Sith warrior?

Magradze

If you played the Sith Warrior storyline, as I'm sure you did, you can safely read what I wrote below...

It's just the Wrath informing a character that he or she has heard of the Emperor's Hand, concerning the Emperor's condition, as explained in the e-mails you mentioned. That's it.

It's also a bit of dialogue that's ONLY available to Sith Warriors, which would explain why so many, who haven't played the storyline, actually assume the Emperor is dead.

Yeah I have,and makes sense that its only in the warriors story of makeb because only a few people are supposed to know about the emperors voice and the emperor . Still it seems most players who played sith warrior still think the emperor is dead they obviously didnt pay attention.( otherwise op wouldn't have posted his initial post). Strange too sense warrior was my first toon and I seems to remember that distinctly still and people just finishing it now that already did jk story are like ***? I'm wrath to a dead emperor. I honestly think people don't read their letters instead take whatever's attached to it and deletes it. Or they just spam space bar through their whole storyline experience and them proceide not to read the mail then complain about it when if they just paid attention the first time they wouldn't be asking these questions.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have,and makes sense that its only in the warriors story of makeb because only a few people are supposed to know about the emperors voice and the emperor . Still it seems most players who played sith warrior still think the emperor is dead they obviously didnt pay attention.( otherwise op wouldn't have posted his initial post). Strange too sense warrior was my first toon and I seems to remember that distinctly still and people just finishing it now that already did jk story are like ***? I'm wrath to a dead emperor. I honestly think people don't read their letters instead take whatever's attached to it and deletes it. Or they just spam space bar through their whole storyline experience and them proceide not to read the mail then complain about it when if they just paid attention the first time they wouldn't be asking these questions.

And tell me, why do you think the hands aren't just blatantly lying to you for their own ends? You know, like every Sith does? You only have their word for it with nothing to back it up. In fact, nothing in the SW story shows without a doubt that they EVER received orders from the Emperor. We simply do not KNOW if he is dead or not and you can hardly take what some insane Sith tell you at face value.

My personal theory is that Malgus survived and the Emperor transferred his essence into his body and is in the process of settling in and healing the body. They've put too much effort and intent to build Malgus as the opposite to Satele to simply throw him in the trash bin.

The fact remains that we don't *know* for certain one way or another. The hands can be using the SW for their own ends and power plays or work for one of the other council members to use you. The reps would of course claim he is dead to break the morale of the Imperial troops, it's basic tactics because no one is around to refute their claim so of course they would make the announcement they did, they don't have to even believe it themselves.

Please people, think for a moment.

And tell me, why do you think the hands aren't just blatantly lying to you for their own ends? You know, like every Sith does? You only have their word for it with nothing to back it up. In fact, nothing in the SW story shows without a doubt that they EVER received orders from the Emperor. We simply do not KNOW if he is dead or not and you can hardly take what some insane Sith tell you at face value.

My personal theory is that Malgus survived and the Emperor transferred his essence into his body and is in the process of settling in and healing the body. They've put too much effort and intent to build Malgus as the opposite to Satele to simply throw him in the trash bin.

The fact remains that we don't *know* for certain one way or another. The hands can be using the SW for their own ends and power plays or work for one of the other council members to use you. The reps would of course claim he is dead to break the morale of the Imperial troops, it's basic tactics because no one is around to refute their claim so of course they would make the announcement they did, they don't have to even believe it themselves.

Please people, think for a moment.

I doubt bw would leave your story ending with false information. Especially by the emperors hand. Seems highly unlikely sense what power play would he be making? Most sith that make power plays are low in ranking and trying I get them selves known. Wouldn't make any sense for the hand to risk his place of power. Anyways I just decided to do makeb and finished the other night and if the hand was making a power play there was no evidence of it not even a mention of him lying. I really don't think bw would give you that information then never act on it and it means the hand was lying. Anyways the only way anyone would find out I I the continue the story on it . Stupid that bw didn't give more mention to it at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Not correct: As a reward for his apparent loyalty, the Emperor created a position higher than even a Dark Lord on the Council

Exactly! This was made canon by Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan novel. Wrath was a special position created by the Emperor decades before SWTOR and it was specificaly stated to be above DC.

When Lord Scourge helped to defeat Revan and Exile, he asked Emperor to name him on the council. Emperor said that he will make a special position (Wrath) just for him, which is above DC.

Exactly! This was made canon by Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan novel. Wrath was a special position created by the Emperor decades before SWTOR and it was specificaly stated to be above DC.

When Lord Scourge helped to defeat Revan and Exile, he asked Emperor to name him on the council. Emperor said that he will make a special position (Wrath) just for him, which is above DC.

