Medicine Operative/Sawbones Scoundrel Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

2-pieces: same

4-pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds. (old 6 pieces)

6-pieces: Each critical hit of Kolto Waves during its duration has a 30% chance to grant mini Kolto Probe on affected target healing the same amount as normal Kolto Probe per tick, but for half duration (9 seconds). Stacks with normal Kolto Probes (and doesn't refresh duration of existing Kolto Probe), cannot affect any target more than once.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-pieces: same

4-pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds. (old 6 pieces)

6-pieces: Each critical hit of Kolto Waves during its duration has a 30% chance to grant mini Kolto Probe on affected target healing the same amount as normal Kolto Probe per tick, but for half duration (9 seconds). Stacks with normal Kolto Probes (and doesn't refresh duration of existing Kolto Probe), cannot affect any target more than once.

The 6piece you're suggesting will make our hps even higher, which we really don't need, something that helps with burst dps would be much nicer. Maybe they could move the insta crit from the 2piece to stim boost, so we can actually control when we want the burst, at the cost of a longer cooldown. I also like the idea of making Kolto Probe leave a residue when it finishes which will give the person 2 stacks of Kolto Probes when you Kolto probe him, that would be really nice, since we would still be able to burst heal someone even if he lost his 2 stacks of kolto probes.

2-Piece: Same

4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds ( other 4-piece bonus is worthless because energy management is going to be better anyway with new patch).

6-Piece: 10% passive resist to interrupts for 5 seconds. Can only accrue once every 45 seconds.

Edited by tunnelhottie

It will be challenging to make exciting set bonuses that don't improve the character's job by more than 5%. Can the set bonuses assist with Survivability/Utility? Just as an example, could you have something that, say, lowers the timer on Scamper/Exfiltrate?

The 4p and 6p are both garbage. There is no incentive to use them over the old level 55 2p.

The 6piece we'll get in 3.3 is very good actually, rivalling the old 2piece in usefulness. The 4piece isn't great, but I say it's kinda getting undervalued here, at least it's better than the old 4piece.

My only real issue with the operative heal set bonus is that the 2piece adds some burst, but it's not controlable burst, I'd rather see stim boost grant a guaranteed auto-crit kolto injection. This way we can actually control when we want the auto-crit, rather than hope for it to proc at the right times.

Maybe the 6 piece set bonus should be something that feels like you're a master at your craft. I would suggest the 6 piece bonus be when applying Kolto Probe 2 stacks are applied instead of 1. I'm not sure if that would raise the HPS too much in your matrixes but you guys will ;). It would be something I would strive for if that were the bonus.

So looking at the general logic of healing set bonuses of the three classes, looks like:

2p - autocrit

4p - energy management

6p - cd reduce on a good ability

My opinion:

2p - Not a fan or autocrit, but that is personal, not a real problem. Maybe having the heal highlighted would help me like it more.

4p - Commando one is great, haven't tried the sage one with vindicate, scoundrel seems a bit weak. Either making Diag scan refund a bit more energy (not sure how, maybe like extra X energy if you finish the cast?), or reducing cost of kolto probe by more than 2 (like 4-5), or any other wild idea that is better at helping ressource management than the current one

6p - Thanks on the change that was (or more will be) made with 3.3, can't wait to get rid of my 186 armorings

On another note, do not bring back the 2.0 4 piece (5 more max energy), it was boring.

Also, maybe consider balancing set bonuses so general increase is a bit more than 5% (like... 7%?), and that is not only for heals, is for everything. Set bonuses feel rewarding now, but they could be a bit more, so everyone would know that sacrificing 6 gear rating (192 set bonus vs 198 comms gear) is the thing to do.

Maybe for the 4th piece a reduction in the ICD for Surgical Precision (regranting TA on Surgical Probe use) ? Now is currently 10s. Perhaps make it 6s with the bonus, though no clue how to calculate the hps increase with this, lol

I don't know, in operations at least, I barely find myself running out of TA stacks, don't think we really need this.

2-pc: Auto Crits on Op healers are kinda useless since we crit so often anyways, i'd change it to an Instant Kolto Infusion or Kolto Injection TBH.

4-pc: Meh? 2 energy is nothing in the grand scheme of everything... Maybe make Kolto Probe crits grant 1 Energy with the 4pc

6-pc: Not as great as the old 2pc, but better than the pre-3.3 6pc. this is really the only one I like.

2-pc: Auto Crits on Op healers are kinda useless since we crit so often anyways, i'd change it to an Instant Kolto Infusion or Kolto Injection TBH.

4-pc: Meh? 2 energy is nothing in the grand scheme of everything... Maybe make Kolto Probe crits grant 1 Energy with the 4pc

6-pc: Not as great as the old 2pc, but better than the pre-3.3 6pc. this is really the only one I like.

I like the autocrit, but I'd prefer for it to proc on stim boost, so we can control when we need some burst.

We do crit a lot but it's super RNG. I run 25% crit and I still feel like I should be criting on cast heals more.

Healers who think an instant auto crit on our big heal is useless, aren't playing the class to the fullest. The auto crit is the only factor that is keeping our burst healing from being ridiculously underpowered. It actually is a two piece set bonus that encourages smart play and awareness which is amazing. For example, in solo ranked/group ranked if someone needs a quick burst heal and you see that you have an auto crit proc, you can then fakecast/bait interrupts to get a Injection/Underworld Medicine auto crit on a target. How is ensuring that you auto crit someone for 8-11k at all useless?

Edited by kissingaiur

I'd prefer the 2piece to proc on stim boost and have stim boost grant interrupt immunity.

Can you expand on this a little? I like the idea, but Stim Boost has a 2 minute CD in Medicine.

