Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I came on to post exactly the same response Anicca.

After submitting a ticket asking for a refund on my pre-purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, I received the same completely unsuitable response. Not only does the response not answer my actual question, but it tries to spin the merger in a positive way.

I'm so enraged that I am seriously considering unsubbing immediately. This enforces the fact that in no way is Bioware going to change their mind. I was going to take a wait and see approach, however now I see this is pointless and there is now no reason to continue playing.

1) You need to call billing support for any refund. This was discussed earlier I believe, either here or in another thread.

2) You completely ignored/dismissed the additional comments/responses from the droid about the decision.

3) It's a prepared statement, and I'm sure the Customer Support person followed their flow chart as to which response to provide you (based on what they read in your submission).... even though they should have told you directly to contact billing support (assuming that your requests was succinct and clear that you wanted a refund).

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible "solution"!! The answer is simple to me, especially if its a maintenance cost issue:

1. Merge PVE and PVP servers to help with population

2. Allow free transfers for those that want to move to NA or EU servers

3. Charge higher subs on APAC servers to support cost to maintain it (user pays)

if the current resolution persists, I will probably move my toons somewhere anyway, but expect I will unsub and just very occassionally play F2P, but for me the move will kill any endgame quality of life, so no point........will just do some limited levelling.

It was fun whilst it lasted BW. You set a high benchmark for us with local servers then taking them away becomesmuch more painful than ever having them:(

I want my money back on the expansion.

Yours sadly

Bantillian Drex

1) You need to call billing support for any refund. This was discussed earlier I believe, either here or in another thread.

2) You completely ignored/dismissed the additional comments/responses from the droid about the decision.

3) It's a prepared statement, and I'm sure the Customer Support person followed their flow chart as to which response to provide you (based on what they read in your submission).... even though they should have told you directly to contact billing support (assuming that your requests was succinct and clear that you wanted a refund).

Thank you for making this community a better place.

Well, that's just rude. He's as entitled to post his opinion as you are to post yours. Grow up.

My Apologies to Jack... he is entitled to his opinion... and yes I was rude out of frustration at him consistently shooting down our attempts to save the APAC community... once again Jack, sorry for being rude, but how about you call a truce between the people wanting to "try" anything to save the server... and let us see what we can do... we aren't asking you to participate in the Event or Sign the petition if you don't want to... but you would be more than welcome if you wanted to

APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT

7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - http://www.zer0ping.com

KEEP THE FAITH... SIGN THE PETITION FOR A COMBINED APAC SERVER

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

What a terrible "solution"!! The answer is simple to me, especially if its a maintenance cost issue:

3. Charge higher subs on APAC servers to support cost to maintain it (user pays)

All you would need to really do here to increase your margin is charge us in our Local currency instead of US currency and you would make more money

APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT

7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - http://www.zer0ping.com

KEEP THE FAITH... SIGN THE PETITION FOR A COMBINED APAC SERVER

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

Edited by Icykill_
Add something

i can see why the apac population is fighting so hard to keep their servers, for the first time ever they get to play on amazing ping, hardly any other mmos have done this, i get it , you dont want to go back to the ping you get from every other mmo, but sadly our population is terrible(please dont point me to the "calculated" pop, i play every day on dalborra and GD and i know its ****) Re merging to the US servers is not the best solution BUT regardless its a solution , so heres to bioware, cheers guys. Looking forward to the merge.

i can see why the apac population is fighting so hard to keep their servers, for the first time ever they get to play on amazing ping, hardly any other mmos have done this, i get it , you dont want to go back to the ping you get from every other mmo, but sadly our population is terrible(please dont point me to the "calculated" pop, i play every day on dalborra and GD and i know its ****) Re merging to the US servers is not the best solution BUT regardless its a solution , so heres to bioware, cheers guys. Looking forward to the merge.

I feel much the same. It'll be sad to see our servers go, I've really enjoyed the small community on Gav. It'll be nice to be on a bigger server though.

I feel much the same. It'll be sad to see our servers go, I've really enjoyed the small community on Gav. It'll be nice to be on a bigger server though.

Come to Dalbora... we would love to have you and we have a large vibrant community

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

HAHA he speaks like a politician. fking halarious now.

IF YOU STILHAVE HOPE, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. as im also having trouble moving on, but its what i shall do.

