Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

SliggXx's Avatar


SliggXx
02.16.2012 , 02:31 PM | #531
If this is as off-topic as you say it is, do you deny that there have been people expressing their dissatisfaction that this isn't in the game already, or being delivered in the immediate future?
Fannypack- 50 - Scoundrel/Sawbones Healer - Helm of Graush/PoF - The Last of Us

__The greatest person to have ever lived__

Cythereal's Avatar


Cythereal
02.16.2012 , 02:32 PM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by SliggXx View Post
If this is as off-topic as you say it is, do you deny that there have been people expressing their dissatisfaction that this isn't in the game already, or being delivered in the immediate future?
Yes. I'm also noting that Bioware has told you it is in the works, and that as soon as you race through the next flashpoint or operation to be added and figure all the quirks out of the next PvP adjustment, you'll be right back clamoring for more because that is the nature of what you're demanding.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
02.16.2012 , 02:33 PM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by SliggXx View Post
If this is as off-topic as you say it is, do you deny that there have been people expressing their dissatisfaction that this isn't in the game already, or being delivered in the immediate future?
No, a lot of people have expressed frustration that it's not in yet. But I do indeed deny that it's the point of this thread to define where in Bioware's list of priorities same-sex content should go.

Plus, I don't recall (and I may be wrong) anyone saying this content definitely should have higher priority than anything else. The replies to your comments, even now, are mostly asking why it should come last, not claiming it should come first.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
02.16.2012 , 02:35 PM | #534
For my part the main point of contention isn't when it's going in, but that we've had no contact from Bioware about it.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
02.16.2012 , 02:37 PM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Plus, I don't recall (and I may be wrong) anyone saying this content definitely should have higher priority than anything else. The replies to your comments, even now, are mostly asking why it should come last, not claiming it should come first.
Mayhaps they did in the context of story-related content.

But...no one is saying they must pull resources from PvP to work on this.

SliggXx's Avatar


SliggXx
02.16.2012 , 02:37 PM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
However, you will never be satisfied, just like players in every other MMO have never stopped clamoring for more content and PvP adjustments. You're asking for indefinite things without limit or end. We're asking for something definite and finite. And, incidentally, I'm a single-player focused, heterosexual gamer, and this still ranks high on my list. It's perhaps at the top of my list, in fact.
There are always tweaks and balancing, but every game has its pass/fail moment. A failure to fix the technical problems that this game is plagued with will result in a game that won't deliver on anything, including the content you wish to be added. That is my point. Certainly, the romance options will involve different designers behind the scenes, but to do this RIGHT, they will have to bring in voice actors and model designers. That costs money.

I am a Star Wars fanatic. I want to see this game succeed. Frankly I was not happy with a lot of the story-driven content in this game, especially the romance options, even those for heterosexual characters. I want to see more of it for both sexual preferences and more story-driven content. The problem is that if they don't fix the issues with the engine, the game will die a slow death.
Fannypack- 50 - Scoundrel/Sawbones Healer - Helm of Graush/PoF - The Last of Us

__The greatest person to have ever lived__

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
02.16.2012 , 02:39 PM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Mayhaps they did in the context of story-related content.
They might have. Like I said, I could be wrong.

Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
But...no one is saying they must pull resources from PvP to work on this.
Certainly not. A lot of people love PvP. I despise it but I still think PvPers should be able to voice their opinions as to what they want and in the end I hope they get something that satisfies them (for however long it does). I only ask the same courtesy in regards to story-driven content, and in particular same-sex content.

Why? Because it's part of what I enjoy - just like PvP is part of what a PvPer enjoys.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Paralassa's Avatar


Paralassa
02.16.2012 , 03:26 PM | #538
Hi there!

We recently removed or edited some posts in this thread. We ask that you please do not go off-topic by bringing real life morality, politics or religion into the discussion.

Due to the volatile nature of this discussion, we ask that this thread remain strictly on topic, which is how same-gender romances should be implemented in the game.

If another user begins to derail the thread, please do not reply and instead report (flag) the post so that our Community Team can remove the post. This will help keep the thread on topic.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
02.16.2012 , 03:30 PM | #539
I think I definitely need to update my list of preferred same-sex content implementation to include the matter of flirts being an extra option in addition to the standard three, irrespective of gender. It's a great idea. Nobody misses out on social non-flirt options, very equitable.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tamaranis's Avatar


Tamaranis
02.16.2012 , 03:40 PM | #540
It's true that people will never be satisfied with endgame PVE or PVP balance, but to be fair, that's human nature. However much we have, we want it more and/or better. The key to happiness may be wanting what you have, but the key to progress is striving for what you want.

But to be even more fair, that dissatisfaction and attempts to cater to it are a normal, stable part of an MMO. It's almost a certainty that before launch Bioware hired a permanent, full time staff dedicated to these issues. They'll be working on it as long as TOR remains viable. Because we're still in that shaky, early post-launch phase, that staff is probably being encouraged to take overtime.

There's no need to draw attention to that kind of thing. I'd be willing to be quite a bit of money there are people working on it this very second as I type this post.

What is less clear is what's being done to correct the oversight of there not being any same gender romances available in this game. Is anyone working on that?