Try as I might, I can't get a group.

There isn't a "better" solution until Bioware creates incentive to run level 50 FP again.

Right now, you get a pittance of basic comms, and no ultimate comms or anything useful to a level 55.

The only people with any real use for Basic comms are new 55s - who if they don't have an alt that's already 55, can't really make use of them because of the required reputation standing, or crafters, who want the schematics from the vendor.

That's pretty much it. And once someone has all the useful schematics, they're not going to try to accumulate basic comms anymore.

Because of all this, fully 1/2 (or more) of the player base likely never sets foot anymore in a level 50 flashpoint - hardmode or story mode. Before they "fixed" the bug that would allow a level 50 HM to count to the 55 weekly, I'd still queue in on either on any of my chars and do both. Now? No reason to queue for a 50 HM since i get nothing useful for it.

Maybe if a 50 HMFP dropped Campaign gear, I'd run it for an alt, but there's no point in accumulating Black Hole gear with no set bonus that you can quickly out-craft at level 53. This is especially true since the BH level piece that drops is completely random and may have no utility to anyone in the group - seen it several times. They really need to re-examine what content drops what gear, to be honest, as well. Right now there's zero incentive to run old content for anything other than achievements.

Edited by SturmUndSterne

Right now there's zero incentive to run old content for anything other than achievements.

And even this much isn't a great incentive to actually use GF for that old content. If you're going for achievements, that means you need pretty much ALL of the bosses, including the ones that GF groups almost always skip (every bonus boss, the general in Black Talon, like half of Boarding Party, whatever boss it was you can skip in Battle of Ilum....). With the level cap at 55, it's easy enough to just solo the 50 HM's so that you can actually kill ALL of the bosses needed for achievements, not just whichever bosses your average GF speed-run feels like killing.

Dont worry, only a matter of time until they reintroduce them as the "NEW" lvl 60 Flashpoints!

Nah, that's obviously going to be Red Reaper, Collicoid War Games.

Sadly, whereas you were joking a bit, I'm being 100% serious.

The only people with any real use for Basic comms are new 55s - who if they don't have an alt that's already 55, can't really make use of them because of the required reputation standing, or crafters, who want the schematics from the vendor.

15 basic coms (daily+gf daily) are worth ~80k, converted to isotope. Combined with the daily money it's ~100k a day for an easy fp.

No point after that 1, mind.