Edited by ZinBladez

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

Well done. You have managed to do the one thing that is WORST than your previous decision. Scattering Apac players far and wide across even more servers. Totally destroying any sense of community.

That is it. You have just lost my sub now too.

If the pings are any indication then i'm with Amlici on this and i'm outta here. Cya Bioware. If however they plan on addressing this issue and fixing it then they may just save enough face to actually keep the profits they're clearly after. Be honest guys this has nothing to do with a better gaming experience it's all about making a few extra bucks in their own pockets by cutting costs. So Bioware tell us how you plan on addressing this if at all. If not then i'll leave and i'll take my money with me. So will a hell of a lot of other people. and there goes that extra money your chasing guys.

I'm one of the ones who's been asking for a choice in servers but the main reason for that, is that I want to return to the server I was on before I transferred to an APAC server. I wan to return to my old guild and that is not a west coast server. It's an east coast server. Can we please have that choice? I really can't see any good reason not to allow us to choose a west or east coast server.

I'm glad there has been a reply on this matter but as seems so often the case, it's fallen short of what was actually being asked.

AND THIS IS A DISCUSSION FOR APAC PEOPLE... so if you have characters on our servers... you were stupid to roll them here anyway...

This discussion is for all affected. It isn't limited to Aussies, either. Asian Pacific... Hmmm, might that include, ummmm, Asian type countries? I'm one of the 'stupid' ones who rolled on Dal. My friends play there, they are Aussie, Kiwi, Singapore... etc. Oh hell, why am I trying to explain this to you. I choose to accept my rate of ping, in order to play with my friends. No choice is given to them, in being forced to play on a server here. You sound like an angry lil person. Go have a hug or a cookie.

Just like Eric said, the reason they are not merging APAC servers is because there is NOT enough population to justify doing so. If they did in fact merge all the servers its like kicking the can down the road. In a few months people will be complaining about server populations again. They are doing what unfortunately will be the end result which is merging the servers into NA servers.

When populations of games decrease this is what happens folks. If pings were top priority over population this thread wouldn't have even been made.

That's a point a lot of people simply don't get. We would all prefer to stay on locally hosted servers. Of course we would. But it's simply not going to happen. There's a reason no other big MMO does it (people have mentioned planetside but I'd never heard of that til this thread so it can't be that big). People have been saying for months that we would reach a point where APAC servers were no longer viable. If you didn't see this coming then you're looking at things through rose coloured glasses.

I just wish they'd be honest about it and stop pretending it's about improving our experience. I've signed the petition but I doubt EA will keep servers going if the population keeps declining. The fact is, population wouldn't have declined so much if they'd done something about it months ago. No matter how this pans out, I doubt we'll get our local servers with fast ping times. If you can't bear playing on US servers then I guess the only other choice is to unsub. Me personally, I'm holding out hope that we'll at least get to choose any US server. Not just 3 west coast servers.

That's a point a lot of people simply don't get. We would all prefer to stay on locally hosted servers. Of course we would. But it's simply not going to happen. There's a reason no other big MMO does it (people have mentioned planetside but I'd never heard of that til this thread so it can't be that big). People have been saying for months that we would reach a point where APAC servers were no longer viable. If you didn't see this coming then you're looking at things through rose coloured glasses.

I just wish they'd be honest about it and stop pretending it's about improving our experience. I've signed the petition but I doubt EA will keep servers going if the population keeps declining. The fact is, population wouldn't have declined so much if they'd done something about it months ago. No matter how this pans out, I doubt we'll get our local servers with fast ping times. If you can't bear playing on US servers then I guess the only other choice is to unsub. Me personally, I'm holding out hope that we'll at least get to choose any US server. Not just 3 west coast servers.

They are allowing a free transfer of your choice to a server but if you fail this then your coming on the ride to the merge locations lol. So all the people that don't want to play on the bastion get ready for this option and take it but choose very wisely because the next transfer won't be free :eek:

" When we asked you for your suggestions, we found that many players expressed a desire to move to servers in the US which already have higher populations as a result of the server consolidations, while others liked the idea of an Asia-Pacific “super-server”."

I keep seeing this yet I was never asked, my friends were never asked, most people on this thread were never asked, most people on the Dal server didn't even know about this until it came up in /1 chat...

