Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Defense Guardian Needs Help!

DrumDeity
01.22.2012 , 04:55 PM | #1
Hi. My Guardian (currently level 26) is stuck on The Defector. The last boss battle I was stuck on was resolved when I switched to Kira. Now, with Kira, I cannot beat Valis, with ALL of my buffs and even a stimpack active. I have a few other quests active which are mainly Space Combat missions and Mandalorian Raiders.
Hillkiller Legacy- The Bastion (US)
Elran- Level 55 Jedi Guardian--- Snippersniper- Level 55 Sniper--- Look'alike- Level 55 Commando--- Huntardinspace- Level 22 Mercenary--- Iknowthatheal- Level 15 Sith Sorcerer

Patizor
01.22.2012 , 04:59 PM | #2
There's a lot about this topic in the Jedi Knight class forum. The short version is you just have to be sure to interrupt his attacks; if you can do that, he's relatively weak.
Eat light saber, jerk!

TheBBP
01.22.2012 , 05:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Patizor View Post
There's a lot about this topic in the Jedi Knight class forum. The short version is you just have to be sure to interrupt his attacks; if you can do that, he's relatively weak.
Aye. Interrupts are key to beating him. You can't just stand there and take swings at him. He takes a bit of coordination between Force Stasis and you interrupt kick.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Mltdwn
01.22.2012 , 09:06 PM | #4
ALso make sure you use your knockback and leap as interupts. That is the only way I could do it using every single interupt I had (begins casting, kick, begins casting, stasis, begins casting, knockback, let him get up and start casting again, leap, then start the rotation over). You really have to use every single interupt tool you have available to take him down. Get used to it, later FPs, OPs, and HMs will require you do the same on the bosses or they can 1-3 shot you (most notably the second boss on Esseles on HM). The game later on is very interupt heavy.

DrumDeity
01.22.2012 , 10:08 PM | #5
I just HATE his knockback. It's always in the middle of Master Strike. But I do need to pay attention to all my interrupts. Thanks!
Hillkiller Legacy- The Bastion (US)
Elran- Level 55 Jedi Guardian--- Snippersniper- Level 55 Sniper--- Look'alike- Level 55 Commando--- Huntardinspace- Level 22 Mercenary--- Iknowthatheal- Level 15 Sith Sorcerer