Sith Inquisitor), and more screen-time. Make him someone we actually *want* to see defeated, rather than the glorious warrior who introduced us to the amazing Lightsaber-duels!

I'd actually have to agree, however that's when I went to novels and Graphic Novels to see more of him :p

Its meh...don't know why they brought him back like Brandon said I mean we all know hes gonna die again so...why bring him back at all?

That's like saying why watch the prequels, we all known Anakin will become Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan will survive.