Anyone can say a position is above another but if the position below it has more power than its just hogwash. The wrath doesn't have any one answering to them and can't do anything unless the emperor says he can so he has no real power. Each dark council member has everyone in their sphere answering to them and can do what ever they want. The wrath is only as powerful as the emperor says he is and with the emperor not saying anything and being believed dead by the dark council what little power the wrath had is gone. Unless he really can solo the whole council which I very much doubt. One wrath being able to do it to sith that were anti war (weak) doesn't equal the current wrath being able to do it to sith that have withstood the natural selection of war for decades.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

I doubt bw would leave your story ending with false information. Especially by the emperors hand. Seems highly unlikely sense what power play would he be making? Most sith that make power plays are low in ranking and trying I get them selves known. Wouldn't make any sense for the hand to risk his place of power. Anyways I just decided to do makeb and finished the other night and if the hand was making a power play there was no evidence of it not even a mention of him lying. I really don't think bw would give you that information then never act on it and it means the hand was lying. Anyways the only way anyone would find out I I the continue the story on it . Stupid that bw didn't give more mention to it at the end.

No. It was stated that being on the dark council is the first step to power, as every other council member plays chess against each other. As stated in the Annihilation novel, IA storyline and the others. Even Darth Marr who is considered the "head" of the dark council is cautious about the choice of words he has to use in council meetings or else his done for.

Edited by Girdeux

Anyone can say a position is above another but if the position below it has more power than its just hogwash. The wrath doesn't have any one answering to them and can't do anything unless the emperor says he can so he has no real power. Each dark council member has everyone in their sphere answering to them and can do what ever they want. The wrath is only as powerful as the emperor says he is and with the emperor not saying anything and being believed dead by the dark council what little power the wrath had is gone. Unless he really can solo the whole council which I very much doubt. One wrath being able to do it to sith that were anti war (weak) doesn't equal the current wrath being able to do it to sith that have withstood the natural selection of war for decades.

The point I am trying to make is that, officially, Wrath outranks DC members. Wrath may not have as much political power (does not lead spheres etc.) when in idle mode. But for instance, if Warth and a DC member were in a situation where they ran into a random unit in the battlefield, Warth would be in the command. Similarly, if Wrath is tasked by the Emperor to perform some task, he/she has DC and their spheres at his/her disposal.

As for his/her combat prowess I think Warth can defeat any of the DC member (otherwise it would be pointless). From the ending of SW storyline it is pretty clear that the council respects and probably even fears Wrath. You pretty much say to them all "be good or I will come back and spank you". If Warth didn't possess the rank/abilities I described above, he surely wouldn't walk out of the council alive with that kind of attitude.

Edited by Path-x

The point I am trying to make is that, officially, Wrath outranks DC members. Wrath may not have as much political power (does not lead spheres etc.) when in idle mode. But for instance, if Warth and a DC member were in a situation where they ran into a random unit in the battlefield, Warth would be in the command. Similarly, if Wrath is tasked by the Emperor to perform some task, he/she has DC and their spheres at his/her disposal.

As for his/her combat prowess I think Warth can defeat any of the DC member (otherwise it would be pointless). From the ending of SW storyline it is pretty clear that the council respects and probably even fears Wrath. You pretty much say to them all "be good or I will come back and spank you". If Warth didn't possess the rank/abilities I described above, he surely wouldn't walk out of the council alive with that kind of attitude.

agreed nuff said

And the point MagicallyPuzzled is trying to make (and I've made in the past also) is that it's only officially. If the Wrath and a DC member ran onto the warfield and the DC member claimed control of the forces, the Wrath has no real authority to countermand him, ie the troops will follow the DC orders and basically ignore the Wrath. The Wrath may be officially Higher Ranking, but he is also officially OUTSIDE THE HIERARCHY, so unless he kills the offending DC member he is officially stuffed. And if he kills a member of the Dark Council, the rest of the Dark Council would gang up and kill him.

If fact when you became the Wrath they actually warned you to stay out of their way, not to interfere with them, not a position you take with someone you actually believe to be a superior.

And if he kills a member of the Dark Council, the rest of the Dark Council would gang up and kill him.

No they wouldnt. The dark council dont stand together. They are all against eachother. Even within the dark council there is heirachys and groups against one another.

And the point MagicallyPuzzled is trying to make (and I've made in the past also) is that it's only officially. If the Wrath and a DC member ran onto the warfield and the DC member claimed control of the forces, the Wrath has no real authority to countermand him, ie the troops will follow the DC orders and basically ignore the Wrath. The Wrath may be officially Higher Ranking, but he is also officially OUTSIDE THE HIERARCHY, so unless he kills the offending DC member he is officially stuffed. And if he kills a member of the Dark Council, the rest of the Dark Council would gang up and kill him.

