Can I get some assistance with the Darth Arho fight please?

I'm nearing the end of the PVE quest chain in the game. Most of the content gave me no issues and if I did struggle with anything I was always able to develop a strategy to complete it.

I am at Level 50, Trooper Commando Gunnery.

DPS is not the problem, there is obviously a mechanic to this fight I'm missing and I'm unable to figure it out so I'm asking for help.

Phase One I just do mild DPS and save all my cooldowns for phase 2. I interrupt his healing phases easily. DPS doesn't matter because he does a max heal going into phase 2.

At the end of Phase one a couple of Twilek Jedis come in and combat ensues while my companion and myself are rendered immobile. The Jedis die, the adds die. Darth Arho is left alone with myself and my companion to duke it out.

But then he just absolutely crushes me. It's no contest. I'm not even close to killing him. My healer companion can't keep up, I can't DPS him down fast enough. There's just no way I can fathom killing him. I've killed plenty of powerful elites in the game and I can't think of any ability combinations that could possibly turn the tide of this fight.

Is there a mechanic I'm supposed to do in order to survive this fight? I didn't rush in to ask, I've spent many, many attempts on this particular encounter to no avail.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I ran into the same trouble as a Commando as well, we're squishy as hell and with quest gear, your HP is low enough that when he crits for 7k(!) in 2 GCDs, he's taking off more than half your lifebar in an instant. My recommendation is... get a friend. Seriously, get a friend to do it with you. If you absolutely must solo him, I did it as Assault. Turn off ALL of Elara's DPS abilities and make sure MedWatch is on. Once phase 2 starts, Reactive Shield immediately, Cryo Grenade and burst the living hell out of Arho. Use concussion charge to knock him away once he's close again. Use No Retreat right after concussion, then kite him around until C4 comes up again, and Cryo again. Use any medpacs and stam stims you can. But seriously? Bring a friend. Commandos are just way too squishy until you get better gear.

I've met loads of people who've since then been stuck on this guy (Scoundrels, Sentinels...) and helped them out. The extra DPS makes a world of difference.

Thanks for that great reply. I would really love to solo him so I'm going to try a few of the things you pointed out I haven't tried yet and if that doesn't do the trick then I'll consider either coming back at a later date or grabbing a buddy. I honestly thought there was some major fight mechanic that I was missing but I guess this guy is just hard. Edited by balane

Well that's a pretty big bug then because these two guys collapse on the floor and their bodies vanish. If they stayed and tanked the last phase it would make this a very easy fight.

Anybody else have the jedis remain during the last phase?

Max out your stats armor ect. go do any quests you may have not done. Get some datacrons to increase your stats.

Consider a respec, maybe needed to balance your skills for end game.

Last but not least consider the Dark side is stronger give into your hate and Join the Sith instead as a bounty hunter.

Edited by XDrcaul

Max out your stats armor ect. go do any quests you may have not done. Get some datacrons to increase your stats.

Consider a respec, maybe needed to balance your skills for end game.

Last but not least consider the Dark side is stronger give into your hate and Join the Sith instead as a bounty hunter.

You have successfully solo'd this fight? I'm asking because those are extremely generic solutions not specific to this encounter in any way.

I'm nearing the end of the PVE quest chain in the game. Most of the content gave me no issues and if I did struggle with anything I was always able to develop a strategy to complete it.

I am at Level 50, Trooper Commando Gunnery.

DPS is not the problem, there is obviously a mechanic to this fight I'm missing and I'm unable to figure it out so I'm asking for help.

Phase One I just do mild DPS and save all my cooldowns for phase 2. I interrupt his healing phases easily. DPS doesn't matter because he does a max heal going into phase 2.

At the end of Phase one a couple of Twilek Jedis come in and combat ensues while my companion and myself are rendered immobile. The Jedis die, the adds die. Darth Arho is left alone with myself and my companion to duke it out.

But then he just absolutely crushes me. It's no contest. I'm not even close to killing him. My healer companion can't keep up, I can't DPS him down fast enough. There's just no way I can fathom killing him. I've killed plenty of powerful elites in the game and I can't think of any ability combinations that could possibly turn the tide of this fight.

Is there a mechanic I'm supposed to do in order to survive this fight? I didn't rush in to ask, I've spent many, many attempts on this particular encounter to no avail.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I've been trying to do this same fight for 2 days now and simply cannot beat the guy. I am Sage. I have the exact same problem. I get through Phase 1 with no problems. When entering Phase 2, the Jedi's that come to assist me and then disappear after they do something to his AoE force choke.

Arho heals to full health. My companion and I try the fight and he stomps us pretty quickly. I've tried with the Healer companion, the Tank companion, and the DPS companion. I've tried kiting Arho. I've gone back after getting better gear. I've even changed from a healer focus spec to a DPS spec. Nothing I attempt works.

I don't think it is a gear issue. I am in 60% purple 50/51 modded oranges and the remainder 50 blues. My DPS companion is well modded out as well.

If anyone has successfully fought this guy and won solo, I'd love to hear how you did it.

