Sorcerer for PvP & PvE

Talon_Starfire

bad.

if you are doing DPS, you need to go 28 points madness (full creeping death), if not all 31.

I've heard some people do madness hybrid with 17 points in lightning for backlash like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zf0dMdMbZcMcRsrkd.2

but it's a DPS tradeoff for sure.

Generally speaking, the sorcerers who do bubble hybrid are heal/hybrids, because they can get away with using only 21-24 points in the corruption tree and all they really lose is the AOE heal which alone isn't going to save anyone's life. It's just an output score padder.

Edited by islander

bad.

if you are doing DPS, you need to go 28 points madness (full creeping death), if not all 31.

I've heard some people do madness hybrid with 17 points in lightning for backlash like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zf0dMdMbZcMcRsrkd.2

but it's a DPS tradeoff for sure.

Generally speaking, the sorcerers who do bubble hybrid are heal/hybrids, because they can get away with using only 21-24 points in the corruption tree and all they really lose is the AOE heal which alone isn't going to save anyone's life. It's just an output score padder.

As he said- you can get away with 21 point in corruption for innervate, the higher stuff isn't that useful and you won't be using consumption so don't look at buffs for it. The aoe heal is awesome for novare- people often are clumped up there- but outside of there it's hard to get more than 1 or 2 people to stand in it long, and it's useless in huttball altogether.

17 points in Lightning is almost a must in pvp- backlash, electric bindings, and lightning strike offers far better force regen than consumption does.

I run 21/20- I get instant chain lightning, good force management, backlash, bindings, innervate- it's not a bad heal/utility spec.

But- if you don't want to switch specs for pve- it's not great- lightning hybrid has no point there since you go that way mostly for the CC. In that case- go 31 for the aoe heal (note- full healing isn't too terrible in pvp either, just not survivable and you die alot), or go a madness build for damage- even though madness isn't as good for survivability, it's not terrible and if you just want one spec- madness will be the tree that gives you the ability to do both well (for a sorc anyway).

Pure madness specs can put out a lot of steady pressure (just not burst). You've got literally 4 dots (don't forget force slow) you can throw on them.

You're basically a dotting machine, while keeping them at bay with 50% slowing force lightning and getting in your death fields as much as possible.

One of these days I'll actually give 31 point madness another go, but I actually rolled my sorcerer on day 1 (or -3, if you will) for the specific purpose of healing, so I've kinda stuck with that all along. I just eventually gave up 31 point heals for 21-ish.

Honestly, the most fun I've had with sorc in warzones is the heal/madness hybrid I came up with. Note I said fun, and not specifically ranked recommended (which is unfortunate):

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhMRMdMzZbZcMcRsMz.2

limited CC, but you can actually switch back and forth from healing to DPS as required by the second to help burn down those last couple ememies and get that node/plant that bomb/etc.

Edited by islander

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GRrRMdMzZZcMcRsMz.2

That's what I use. If you're looking for a great all around spec look no further. People say oh bubble stun is a must, but it's really not. Especially when BioWare has already said they are looking to change that, so best get used to not having it now versus later.

That's my spec I just posted, except you put two points in the wrong place.

As far as the bubble stun, who cares. It'll be 1.8 before they fix it, and they also already said they'd give us other things to compensate, so I'm not sweating it.

I honestly like the madness/innervate better anyway. but rateds don't want it, so until the day they do...

Edited by islander

As he said- you can get away with 21 point in corruption for innervate, the higher stuff isn't that useful and you won't be using consumption so don't look at buffs for it. The aoe heal is awesome for novare- people often are clumped up there- but outside of there it's hard to get more than 1 or 2 people to stand in it long, and it's useless in huttball altogether.

17 points in Lightning is almost a must in pvp- backlash, electric bindings, and lightning strike offers far better force regen than consumption does.

I run 21/20- I get instant chain lightning, good force management, backlash, bindings, innervate- it's not a bad heal/utility spec.

But- if you don't want to switch specs for pve- it's not great- lightning hybrid has no point there since you go that way mostly for the CC. In that case- go 31 for the aoe heal (note- full healing isn't too terrible in pvp either, just not survivable and you die alot), or go a madness build for damage- even though madness isn't as good for survivability, it's not terrible and if you just want one spec- madness will be the tree that gives you the ability to do both well (for a sorc anyway).

Will you post your 21/20 please?