You guys at BW can quite plainly see that many players have expressed a desire to NOT move to NA servers, stop flogging that dead horse and "fess up"

I'm one of the ones who's been asking for a choice in servers but the main reason for that, is that I want to return to the server I was on before I transferred to an APAC server. I wan to return to my old guild and that is not a west coast server. It's an east coast server. Can we please have that choice? I really can't see any good reason not to allow us to choose a west or east coast server.

I'm glad there has been a reply on this matter but as seems so often the case, it's fallen short of what was actually being asked.

I totally support your request and I hope that Bioware listens, as well as listens to people who would like to move to EU servers.

i play on dalborra and i know US pops blow us out of the water

We don't all sit around waiting for queue pops in fact I'd bet that the majority of those vocal people that complained do exactly that.

I have 13 characters on Dalborra and on only one occasion did I complain to my guild mates about the wait time.

Regardless I have managed to get a 50 a few 40 somethings and my lowbies into as many instances as I have wanted to without to much problem. longest wait time I ever had was 20 mins, which even WoW has as DPS.

I feel for the people on the other two servers that are dead sure but lets kill the majority to suit the individual, if in fact that's true, and it not just because our servers with the US dollar are now costing them to much.

Put out a real question to ALL of us oceanic players and see what the response is.

I only found out about merger yesterday :( hopefully they will hear us but I highly doubt it

ive had heaps of fun on the pvp server and met a lot of nice people along the way , im not going to unsub as of yet and see how things turn out *finger's crossed*

anyway gg to all pubs and imps , ive had heaps of fun playing thankyou all

Jedibunyip

We don't all sit around waiting for queue pops in fact I'd bet that the majority of those vocal people that complained do exactly that.

I have 13 characters on Dalborra and on only one occasion did I complain to my guild mates about the wait time.

Regardless I have managed to get a 50 a few 40 somethings and my lowbies into as many instances as I have wanted to without to much problem. longest wait time I ever had was 20 mins, which even WoW has as DPS.

I feel for the people on the other two servers that are dead sure but lets kill the majority to suit the individual, if in fact that's true, and it not just because our servers with the US dollar are now costing them to much.

Put out a real question to ALL of us oceanic players and see what the response is.

if a player cannot enjoy a certain aspect of the game adequately the server is considered low pop imo, your argument about "wait times" is kinda flawed here, i enjoy pvp i want good pvp pops, you enjoy alting and do a various other things i dont, i would like the game to cater to my undying thirst of pvp as well. The US server provides me with adequate amounts of pvp to quench my thirst. So im quite happy with the move. But i dont expect the rest of you to be as well, you are all entitled to your respective opinions. But please dont shoot down other peoples PoVs this game is played in many different ways not just your way.

if a player cannot enjoy a certain aspect of the game adequately the server is considered low pop imo, your argument about "wait times" is kinda flawed here, i enjoy pvp i want good pvp pops, you enjoy alting and do a various other things i dont, i would like the game to cater to my undying thirst of pvp as well. The US server provides me with adequate amounts of pvp to quench my thirst. So im quite happy with the move. But i dont expect the rest of you to be as well, you are all entitled to your respective opinions. But please dont shoot down other peoples PoVs this game is played in many different ways not just your way.

I merely responded in kind.

You said the pops on Dalborra are crap, or insinuated it anyway, where for me they are not, and as everyone has said allow those that want to to transfer off and those that do to stay, there would be far more staying, and possibly coming from the NA servers.

Hopefully you started on an NA server and are understanding what you are asking for, as an avid PvPer I am surprised you are happy to be behind the 8 ball.

or maybe you are lucky enough not to have a 300 plus ping to the NA servers in prime time.

Announcement? Where? They've made no widely available announcement to all APAC players. Yet in less than 24 hours, already in excess of 400 people have signed a petition protesting against this decision. And they only know of it through word of mouth.

Just image how much that discontent will blow out once they actually inform most APAC players that their servers will going away.

An ea/bioware customer support person named Eric musco announced it in this very thread, search back. Or did you already see it and are just so blind by rage you don't want to accept it?

If it wasn't going ahead he wouldn't of made it known.

Petition isn't going to change this action bl for the people who like the servers now but I'm glad this is happening. Just my opinion.