Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Fortress heroic +2 mode

GoodDealFL's Avatar


GoodDealFL
07.09.2018 , 03:34 PM | #1
ok, so I blow up the shield gen, open up the heroic mode, go and complete the mission (alderaan) come out and the star fortress mission is still there,, is the star fortress supposed to blow up? its still on my to do list,

when I beat the boss a door opens up and I leave being chased by a fue fighters, nothing blows up

I get a to choose "story mode" or "Veteran Mode" , that's it..

CrazyScruffy's Avatar


CrazyScruffy
07.09.2018 , 04:16 PM | #2
vet mode is heroic. and even when you do blow it up for the story to progress. you will still have the option to run it again.

ObsidianBones's Avatar


ObsidianBones
07.10.2018 , 12:24 PM | #3
To emphasize on this, when you do run it again (this time, to destroy said Star Fortress), it switches from Heroic +2 to Heroic 4, so I'd recommend getting a group together for it. (Tried to do it solo, and got my arse handed to me.) Also, make sure your toon is equipped with the best possible gear as you get hammered by Skytroopers.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
07.10.2018 , 01:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianBones View Post
To emphasize on this, when you do run it again (this time, to destroy said Star Fortress), it switches from Heroic +2 to Heroic 4, so I'd recommend getting a group together for it. (Tried to do it solo, and got my arse handed to me.) Also, make sure your toon is equipped with the best possible gear as you get hammered by Skytroopers.
Rubbish.

It is Heroic 2+ all the way, but it's not walk-in-the-park H2+ like you find on planets. You have to know how to play correctly and it sure does help to have a well-trained, highly-influenced companion. And get the Alliance Specialists to level 10+, especially Aygo, since that unlocks special powers. (Aygo's power is the deployment of a moderately tough and very tanky turret that you should use at every possible opportunity during the Exarch fight.)

Frankly, it's more like a soloable two-man flashpoint than a Heroic mission, but it *is* soloable.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

NickEmory's Avatar


NickEmory
07.10.2018 , 02:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Rubbish.

It is Heroic 2+ all the way, but it's not walk-in-the-park H2+ like you find on planets. You have to know how to play correctly and it sure does help to have a well-trained, highly-influenced companion. And get the Alliance Specialists to level 10+, especially Aygo, since that unlocks special powers. (Aygo's power is the deployment of a moderately tough and very tanky turret that you should use at every possible opportunity during the Exarch fight.)

Frankly, it's more like a soloable two-man flashpoint than a Heroic mission, but it *is* soloable.
Correct. It is soloable, just set your comp to heals and you will be fine. Higher level comps are recommended, unless you were a sub who got Z0-0M, lv 1 is fine with her. Since way overpowered (go find the original writeup if you think otherwise).
As to doing the story quest, the order is to blow up the shield generator, then do the VETERAN version of the same planet star fortress. SOLO mode does not progress the story in terms of blowing up the fortress.

Hope this helps,

Q
The Questrox Legacy
<Lightside Eternal Alliance>
<Darkside Eternal Alliance>
<Covenant of the Phoenix> Knight

ObsidianBones's Avatar


ObsidianBones
07.11.2018 , 10:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Rubbish.

It is Heroic 2+ all the way, but it's not walk-in-the-park H2+ like you find on planets. You have to know how to play correctly and it sure does help to have a well-trained, highly-influenced companion. And get the Alliance Specialists to level 10+, especially Aygo, since that unlocks special powers. (Aygo's power is the deployment of a moderately tough and very tanky turret that you should use at every possible opportunity during the Exarch fight.)

Frankly, it's more like a soloable two-man flashpoint than a Heroic mission, but it *is* soloable.
Apologies. My mistake. . Been a while since I've attempted any of these.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.11.2018 , 12:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NickEmory View Post
Correct. It is soloable, just set your comp to heals
If you are good, you can set companion to dps, it will be done faster.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.12.2018 , 04:08 AM | #8
Here is a quick Video showing how you can solo it. Its on a stealth character but without one, you just fight more mobs. I was full 248 with 236 augments and rank 50 dps companion. You can run all H2 SFs like this.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040