Hello from Boston MA.

wmtyrance

I just wanted to say hello again. Been gone for a long time. Have a level 42 Jedi Sage. Anyone here from Beantown? Also just so i'm correct..if i create a level 60 character do i still have the class story i can go back and play?

Welcome back. Insta-60s are locked out of all class story, companion conversations/missions, Forged Alliances/Prelude to Revan, Shadow of Revan, and Ziost story. You will still have access to weeklies and dailies from SoR and Ziost, and you will be able to play Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Oricon.

I just wanted to say hello again. Been gone for a long time. Have a level 42 Jedi Sage. Anyone here from Beantown? Also just so i'm correct..if i create a level 60 character do i still have the class story i can go back and play?

Hey there fellow MA guy, also in that area.

So quick thing since you were gone:

1: Leveling is a lot faster, remember how long it took just to get level 42? You may say 6 days of grinding bonus missions etc. Well not anymore takes about 3 hours to hit level 42 now. So you might as well just start new level 1's because its wicked easy to level up.

2: The light vs. Dark event is going on right now which can get you some nice freebies that are cartel items, and an XP boost gear, which all 7 pieces give you a 50% exp boost, making leveling even easier. So if you are making new characters might as well get some of the free stuff and experience the stories. (I have my guide in my signature)

3: Gearing, its easy at the lower levels from 1-60, have orange modable gear, which you can buy cheap off of the adaptive gear vendor which also sells old armor sets redone legacy bound. Also each mod is 2 common data crystals, so a full set of orange gear, weapon and offhand costs 50 for a full upgrade. These vendors are in the supplies sections. Just go your versitile, lethal mods, and adapt enhancements as a basic, you can worry about accuracy in the later game. Which you want to hit 110%.

4: Try out anything new you haven't done before.

5: For the way to go; Class story -> Ilum -> Makeb -> Oricon (dont hurt yourself on the OPS just do everything up till then and untrack the mission) -> Shadow of Revan -> Ziost -> KotFE.

Shadow of Revan has a unique story for each class so you won't want to skip it, Makeb its the same story but different for imp and pub side so you can get away with skipping them but you can do makeb after KotFE. Ziost is a quick 30 mins gives you easy credits and prelude into KotFE. Oricon also take 30 mins so might as well do it.

6: If you are going to do the other 7 classes, each class mirrors its cross faction counterpart. Sage is to Sorc, Assasin to Shadow, Merc to Commando, Vanguard to Powertech, Gunslinger to Sniper, Scoundrel to Operative, Sith Jugg to Jedi Guardian, Sith Mara to Jedi Sent. So my recommendation is do the opposite one for what you already have for your advance class. Like make a sith assasin where you have a jedi sage. This introduces you to all of the classes combat rotations. It helps because in PvP you know that advanced class's weaknesses and you know how to exploit them. Also it helps because it introduces you to all of the Advanced classes so you can find out what your favorite one is.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I do think i want to start another character from level one. I always wanted to make a Bounty Hunter. I heard they can be the most flexible class when it comes to the dark vs light side. Is this true?

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I do think i want to start another character from level one. I always wanted to make a Bounty Hunter. I heard they can be the most flexible class when it comes to the dark vs light side. Is this true?

Yup, it has a good story, Merc is a ranged class with Arsenal being a better spec, and Powertech is up close and personal with inovative ordinance one of the better specs. So up to playstyle choose which one you want, but if u make a trooper have it be the opposite of what you did for your BH.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
is there a popular server for Boston/NE people?

any planned meetings at PAX East?

There have been a few "Community Cantina" events in the Boston area in the past, but I haven't seen any announcements for this year, for anywhere (yet). Just have to watch the "news" blurbs on the site here, and in your launcher.