Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Defense Guardian PvP?


Ishtharo's Avatar


Ishtharo
12.26.2015 , 02:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LautrecofCarim View Post
get a buttload of alacrity ( about 15% with high enduramce alacrity enhancements and alacrity augs ) and do 1 mil damage and 1 mil protection
The Alacrity is not necessary. I run Tank Armorings, Tank Hilt, Tank earpiece, Shield with DPS mod/enhance, 11 endurance augments, 3 crit augments and everything else DPS (High crit/power). I end up with 1300+ crit, 78k HP, 12% defense, 30% shield, 25% absorb. Im a ***** to kil and put out 17k Crushing Blows with a 17k ravage.

My most recent match was a Hypergate with 1.2 mil damage, 1.4 mil Protecetion, and 1.6 mil damage taken with 3 deaths.

Alacrity not necessary.

Pro Tip: The damage mitigation from Intercede counts as numerical protection. I run the Intercede utility and use it on CD (lowers CD from 20 seconds to 15, increase dmagae mitigation from 20% to 30%).
VenusFallen-Corruption Seleņe-Arsenal Bilith-Immortal
The Crimson Order
Harbinger
Nessuno č purro...

LautrecofCarim's Avatar


LautrecofCarim
12.26.2015 , 06:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishtharo View Post
The Alacrity is not necessary. I run Tank Armorings, Tank Hilt, Tank earpiece, Shield with DPS mod/enhance, 11 endurance augments, 3 crit augments and everything else DPS (High crit/power). I end up with 1300+ crit, 78k HP, 12% defense, 30% shield, 25% absorb. Im a ***** to kil and put out 17k Crushing Blows with a 17k ravage.

My most recent match was a Hypergate with 1.2 mil damage, 1.4 mil Protecetion, and 1.6 mil damage taken with 3 deaths.

Alacrity not necessary.

Pro Tip: The damage mitigation from Intercede counts as numerical protection. I run the Intercede utility and use it on CD (lowers CD from 20 seconds to 15, increase dmagae mitigation from 20% to 30%).
On the Pot5
The to success is NERF OPERATIVES - DJ Khaled

Ishtharo's Avatar


Ishtharo
12.27.2015 , 11:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LautrecofCarim View Post
On the Pot5
And? If your point is to troll, Ill save you the humiliation of trying, I don't really care. I enjoy the game and the server I'm on.
VenusFallen-Corruption Seleņe-Arsenal Bilith-Immortal
The Crimson Order
Harbinger
Nessuno č purro...

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
12.27.2015 , 03:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishtharo View Post

Pro Tip: The damage mitigation from Intercede counts as numerical protection. I run the Intercede utility and use it on CD (lowers CD from 20 seconds to 15, increase dmagae mitigation from 20% to 30%).
Actually it doesn't. Although that shouldn't stop you from using it, it obviously helps your team, but it won't show on the scoreboard.

I should probably consider the Intercede utility mostly for the lowered cooldown, but I like root on Ravage now with how powerful it is in tank spec, it serves as both a peeling tool and aiding in delivering monster damage. Tank in DPS gear is just beastly now.

Also, I'd argue crit will help you more than alacrity for sure, as you already have a number of attacks with boosted crit rates (Crushing Blow, Smash, Ravage), so the extra crit will help ensure you land it more often, AND boost the damage they do when they crit. Alacrity mostly just lets you attack a tad faster and possibly get Ravage out a little quicker, the only cooldown it benefits is Enrage, Vengeance benefits a lot more as it increases the speed at which the dots tick, and since the spec is more reliant on Ravage.
Kandel - Juggernaut Leėf - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

Ganthen's Avatar


Ganthen
12.28.2015 , 09:10 PM | #25
Hi, i was actually looking for some advice for this very topic, on my jugg.

I'm to understand that defense is worthless in pvp? because of accuracy? and that shield doesnt work because of crits? is it, then, just the cooldowns that makes juggs tough in pvp?

reason i ask is because im trying to gear my jugg for pvp, immortal spec. im hearing things like, buy the tank set, but remove the mods and enhancements and replace with crit/power stuff. if this is the case, then gearing a jugg is going to be very expensive, with 208 mods costing 800 wz comms per, aside from the actual purchasing of each piece, it's going to cost an addtional 1600 wz comms to replace these things?

right now im trying to figure out which set of gear to buy, the war leader stuff or the dps stuff, and then re-mod it? do we stack absorption or stack crit and power? i know that endurance is high on the priority list, but im looking at things like ear piece and implant. Do we get the crit items or the absorption items?

kind of confusing to me.

also, is there any rotation for immortal jugg? or is it just a "use it when it's up" sort of deal?

thanks again and sorry for all the questions.