If fact when you became the Wrath they actually warned you to stay out of their way, not to interfere with them, not a position you take with someone you actually believe to be a superior.

I think it's safe to say they would follow the one who survived, as the wrath would just disembowel a counselor that tried to interfere with the emperor's wishes. While technically true that the Wrath may not have any command of his own, he exerts the emperor's will which makes his edict above any other in the Sith. If it came down to a political power structure it would only be a question of who would be replacing the Wrath's opponents on the council.

And the point MagicallyPuzzled is trying to make (and I've made in the past also) is that it's only officially. If the Wrath and a DC member ran onto the warfield and the DC member claimed control of the forces, the Wrath has no real authority to countermand him, ie the troops will follow the DC orders and basically ignore the Wrath.

What do you mean "only officially"? If DC would try to assume command when Wrath officially outranks him then what else he has left to hang on to? It is safe to assume he cannot possibly match Wrath's combat prowess. And the troops don't really know or care about these kind of Sith matters. When Wrath would chop DC's head off, the troops would just say "What is your command, my Lord?".

What do you mean "only officially"? If DC would try to assume command when Wrath officially outranks him then what else he has left to hang on to? It is safe to assume he cannot possibly match Wrath's combat prowess. And the troops don't really know or care about these kind of Sith matters. When Wrath would chop DC's head off, the troops would just say "What is your command, my Lord?".

By "Only Officially" I mean that because the Wrath is outside the Hierarchy, his position is dependent on the Emperor's disposition, and has no powerbase or authority of his own, ie he is a Paper Tiger, ok not exactly a paper Tiger, since he clearly has strong force abilities and fighting skills. The Dark Council member on the other hand has his own power base and his own authority as a Dark Council member, he can command troops under his own authority. The Wrath on the other hand can only command troops with the Dark Council's permission or the Emperor's authority, the latter is absent for the moment.

Admittedly he could just kill anyone who disagrees with him, but when the Wrath is appointed the Dark Council actively warns him off, the threat is basically stay out of our way and don't interfere with us or else. This is a basic warning that if the Wrath starts attacking the Council, then the Council will tear him apart. Basically the only thing that will unite the Dark Council is an outside threat, the Wrath is such an outside threat.

By "Only Officially" I mean that because the Wrath is outside the Hierarchy, his position is dependent on the Emperor's disposition, and has no powerbase or authority of his own, ie he is a Paper Tiger, ok not exactly a paper Tiger, since he clearly has strong force abilities and fighting skills. The Dark Council member on the other hand has his own power base and his own authority as a Dark Council member, he can command troops under his own authority. The Wrath on the other hand can only command troops with the Dark Council's permission or the Emperor's authority, the latter is absent for the moment.

Admittedly he could just kill anyone who disagrees with him, but when the Wrath is appointed the Dark Council actively warns him off, the threat is basically stay out of our way and don't interfere with us or else. This is a basic warning that if the Wrath starts attacking the Council, then the Council will tear him apart. Basically the only thing that will unite the Dark Council is an outside threat, the Wrath is such an outside threat.

Let's get real for a moment, you comparing NPCs to PCs, if it came down to it the entire dark council is expendable compared to the player character, who is by necessity invincible. Thus the Wrath has the authority.

if you follows the laws of the empire and the sith the SW by all rights should be a member of the dark council. After all only the strong lead.

as for the Emperor: he is hiding growing his strength because there are more and more people that can kill him, he doesn't have scourge to protect him, and Revan(the whole reason the emperor uses voices in the first place) has escaped and is hunting him down.

if you follows the laws of the empire and the sith the SW by all rights should be a member of the dark council. After all only the strong lead.

as for the Emperor: he is hiding growing his strength because there are more and more people that can kill him, he doesn't have scourge to protect him, and Revan(the whole reason the emperor uses voices in the first place) has escaped and is hunting him down.

Agreed, this would solve the problem, if the Wrath had his own power base, and authority, then the potential for friction would diminish.

Agreed, this would solve the problem, if the Wrath had his own power base, and authority, then the potential for friction would diminish.

The strong lead, I think it's much more fitting for a sith who may be penultimate in power to not have to rely on others. This is a caste system that allows anyone to kill anyone else if it's convenient or necessary. A lightsaber is the only authority the Wrath needs. The council is free to object to his plans and set their forces against him, but they all know how Sith politics go, and they know they'd be signing their own death warrant by openly defying the Wrath of the emperor. armies and edicts are inconsequential in the face of true power. such is the sith way.

Edited by frankiejo