Refined Isotope Stabilizer

modulate

It appears that by viewing posts going back to 2015. Everyone has an approach to getting these. In 2018 and updates. What are some of the best ways outside of GTN to looting these? Thank you for your time and help into this matter.

It drops from bosses in MM flashpoints and in all modes of Operations. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 113 of them - but I haven't done any master mode flashpoints or Operations.

I don't know where I've been getting them, (but, not buying, etc.). It would basically have to be from Alliance crates, command crates, veteran FPs, or some dailies (Iokath?). (That's about all I've been doing this past year.)

I'll try to remember to note it next time.

(Unless it was a recent change to just MM FPs)

Edited by JediQuaker

It appears that by viewing posts going back to 2015. Everyone has an approach to getting these. In 2018 and updates. What are some of the best ways outside of GTN to looting these? Thank you for your time and help into this matter.

What server are you on? I can give you my stock I dont need it, its a few hundreds.

They removed refined isotopes from Veteran flashpoints a few updates ago.

Now you can only get them from Master Mode flashpoints, all OPs, and warzone crafting boxes. The only guaranteed isotopes are from pvp, with the pve ones you have to roll for them and hope the RNG is with you.

All bosses in MM flashpoints drop an isotope you can roll on, this means most MM flashpoints have 3 isotopes, 4 if you do the bonus boss.

• 1 month later...
Refined Isotope Stabilizers also drop in the Arena on Zakuul.

Fade to Black...

Sorry for re-bumping this post but... Hey, I’ve similarly to the OP been in wondering how/best way to get this material or farm it. How many RIS drop from eternal champ arena? Does difficulty matter? And would farming an easy MM FP be better then the eternal arena or no? If you’re (or anyone else) able to answer thank you very much ahead of time (:

... wondering how/best way to get this material or farm it.:

As I said above, I have gotten them from veteran flashpoints. However, I can't say which specific flashpoint(s) it was, and in any case, it's a rare drop that had to be voted on, so that's not a good way to try to farm them.

I'd suggest that the best way to get them is to buy them from the GTN - it would be faster to farm the needed credits, than to farm the RISs themselves.

Sorry for re-bumping this post but... Hey, I’ve similarly to the OP been in wondering how/best way to get this material or farm it. How many RIS drop from eternal champ arena? Does difficulty matter? And would farming an easy MM FP be better then the eternal arena or no? If you’re (or anyone else) able to answer thank you very much ahead of time (:

I got an isotope as loot from the first round on solo mode, I only did rounds 1 to 4, but I did them a few times, so I'd guess the drop rate is about 1 in 10 at best, YMMV.

I generally only use refined isotope stabilizers for crafting dark projects. Many moons ago, you could craft dark projects with refined OR exotic isotope stabilizers, and the Jawa scrap peddler on the Fleet sells the exotic isotope stabilizers. Therefore, I'd just play as normal to earn command crates and get scrap drops.

Now, you MUST use refined isotope stabilizers for dark projects, and the only ways to get them are things I don't much enjoy. You can PvP or you can do group content and pray that you win the rolls (EVERYONE rolls "Need" for them).

Because I can't play the content that I enjoy and still get materials for dark projects, I haven't crafted one in a couple months. The devs need to put refined isotope stabilizers on the Jawa scrap vendor.

Edited by MorseGod

Because I can't play the content that I enjoy and still get materials for dark projects, I haven't crafted one in a couple months. The devs need to put refined isotope stabilizers on the Jawa scrap vendor.

...or Command Tokens or Unassembleds, or something.

Eight of them for one Dark Project is nuts.