OMGITSJAD's Avatar


OMGITSJAD
12.29.2015 , 01:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganthen View Post
I'm to understand that defense is worthless in pvp? because of accuracy? and that shield doesnt work because of crits? is it, then, just the cooldowns that makes juggs tough in pvp?

right now im trying to figure out which set of gear to buy, the war leader stuff or the dps stuff, and then re-mod it? do we stack absorption or stack crit and power? i know that endurance is high on the priority list, but im looking at things like ear piece and implant. Do we get the crit items or the absorption items?

also, is there any rotation for immortal jugg? or is it just a "use it when it's up" sort of deal?

thanks again and sorry for all the questions.
Defense is "worthless" because most attacks in pvp are force/tech, which defense does not increase the resist chance of...If every enemy DPS out there was a marksman sniper, tanks would stack defense like crazy and it would be fine. Pretty much every other spec has either all force, all tech, a mix of melee and force, or a mix of ranged and tech damage, so most attacks will just ignore the defense you put in gear, though(example, against a sorcerer, any defense rating you put in is worthless as all of their moves are Force, and Power wouldn't just help you in DPS, it would additionally help you live longer by making your Force Scream absorb shield and Enraged Defense heals better.).

Shields also don't work on internal damage too. If you could shield everything and defense rating worked on force/tech, it would be a lot more noticeable if you swapped a hard tank with a dps geared tank, but that's not how things work. As you mention, your main survivability is focused around appropriate cooldown usage and management, the only thing you will always benefit from is getting more Endurance as a PvP tank, as even though shielding definitely does reduce the effectiveness of hits, relying on it(especially as a Jugg, because they have the lowest natural level of shield/absorb) is probably not worthwhile.

I would say go for the War Leader set then put DPS mods and enhancements into it is the cheapest option. If you buy the DPS pieces, you will wind up with a lot of the enhancements you want, but none of the tanking set bonus armorings you want, which provide a higher health level. Plus, the DPS set gives you unlettered mods instead of the B-mod variant you would want unless you wanted to just have straight DPS gear as a Tank, but that doesn't sound like what you are interested in. What I did was bought the War Leader set, then B-mods and the proper enhancements separately. The tanking ear/implants do provide more Endurance than the DPS ones, but you will lose a lot of crit or alacrity in exchange for Defense. It's up to you what to pick, if you go for Tanking ones I would recommend the Shield/Defense ones over the Absorb/Defense ones if the rest of your gear is crit/alacrity.

Yes, the rotation is use the biggest hitting attack you can in that moment, and keep the big hitters on cooldown until you can only spam vicious slash/sweeping slash.
Apex Gunslinger Jadrya
Jad Bond, Virulent Marksman
How to play Sniper in Solo Ranked ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ganthen's Avatar


Ganthen
12.30.2015 , 06:23 AM | #27
thanks for that explanation. From what I gather, from talking to a couple of people, tank set, but replace all the mods and enhancements, except for 2, that have defense on them with mods and enhancements that have crit/power. I took the absorb earpiece and implants, the shield generator. And as far as augments, all of them will be endurance/power. Does that sound about right?

One guy also said put 2 mods or enhancements that have alacrity on them. Is that going to be enough alacrity to really affect anything?

xeqtoRDoom's Avatar


xeqtoRDoom
12.30.2015 , 08:10 AM | #28
If I got this right.

There are 3 types of damage:

Melee/Ranged - White Damage
Force/Tech - Yellow
Internal - Yellow but different then Force/Tech

For defensive stats we have Defense, Shield, Absorb and Endurance.

Defense - completely negates Melee/Ranged damage, if RNG is strong you take 0 dmg. Does nothing to Force/Tech and Internal Damage.

Shield/Absorb - Works on Melee/Ranged and on Force/Tech, does nothing for Internal Damage. If RNG is strong (Depending on Shield Chance) you take damage but its diminished by the amount of Absorb percentage you have.

Endurance - you take full damage but you have more HP and its the most effective way to "mitigate" Internal Damage.

Tank with lots of Defensive stats and no Endurance will die fast to Internal Damage but will take longer to kill with Melee/Ranged and Force/Tech attacks. Every DoT is classified as Internal + some abilities.

Force/Tech and Melee/Ranged is burst damage and can be further mitigated by your defensives and defense stats.
Internal damage aka fluff damage can only be mitigated by Invincible and HP.

Internal damage is whats killing most tanks, dot spread is super easy and it will kill you eventually. People rarely try to focus the tank but if they do you have defensives and some defense stats.

Gearing:

Mods - 9 Advanced Lethal Mod 40B-X
Enhancments - 7 Advanced Discipline Enhancement 40X
Augments - 14 Fortitude Augments
Relics - DPS ones since they have Endurance and defense stats are not that good + they boost your dps.
Implants/Ear - Shield/Defense, they give more HP then DPS implants and its nice to have some defensive stats.

Reason I go for Shield/Defense over Abosorb/Defense is since your shield rating is pretty low and its better to Shield more often then absorb a little more. Ideally you would want Shield/Absorb over Shield/Defense but that dosent exist anymore.

With lots of Power from the Gear your Force Screams Sonic Barrier will absorb more damage (works against all types) and you'll do pretty good damage as well.