Dev's Secret huge buff to stealthers

assatrap

Alright seems iam pretty much retired from ranked this season and going forward (no longer going to be any unique rewards all recycled ****). I might as well give away this. Very very few people using this even fewer has complained lol. This buff is probably unintentional just goes to show how clueless devs are about PVP mechanics hehe.

I know iam going to be hated for exposing this **** but I dont care those who play ranked already secured their rating.

Hint 1: This secret buff applys pretty much exclusively to stealthers

Hint 2: Its useful in regs but almost OP and BROKEN in arenas especially ranked under some circumstances (zero value in pve)

Hint 3: 5.10 update

Hint 4: funny enough it has not been up to you if you have this secret buff or not

Now you got all the information you need. If you wanna reveal this secret stealth buff it in this thread or keep it to yourself.... its up to you!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright seems iam pretty much retired from ranked this season and going forward (no longer going to be any unique rewards all recycled ****). I might as well give away this. Very very few people using this even fewer has complained lol. This buff is probably unintentional just goes to show how clueless devs are about PVP mechanics hehe.

I know iam going to be hated for exposing this **** but I dont care those who play ranked already secured their rating.

Hint 2: Its useful in regs but almost OP and BROKEN in arenas especially ranked under some circumstances (zero value in pve)

Hint 4: funny enough it has not been up to you if you have this secret buff or not

Now you got all the information you need. If you wanna reveal this secret stealth buff it in this thread or keep it to yourself.... its up to you!

This is an interesting puzzle. Hint 1 leads me to believe it has something to do specifically with the fact that stealthers can vanish. because u said almost exclusively (mara/sent vanish). Hint 2 then makes my guess for hint 1 pointless since vanish can very extremely useful In pve (operations rez that does not include the team single rez sin/shadow gets 1 free rez, ops/scoundrel get as many as they want) Hint 3 , 5.10 patch notes has literally nothing involving stealth classes or changes to utilities. Hint 4, honestly no clue what to make of it.

Final thought: unless they broke a utility that I am not aware of (the ones I choose all seem to work properly), then I have no clue what you are referring to. Anyone else got some guesses?

Hint 1 = "pretty much," so some stealther specs may not be affected

Hint 2 = makes me think a stealth ability renders damage null, in regs this would be useful, but in arenas where the only difference is the match goes to acid so avoiding acid deaths would be arena only meaning somehow this bug escapes acid?

Hint 3 = 5.10 just means it's another bug thanks to 5.10, can't see how this is a clue to anything relevant

Hint 4 = This proves that it's either specific specs or specific stealth classes that get the buff, while others do not. You don't get to make the bug happen it is only available to specific class/specs whether it's via a particular ability only a certain spec or specs have, or it's just bad coding that grants this bug to random different stealth specs, who knows?

Edited by Lhancelot

This is an interesting puzzle. Hint 1 leads me to believe it has something to do specifically with the fact that stealthers can vanish. because u said almost exclusively (mara/sent vanish). Hint 2 then makes my guess for hint 1 pointless since vanish can very extremely useful In pve (operations rez that does not include the team single rez sin/shadow gets 1 free rez, ops/scoundrel get as many as they want) Hint 3 , 5.10 patch notes has literally nothing involving stealth classes or changes to utilities. Hint 4, honestly no clue what to make of it.

Final thought: unless they broke a utility that I am not aware of (the ones I choose all seem to work properly), then I have no clue what you are referring to. Anyone else got some guesses?

It might not apply because it only lasts for 4 seconds, doesn't take you out of combat so you can't heal or take any other 'out of combat' action, it resets nothing and the red dot can be seen on the mini-compass immediately after the 4 second time so being behind a wall or other sort of cover doesn't let you be undetected, they can see exactly where you are and just go there.

Also, as people know they will reappear in 4 seconds, especially in an arena, you can't get far and they just lay aoe-slows and such. The Mara/Sent won't get out of ranged range limits in that time [30-35']. Additionally, the 'threat drop' component [actually it's not a threat drop it all, only a threat reduction] also doesn't apply.

Without knowing 'the details' it may be that other limited forms as such are mitigating factors. No one calls or considers Maras/Sents 'a stealth class'. They are as in your face as it gets.

TL;DR - Maras/Sents aren't 'stealthers.'

I have no idea in the slightest what he is referring to even with all the hints and I have formal Criminal Investigation training. All the hints he has given have done is frustrate me and piss me off. :rolleyes:

@OP - If you are going to make a thread about revealing some secret to other players as you consider it 'unfair' and it no longer effects you anyways, than just tell people what the hell it is so people see don't see cheats everywhere and don't start raising conspiracy theories.

I'm sure Saddam is responsible for it some how.