Would you also say that the Stim Boost CD should be reduced?

I'd prefer the 2piece to proc on stim boost and have stim boost grant interrupt immunity.

This is a great idea and I have no clue why the developers didn't throw this bone in 3.3. I will say if they do update stim boost to include interrupt immunity for its uptime, it would be a weaker version of what sorcs already have. I personally at this point would say go for it. I'm really tired in solo ranked trying to heal triple burst and consistently getting interrupted ( while sorcs hit interrupt immunity cd and lol while running around in circles) with little I can do about it. With all the soft interrupts anyways it wouldn't be that big of a deal to update stim boost. It would solve a big issue with burst healing for sure and let us get some free casts off.

We do crit a lot but it's super RNG. I run 25% crit and I still feel like I should be criting on cast heals more.

Healers who think an instant auto crit on our big heal is useless, aren't playing the class to the fullest. The auto crit is the only factor that is keeping our burst healing from being ridiculously underpowered. It actually is a two piece set bonus that encourages smart play and awareness which is amazing. For example, in solo ranked/group ranked if someone needs a quick burst heal and you see that you have an auto crit proc, you can then fakecast/bait interrupts to get a Injection/Underworld Medicine auto crit on a target. How is ensuring that you auto crit someone for 8-11k at all useless?

Personally, I think the 2 piece is really nice. I actually do watch for that proc all the time, as I use it to heal someone who is 70% or lower on HP. Sure we crit 1 time out of 4, but it's more of a situational buff than anything else. A guaranteed crit when you need it most, especially great for tank healing.

But I do agree that the 4 piece is next to useless. I don't know what the devs were thinking when they made that. Of all the healing abilities to reduce the cost of, kolto pack is the worst...I mean, I do use it of course, but like someone else said, an energy reduction of 2 every 9 seconds isn't really worth it.

Another note on the new changes: I didn't initially think that being able to activate diagnostic scan while moving would be all that big a deal. But trust me when I tell you, it is! As mobile as most of these fights are, it gives you something to do when no one has lost much health, and it means I literally never fall below 80% mana.

Personally, I think the 2 piece is really nice. I actually do watch for that proc all the time, as I use it to heal someone who is 70% or lower on HP. Sure we crit 1 time out of 4, but it's more of a situational buff than anything else. A guaranteed crit when you need it most, especially great for tank healing.

But I do agree that the 4 piece is next to useless. I don't know what the devs were thinking when they made that. Of all the healing abilities to reduce the cost of, kolto pack is the worst...I mean, I do use it of course, but like someone else said, an energy reduction of 2 every 9 seconds isn't really worth it.

Another note on the new changes: I didn't initially think that being able to activate diagnostic scan while moving would be all that big a deal. But trust me when I tell you, it is! As mobile as most of these fights are, it gives you something to do when no one has lost much health, and it means I literally never fall below 80% mana.

As I told everyone before when Diagnostic Scan on the move comes up, I never have been in a situation where I was like, "Hey, I really could survive this if I had Diagnostic Scan on the move!". Lmao.

It's literally a troll to players who know how to play Operative. For newbies they might look at it as a buff when it's not. The DS healing was gimped to begin and a HPS decrease when using it, then they decide to make it on the move and decrease the HPS of it again. So now you can use a useless ability that that you only need to use 1% (if that) of the time on the move! YEAH.

These "buffs" to Operative really shows how the developers don't understand the mechanics of the games they are being paid to make.

Edited by kissingaiur

Can you expand on this a little? I like the idea, but Stim Boost has a 2 minute CD in Medicine.

Would you also say that the Stim Boost CD should be reduced?

Possibly., but hell, I would be willing to trade in a once in a minute proc for a once in 2 minutes proc, if I can control it. So many times the buff is just wasted, because you don't per se need the crit, but you do need kolto injection (for TA, or maybe the proc is about to fall off). And the interrupt immunity would be so great in PvP, especially now that we got a little extra punch to kolto injection, being able to get off some cast without being constantly interrupted would be a blessing.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

[*]2-Piece: Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Field Medic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Kolto Injection or Underworld Medicine to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.

4piece:...

+ interrupt immunity please on auto crit, or make pugnacity grant interrupt immunity

, redesign 4 piece: we lack of on the move healing other than spammin EM, sorcs can do their whole rotation,

make KP instant and cost 10 energy, also every time you get interrupted on UM you gain a stack of upper hand

UM is not only our ''big st heal'' but it also synergises with ALL of our healing, if i have to heal through heavy damage I won't have UH left to heal people eventually because UM is interrupted 100% of all time-.- Fakecasting helps but as our grp is still playing scoundrel healer over sorc people abuse that heavily to their own favor which makes me sick, i normally fakecast with kolto pack to milk the interrupt, but if people are grpd together on a teamspeak server, i can not do anything about it at all, i usually use KP first when i don' need it right away, then fakecast a UM and then try to get one out, that is ridiculous 5 seconds of doing stuff that neither of the other healers has to deal with! Of course you will succeed sometimes but the fact that i have to fake them twice is ridiculous if you consider sorcs and mercs are just immune if they need big heals

Edited by aristrokratie

Or maybe something completely different:

4 piece: If Emergency Medpack is used on a friendly target below 40% health it will automatically apply one stack of slow release medpack on them instead of refreshing the duration of 2 stacks of SrM and heals for 30% more (as we struggle healing someone up that has no hots applied); doing this will automatically regrant upper hand (as our casted heals are waaaaay too easy to shut down)

This would allow scoundrels to heal low health allies back up to full more easily (while not as strong as sorc autocrit gg full health) while leaving their overall healing pretty much untouched.

Edited by aristrokratie