Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on removing accuracy from game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thoughts on removing accuracy from game.

Einobi
09.18.2019 , 05:13 PM | #11
Having to agree on that. If you cannot shoot accurately or cannot strike your lightsaber accurately, you should still be at the training ground at the start of the storyline and not be allowed to graduate from the training school and out of the starting zone to continue leveling. If still insist on having accuracy as stat, I rather see that implemented as a penalty of sort which mean it will translate to friendly fire. If you are low on accuracy, some of your dmg (scaled according to your accuracy stat) will also hit friendly players instead of just mobs. This will make PvP matches very interesting indeed. Imagine the enemy healers also miss and heal the other faction players too instead of just their own players. Make accuracy stat something that truly have consequences whether in PvE or PvP matches.

Rion_Starkiller
09.18.2019 , 09:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by PatT View Post
First they got rid of class stats (strength, et. al) and made it all master. Because ppl couldn't understand.

Then they got rid of multiple mats for the same crafting level because it was confusing

then they put all the mats into a single node becuase ppl ... what? too complicated to look for shards vs crystals?

They got rid of multiple trees. Then they got rid of advanced classes.

You want them to maybe just give you one button, one attack and come over and click it for you too?
I remember this one sniper in a flashpoint back in the day. He only wore Aim gear. He refused to listen to us when we told him he is supposed to wear cunning gear (aim was for bounty hunters & troopers). I'm normally against dumbing down the game, but in this case, accuracy doesn't seem to add complexity, but adds an "annoying" factor to 6.0 gearing.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Seterade
09.18.2019 , 10:18 PM | #13
imo accuracy serves only to add diverisity to stats. realisticly there is no good reason reason outside of "rp" (sith lord nox isn't accurate enough with his low slash) so I would encourage accuracy to just be removed. people might complain its "just more simplifing" but I would argue there was never a place in the game for it to begin with outside of benign complexity.

DarthCasus
09.19.2019 , 08:14 AM | #14
I don't agree with the idea though I sympathize with the goal. Issue is that tertiary stats would only see higher thresholds needed to create the same results as we currently have or will have in 6.0. They purposefully gimped Alacrity, Crit, Absorb and Shield have harsh diminishing returns as it is. This would just help the stat squish be a lot more simple but there'd be less variation between DPS and Heals (game feels too samey as of now), there'd be no early detection bare minimum method of telling if people have any idea about how to build, it would add nothing to the gameplay aspect because Bioware's balancing devs show no regard for what 'fun' is.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

DreadtechSavant
09.19.2019 , 02:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PatT View Post
First they got rid of class stats (strength, et. al) and made it all master. Because ppl couldn't understand.

Then they got rid of multiple mats for the same crafting level because it was confusing

then they put all the mats into a single node becuase ppl ... what? too complicated to look for shards vs crystals?

They got rid of multiple trees. Then they got rid of advanced classes.

You want them to maybe just give you one button, one attack and come over and click it for you too?
I agree with this assessment. Personally see no reason to remove accuracy from the game. If BW remove it then so be it, but don't see removing it will benefit the game or add anything to the game myself.