TELL US DAMMIT!!!!!

or you know. this is a nub who discovered blackout is now part of stlth.

or hes trolling.

in fact since he clearly stated he will not be telling you himself this is a completely pointless post with no validity or proof of.. well anything, besides a rando forum post.

or you know. this is a nub who discovered blackout is now part of stlth.

or hes trolling.

in fact since he clearly stated he will not be telling you himself this is a completely pointless post with no validity or proof of.. well anything, besides a rando forum post.

lol.

Seterade, just spill the beans already. I know you enjoy stealths and ranked, so chances you know this secret are quite high. Send me a PM, I promise not to snitch on you!

P.S. Hey Op, this riddle is the most exciting thing to happen to these PVP forums in years btw. (Sad days!)

Edited by Lhancelot

I play quite a bit of stlth in solo ranked and I have not noticed a single difference in my gameplay, acid mechanics, dcds, damage taken, stlth level or ability to see other stlth.

and the thing about his post.... he spent a bunch of words trying "hint" at "something" but the reality after you take his post apart is all he said is "stlth classes have some change after 5.10" then he made it sound super important like it game changing to people elo climb but.... he managed to excuse himself from ever actually letting on anything at all by stating he would not be revealing it.

there is no reason at all to speculate on this. unless he gives a tangible clue (like when I said the low slash 2 sec hrd stun is based on range to target) this has no validity, proof, evidence, and/or is posted by someone with any forum credence. in fact no one has any idea who he is, what hes talking about and it could just be some blue elo guy who got trolled by a top 3 in ranked discord and now thinks hes revealing some top 3 super secret

https://imgur.com/a/uOvXzyT

https://imgur.com/a/XjLtgkB

you can clearly see from these leaderboard shots of solo ranked no stlth classes is pulling any omega backfill/wintrade/supersecret GLITCH EXPLOIT!!

the ratings in solos are medicore across the board at best, and to give you a good idea of what 1500 elo is, its winning 12 of your first 20. thats how hard 1500 is. so if there was a theortical exploit dont you think elos would be higher?

Edited by Seterade

Guild recharge drones. Known issue.

Yeah but does this only work with stealth classes? I thought about that too when thinking back on how someone complained about "an Op" healing up extraordinarily fast due to the guild perk, but figured guild perks worked with all classes not just stealth.

lol.

Seterade, just spill the beans already. I know you enjoy stealths and ranked, so chances you know this secret are quite high. Send me a PM, I promise not to snitch on you!

P.S. Hey Op, this riddle is the most exciting thing to happen to these PVP forums in years btw. (Sad days!)

Glass half-full kinda peep right there! ^^^^^^

Yeah but does this only work with stealth classes? I thought about that too when thinking back on how someone complained about "an Op" healing up extraordinarily fast due to the guild perk, but figured guild perks worked with all classes not just stealth.

They have to do something about that, that is such cheese I can't even believe it. The amount of toxicity that is going to result from it is gonna be a big problem. Now, I'm not blaming the players who are gaining these benefits persay because they are not suppose to be getting them applied in PVP and HM/NiM Operations [it might just be NiM I don't recall at the moment].

I can tell you that is has already set off the Bee-hive on Parsely because these guys are trying to sneak their parses through where they gained massive benefits from some of these perks that spiked their numbers significantly higher than they should be 'normally' possible straight up.

In the Raider community, Parsley IS a competitive based forum/calibrator, even the relative DPS chart is being twisted out of proportion when it comes to the base specs thremselves. Now I know to PVPers that kinda thing doesn't matter, but when you need to be able sustain optimal DPS levels for success or failure of content, these basis' are in part in which they consider for the best compliment choices for raid teams and such.

With regard to parse preformances in various raids and difficulty levels, Parsley serves the raiding community much like 'Top 3' and ranked levels do to PVPers. So, it's competitive to them.

Who knows better than PVPers about how competitive attitudes result in flame wars and toxicity?

Yeah, the general perspectives are a bit different, but calling someone an 'elitest' in raider land is not far off from calling a PVPer a toxic flamer.

They have already begun the process of taking down parses that are found to have utilized some of these 'guild perks', which I'm glad about, they should, but that's not going to stop people, and more relivantly to here, PVPers from using these boosted performances from guild perks to call other people baddies, shltters, and autistic and some of the other totally non-straight euphemisms they use in the hopes those gains will make people think they aren't in fact virgins and total uber-dorks IRL, which naturally most of them are.

If your team wins the match and had any of these lame *** perks going on, your team didn't win the match and the people on the others team you can count on them telling you and the rest of fleet that your team 'cheated'.

I'm not sure the distinction is that far from the truth. Can't expect people to be okay with it, and they won't be and nor should they.

