Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Official F2P Announcement

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dosadnik's Avatar


dosadnik
08.01.2012 , 03:09 AM | #691
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiberians View Post
wow so hmmm SWG was shut down cause BW wanted to have the only Star Wars MMO on the market....then they go and make this Game (Tor) Free to play.

Serioulsy....go figure.
Mmm no. SWG was shutdown cause Lucasarts didn't want two Star Wars MMO's to deal with.
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

Leggomy's Avatar


Leggomy
08.01.2012 , 03:39 AM | #692
Quote: Originally Posted by dosadnik View Post
Mmm no. SWG was shutdown cause Lucasarts didn't want two Star Wars MMO's to deal with.
No it wasnt. Lucasarts had nothing to do with the decision. SOE thought (and wrongly it appears) that people would leave SWG en masse for SWTOR. Leaving them with not enough subscribers to afford to pay the licensing fees to Lucasarts. So they decided to pull the plug.

Darth_Malish's Avatar


Darth_Malish
08.01.2012 , 03:42 AM | #693
Hybrid model is a lie. This game will be F2P. The recent credit sinks like Legacy perks, mod extraction costs and augments already showed what awaits us all. Mark my words: EA will abuse the game with different fluff and Cortel credit sinks to force every player to buy cortels. Even subscribers will find out that the monthly sop is not enough to cover all in-game expenses. And that will be The End. Sad.

LordRoth's Avatar


LordRoth
08.01.2012 , 04:15 AM | #694
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
No it wasnt. Lucasarts had nothing to do with the decision. SOE thought (and wrongly it appears) that people would leave SWG en masse for SWTOR. Leaving them with not enough subscribers to afford to pay the licensing fees to Lucasarts. So they decided to pull the plug.
Uhh. No. LucasArts did not renew their license because of TOR coming out. SOE wanted to keep it going.
Squadron 238

Naga Sadow

Library - Terrible Sorcerer

Leggomy's Avatar


Leggomy
08.01.2012 , 04:30 AM | #695
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRoth View Post
Uhh. No. LucasArts did not renew their license because of TOR coming out. SOE wanted to keep it going.
You have no idea what you are talking about. SOE shut down SWG not Lucasarts. Why would Lucasarts care if two people are giving them money instead of one? Use google it makes things clear.

In fact I did the work for you. Here is a story about how Lucasarts does not see why SWTOR and SWG cannot exist side by side. They said at the time it was mutual but we all know lucasarts wanted that SOE money. Now even more so with SWTOR not living up to expectations.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/st...rt-to-continue

LordRoth's Avatar


LordRoth
08.01.2012 , 04:39 AM | #696
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. SOE shut down SWG not Lucasarts. Why would Lucasarts care if two people are giving them money instead of one? Use google it makes things clear.

In fact I did the work for you. Here is a story about how Lucasarts does not see why SWTOR and SWG cannot exist side by side. They said at the time it was mutual but we all know lucasarts wanted that SOE money. Now even more so with SWTOR not living up to expectations.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/st...rt-to-continue
SOE physically shut the servers down, you have that correct. LucasArts did not renew their license so that the SWG players would go to TOR. SOE has said this, and LA has said this. That article is four years old.
Squadron 238

Naga Sadow

Library - Terrible Sorcerer

Leggomy's Avatar


Leggomy
08.01.2012 , 04:42 AM | #697
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRoth View Post
SOE physically shut the servers down, you have that correct. LucasArts did not renew their license so that the SWG players would go to TOR. SOE has said this, and LA has said this. That article is four years old.
No again you are wrong lol. They said in that article they were going to keep supporting SWG. Lucas in NO WAY WHATSOEVER cancelled the license. If SOE wanted to keep SWG going they would have been able to to do so. They chose to not renew. You can keep saying the same lies over and over it doesnt make them true. Show me one article where SOE is told by LA to shut down the servers they are not renewing.

KennethHoover's Avatar


KennethHoover
08.01.2012 , 04:45 AM | #698
I've thought about this overnight. I do have other games to play and I need to write a lot more anyway, haha. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in the turn the game has now taken.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

LordRoth's Avatar


LordRoth
08.01.2012 , 04:49 AM | #699
I think I'm being trolled.
Squadron 238

Naga Sadow

Library - Terrible Sorcerer

Pathlight-'s Avatar


Pathlight-
08.01.2012 , 05:00 AM | #700
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
No again you are wrong lol. They said in that article they were going to keep supporting SWG. Lucas in NO WAY WHATSOEVER cancelled the license. If SOE wanted to keep SWG going they would have been able to to do so. They chose to not renew. You can keep saying the same lies over and over it doesnt make them true. Show me one article where SOE is told by LA to shut down the servers they are not renewing.

LA cancelled SOE's license you moron. Stop talking of what you don't understand.