Erm..... I solo'd him first time as a shadow and I was in worse gear then you, most of these fights are about timing of your interupts and CD, his Aoe thing is a pain but he takes more damage after doing it. Other then that I don't think i did anything special.

Erm..... I solo'd him first time as a shadow and I was in worse gear then you, most of these fights are about timing of your interupts and CD, his Aoe thing is a pain but he takes more damage after doing it. Other then that I don't think i did anything special.

what is the name of his big damage cast and is there time to interrupt it? This fight is not like any other single player fight I've seen. I'm not bragging but I was able to breeze through all of the single player content in this game until this fight and, for me, it's not even close. I've tried over and over and over again for a couple of days now to no avail. I've used every possible strategy and attack combination I could come up with. Nothing I've been able to try has even put me in the ballpark so it's not like I'm close and just need a little tweaking. I know this fight well and if you're facing the same encounter I am and if you're saying this guy is easy then I'm sorry to say, it seems a little far fetched to me. He is definitely, most definitely, an especially difficult fight unless there's some mechanic that we're all completely missing.

I just did this fight solo after reading your forum posting because I was having trouble with this fight as well. Level 50 Gunnery Commando

I used a stim that raised my endurance by around 80, kited alot! during phase 2, used a healing med pack, and made sure to keep him stunned or slowed as much as possible. I moved around alot in this fight and did not change Dorne's commands around at all. she DPS'd / healed.

You will end up blowing every single cooldown you have during phase 2, so do not use them in phase 1, like people have already stated on the forum. During phase 2, you will notice he puts a debuff on you immediately that increases the amount of damage down to you and stacks. If you have 2 stacks and he hits you, say good-night. You want to hide behind pillars continually and make sure you do not get sucked in during the AOE storm he does.

Best of luck to everyone, by far the most epic fight I have done in the game solo. I wish I had recorded it... so freaking awesome.

BTW, I killed him with about 1,000 HP left! on my commando. :-D

i had some troubles with this fight at first, playing a jedi tank with doc as healer. but after some tries, i figured out: the mechanics you are looking for in this thread is very simple. kite him, and use los to avoid his attacks!

phase 1: is simple. just interrupt "opfer" (sorry im playing in german, so i dont know the english name).

phase 2: hide behind the pillars to avoid his attacks. especially when you got the debuffs. run around the columns, until the debuffs have disappeared. he has no chance to reach you. from time to time, attack him.

phase 3: nuke him down.

Edited by thyloor

Interesting, thank you. Do you need to DPS him in order for phase 2 to pass or will it pass regardless as Phase 1 does?

Phase 3 is just a typical tank and spank? (I never made it to a phase 3 and just assumed phase 2 was the last part.)

If I can just kite and hide my way through phase 2 I imagine it would be best to save my cooldowns for the final phase beat down right?

you need to dps him in phase 2 of course. but you have all the time you want. just be sure to never (!) get more than 1 stack of the debuffs. they last very long, so you maybe need to kite him a while until they have disappeared. if you do this with patience, you should never fall below 75% health!

in phase 3 he is constantly channeling and not moving anymore. just burn him down as fast as possible.

Edited by thyloor

He puts a debuff on you that increases your damage taken and reduces healing taken (to practically 0) after the Jedi come in to help you.

The key is to save everything you have for this, and don't even bother trying to heal. AVOID DAMAGE. He should ONLY be hitting you with his lightning storm ground AoE, nothing else should be hitting you, you can los anything else or kite him. If you find yourself slowed in his aoe, use your 2min cd CC break or use energy shield and run out asap.

DON'T USE A HEALING COMPANION. Use a DPS companion so that they can take him down while you're kiting in phase 2. THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO STAY ALIVE. He doesn't have much health and your companion will kill him, do not risk taking unnessecary damage just to get some hits in.

He is EASILY the most challenging solo boss in the game, but I still worked him out after 2 tries.

Edited by CHRISGG

Once I switched to my DPS companion AND kept Darth Arho on the opposite side of the pillar he was an insta-kill.

The healer companion is absolutely useless in this fight.

Thanks for all the tips, glad that's behind me and glad I did it myself. (Well sort of, I did get help here obviously.)

Edited by balane

Quest is pretty buggy, though it only took me 2 attempts. First attempt, the Jedi came in to help, died, but 3 Strong sith disciples were left alive in addition to arho -- not exactly managable.

The second attempt was much less impossible; jedi dropped in and died, but the disciples didnt spawn either. Arho is pretty easy otherwise

I had real problems with this his lightning thing that you cant interrupt on phase 2 was a real killer. I found however the best way to counter this is to use the pillars and get out of line of sight some distance from the boss and then just keep popping out and hitting him with some damage, shield/heal then back out for some more DPS.

I had problems with it too but made a video about how i handled it with him. I´m not good at making movies but i hope it will help atleast some of you guys. :)

Level 49! now special thingys or stims or something maybe a bit luck too :)

bad quality :(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAoH2tb66lY&feature=youtube_gdata

I recomend in p3 when he´s channeling his big aeo to toggle you companion passiv so she/he will not get stuck in it like mine.

Edited by Cethes