That's all PVP needed, more extra lives at 4 second intervals, to say nothing of the other possible benefits they grant.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I really dont care what you personaly do. my issue with generations of people growing up today is so much of what we do is wrong and has such negative effects. you want to call it being a snowflake? thats fine if thats your opinion, but in this case, you used "queer" (u comes after q in english) from a negative perspective. basicaly you just told every gay person that their sexual preference and what attracts them to others is bad/wrong. how would it feel if someone could use "straight" like that? what if you had been born gay, no woman could ever turn you on, then you find out that a vast amount of your country has decided you were either choosing to not like girls/guys or you were born defective.

tolerance and acceptance begins with you, not with someone else. be a leader rather than a follower.

Edited by Seterade

****, the hypocrisy, my sides are acheing from laughter.

but not a joke, reported. I hope you get banned again.

No wonder no one is on this forum anymore or they can’t say what’s on their mind. Everyone is having this happen from multiple sources and people can’t be bothered posting anymore.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I really dont care what you personaly do. my issue with generations of people growing up today is so much of what we do is wrong and has such negative effects. you want to call it being a snowflake? thats fine if thats your opinion, but in this case, you used "queer" (u comes after q in english) from a negative perspective. basicaly you just told every gay person that their sexual preference and what attracts them to others is bad/wrong. how would it feel if someone could use "straight" like that? what if you had been born gay, no woman could ever turn you on, then you find out that a vast amount of your country has decided you were either choosing to not like girls/guys or you were born defective.

tolerance and acceptance begins with you, not with someone else. be a leader rather than a follower.

Come on, really? I’m a lesbian and I take it with a grain of salt like most do. We aren’t snowflakes, you learn to get a thicker skin when you put up with 10000x worse in everyday life.

It doesn’t offend me, so it shouldn’t offend you if you’re not even gay.

Plus I know Grim, he didn’t mean it the way you think he did.

I’ve even got a tank top that says “I’m queer and proud of it”.

You strike me different some how, can't really put a finger on it.

I used to care about this game and I thought devs did too. I thought my input made a difference.

I no longer think that. most of my posts of late are either a mockery of something particulary comical or my own take on a buff/nerf. but since I know that the devs have no interest in pvp balance, I no longer have an investment anymore.

Come on, really? I’m a lesbian and I take it with a grain of salt like most do. We aren’t snowflakes, you learn to get a thicker skin when you put up with 10000x worse in everyday life.

It doesn’t offend me, so it shouldn’t offend you if you’re not even gay.

Plus I know Grim, he didn’t mean it the way you think he did.

I’ve even got a tank top that says “I’m queer and proud of it”.

I am not personaly gay, but have a few friends who are, and all of them have voiced at one point or another that when someone uses "gay/queer/f**" to decribe something negative it is in fact offencsive. however they all agree you pick your battles.

myself? I choose to take a moment aside an let people who choose to talk that way know how it makes people feel. you can either choose to "accept" this world, or you can make change. no one is forcing you.

its funny tho... from first person exp, people who talk like that tend to listen more to people who arent in a defencsive prespective. meaning it seems to be worth listening to if your told by straight person to stop being a jerk, rather than a gay person trying to defend themselves.

Edited by Seterade

I used to care about this game and I thought devs did too. I thought my input made a difference.

Yes, I can totally relate to this. What a shame Bioware give less of a damn about their own game as we do.

Imagine if they listened to player feed back and had two way conversations instead of dictating to us what we should like.

I still care about the game, but I gave up on my input ever making a difference unless the whole community cries out in the same way to support it. Even then it’s mostly pointless. Look at what theyve done constantly since 5.0 and all the bad feed back they get.

They will never learn from their mistakes and I’m past giving a crap about what I say. I use to try and be politie to them and give constructive feed back. But if they don’t care to communicate or listen, then why should I care to be polite.

I’m at the point that I call it as I see it. If it’s overly harsh and critical, it’s because I can’t be bothered to word it in a way to not offend them for *********** up yet again!

I no longer think that. most of my posts of late are either a mockery of something particulary comical or my own take on a buff/nerf. but since I know that the devs have no interest in pvp balance, I no longer have an investment anymore.

I am not personaly gay, but have a few friends who are, and all of them have voiced at one point or another that when someone uses "gay/queer/f**" to decribe something negative it is in fact offencsive. however they all agree you pick your battles.

myself? I choose to take a moment aside an let people who choose to talk that way know how it makes people feel. you can either choose to "accept" this world, or you can make change. no one is forcing you.

its funny tho... from first person exp, people who talk like that tend to listen more to people who arent in a defencsive prespective. meaning it seems to be worth listening to if your told by straight person to stop being a jerk, rather than a gay person trying to defend themselves.

The context it was used in is the same context as saying "That was silly as hell, or that was dumb"

That movie was G**.

