Sith Inquisitor raid armor looks bad

monnstar

PvP gear dont look much better. But yea, our columi looks like POO! Basicly everything beyong the level 25 stuff looks horrible. The best looking armor were the ones we got in our teens. I tried to complaine about it before as well. It looks horrible, just horrible.

I've gotta admit, all the other Empire classes get awesome looking gear except Inquisitors. No idea why. Not one piece that screams "Hey, look at me! I'm an Assassin!". They all look like they were designed for casters, and even then they're hideous.

I've gotta admit, all the other Empire classes get awesome looking gear except Inquisitors. No idea why. Not one piece that screams "Hey, look at me! I'm an Assassin!". They all look like they were designed for casters, and even then they're hideous.

Warriors' droid-looking gear is no better than ours imo. Swapping the mods isn't a good idea, at least not yet, since we can't remove the Armoring mod in the pieces. Armoring mod in the PvP gear is what sacrifices PvE stats for PvP, so just swapping the Mod and Enhancement mods doesn't do any good.

Just checked, and I was right. If you look up the same tier for PvE and PvP armor, the removable mods have the same exact stats.

I agree when i looked at the sith inquisitor end game pve gear i vomited then i went blind for about 30 minutes. :(

At least you didn't get close enough to get poked by one of its 20 or so pointy ends and go blind for the rest of your life.

Very good point I never thought of doing that :D

make sure you have a good guild that likes you because I wouldnt allow you to raid in PVP gear... all stats count.

but, i do agree the gear is atrocious looking!!!

Edited by Daboozy

make sure you have a good guild that likes you because I wouldnt allow you to raid in PVP gear... all stats count.

but, i do agree the gear is atrocious looking!!!

Why? Doesn't Tier 2 PvP (Champion) gear still outdo anything one can get prior to raiding? I can't see not allowing someone to go Normal EV with full Champion Gear, he'd outgear most of the raid, it even outstats full Tionese (Tier 1 PvE) and is probably much easier to get.

I can't say it is much easier as I've not done the PvP grind myself, but I sure as heck see a lot more ppl fully geared in Champion gear than Tionese gear.

Why? Doesn't Tier 2 PvP (Champion) gear still outdo anything one can get prior to raiding? I can't see not allowing someone to go Normal EV with full Champion Gear, he'd outgear most of the raid, it even outstats full Tionese (Tier 1 PvE) and is probably much easier to get.

I can't say it is much easier as I've not done the PvP grind myself, but I sure as heck see a lot more ppl fully geared in Champion gear than Tionese gear.

ya, outdo PRIOR to raiding..... I thought the subject was raiding gear looks bad so that would show he has already been raiding which no, your pvp gear does not out rank PVE tear gear statistically. STATS count.

ya, outdo PRIOR to raiding..... I thought the subject was raiding gear looks bad so that would show he has already been raiding which no, your pvp gear does not out rank PVE tear gear statistically. STATS count.

Not necessarily, he said he looked at them at the Vendors.

ah ok... ya, for starting not a bad idea... but you cant swap out pve with pvp gear cause it looks cool when you start to raid.

Yeah, not to mention swapping ugly for ugly is rather pointless. We'll just have to wait til they implement the system that allows removal of setpiece mods.

PvP gear is acceptable up to Hard mode Operations, but in Nightmare mode you wont get a single boss down if you have PvP gear all over (except for pvp geared tanks, might be the exception, dunno since i play as a healer ^^)

OT: The Inquisitor PvE Tier gear looks like crap, or wait, calling it crap would be an insult to real crap, it is crapier than crap, it looks like the product of some blown-up items pieced together.

Edited by Miothan

• 4 weeks later...
Did BioWare at some point say they'd add the armoring mod into both PVE and PVP gear, so we'd be allowed to pull out ALL mods? I thought I read this somewhere.

From QaA that was released recently:

Bobonar: Will we be able to take the modifications out of our endgame pvp-sets and put them into a set that we like better (design-wise) and keep the bonuses?

Emmanuel Lusinchi: Yes, the set bonus will be carried by Armoring mods that work just like regular mods except that they only fit into specific types of items, such as chest items or boots items. So, for example, the set bonus from a chest piece can be moved to another chest piece, and the set bonus from a helmet can be moved to another helmet.

cant happen fast enough.

i refuse to change my helm and chest at the moment just as the t2/3 stuff is so awful i dont want my char wearing it.

set bonuses be damned.

the sets are beyond ugly. rep. sets are even worse.. at least im thankful i dont play that.

I find it funny at the amount of people that will forgo the better gear as well as set bonuses b/c they didn't like the look. Yet when a guy makes a female toon because it's nicer to look at while playing is frowned upon.

Well one is objectifying women, the other is objectifying objects.