Now, I'm not going to try to defend a comment that the word in question was used as an adjective. If you're going to tell me you never said something was Q**** as in, lame or silly, or unreasonable, I'm going to call you a liar.

You didn't report me because you thought I was using a disparaging remark about people of that sexual orientation. And not that I feel the need to justify it any further, but just for shiz and giggles, my brother is **** sexual and I couldn't possibly care less. I have spent more time with him than literally anyone else in the world. I could not possibly care less what a persons sexual persuastion is, what is this 1955? I live in NYC, no one gives a rat's *** what color, sexual persuation, religion, ethniticy, culture, or background is.

there is only one constant that is true of all people no matter who, what, where, they are from, believe, worship, like to have sex with, what langguage they speak. They all bleed the same color. I was a patrol officer for 6 years, I have delbt with people every possible configuration, sexually, religious, cultural, homeland, I don't make distinctions of that type when it comes to people unless I have to in the incident report. I have seen people of every one of those categories and ones I didn't even mention bleed, every last one of them bled the same color I do.

Trixxie is a lesbian and I love her like crazy.

If my use of that word upset anyone other than Seterade, I humbly apologize for my insensitivity in it's use.

It was a thoughtless remark used in a very general fashion as in it's usage in common parlance. It's use was not meant to offend. I will endeavor to be more aware of using it in such a fashion in the future. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Seterade, be very careful what you post from now on.

I can honestly say 100% for a fact after the gay rights movement in the 2000s (I was 10 yrs old in the year 2000, I wasnt even really old enough to use it let alone understand it.) I stopped using "gay" that way. I never used queer or f** to begin with. and it is exactly why I reported you. I dont use pretty words or dodge confrontation. social skills arent my forte.

a better and more honest friend youll rarely find... but you have to be a good person too.

I will however admit that I still use "gay" in a slightly insulting way. it is when someone literaly does something gay but is known to be straight. in which I will proceed to call his/her action "gay" but meaning, "dont do that"

Edited by Seterade

I can honestly say 100% for a fact after the gay rights movement in the 2000s I stopped using "gay" that way. I never used queer or f** to begin with. and it is exactly why I reported you. I dont use pretty words or dodge confrontation. social skills arent my forte.

It must be a cultural thing in the US or EU because in Australia we (the gay community) took ownership of both words and used them extensively to identify ourselves.

I should point out that the 2000s was not when the gay rights movement started or took off, at least not in Australia. Ours goes back to 1978 with the first Mardi Gras.

I have been to every parade since I turned 18 in the 80’s. By the 90’s the parade was widely accepted. By the 2000s we had laid the all the hard ground work to get recognised in Australia. There have still been hard fights to get full rights (we have marriage equality now), but the 2000s weren’t the movement years for us. The real movement for gay rights started 20 years early.

You can read about the history of the Mardi Gras here http://www.mardigras.org.au/history

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I have a legit question for you grim. how in your opinion does your brother feel when you refrence his sexuality as "silly" I believe you put it.

I was born with autism (granted its the highest level) and I had a very rough beginning, being adopted to another family for very good reasons. (maybe a little personal but as an adult I recognize this is not a secret its a definer) due to various... negative peer interactions, I became highly empathic at a young age. I grew up asking "how does this make another person feel?". my brothers, my whole family even, would never dream of using "autistic" as anything more than a description of an actual symptom. changing your own behavior because you are (lets use this word for lack of a better one) "woke" is important for everyone as they grow up. its what changes in you when people stop calling you a "kid" and start calling you "man" (this isnt the only reason but a big one). these are just words for thought. you could have 6 gay brothers and 11 gay friends... but do you think that makes acceptable to refrence their sexual prefrence as "silly"?

it is exetremely important in a world llike ours, as intelligent as we , a race, have become that we think about each first rather than ourselves... which is what this is about. people in this world get hurt by what you say, and the gay one isnt a secret, its everywhere. the golden rule "if you wouldnt want it done to you, dont do it to others."

I think what Im really asking... grim? do you have to use "gay" or any variation of it (that means something real to people) when you could just say "silly".

It must be a cultural thing in the US or EU because in Australia we (the gay community) took ownership of both words and used them extensively to identify ourselves.

I should point out that the 2000s was not when the gay rights movement started or took off, at least not in Australia. Ours goes back to 1978 with the first Mardi Gras.

I have been to every parade since I turned 18 in the 80’s. By the 90’s the parade was widely accepted. By the 2000s we had laid the all the hard ground work to get recognised in Australia. There have still been hard fights to get full rights (we have marriage equality now), but the 2000s weren’t the movement years for us. The real movement for gay rights started 20 years early.

You can read about the history of the Mardi Gras here http://www.mardigras.org.au/history

there was a gay rights movement in the 2000s when Iwas 10 (becoming old enough to be aware) that was about gay right for marriage.

Edited by Seterade