Death in Flashpoint = 2 useless loading

Hi,

Can someone explain me this, or why it's not already changed? Why when you die, do you respawn OUTSIDE the flashpoint ( WOOT 1 LOADING FOR THE IMPERIAL FLEET), and then have to go back in ( WOOT ANOTHER LOADING) instead of just respawning at the start of the fp or at a checkpoint inside?

If the probleme is that they are afraid people come back in the actual fight too fast, they should just put an invisible barrier like in huttball.

But for god sake, make us respawn inside, not out, it's just plain stupid, and annoying for people who don't have a high end computer.

Regards,

Zarkis :mad:

Hi,

Can someone explain me this, or why it's not already changed? Why when you die, do you respawn OUTSIDE the flashpoint ( WOOT 1 LOADING FOR THE IMPERIAL FLEET), and then have to go back in ( WOOT ANOTHER LOADING) instead of just respawning at the start of the fp or at a checkpoint inside?

It's called a death penalty. Be glad it's such a trivial one. It also gives you a chance to repair easily before you go back in, which is nice.

Edited by imtrick

each load screen only takes a few seconds. maybe 10-15 max.. yes I agree it does seem odd to do it this way.. but it part of the design. if you take to long to load then maybe its time to..... UPGRADE your PC...

OK, that is one of those unhelpful fanboyish comments that dismisses a real issue. Ignoring problems doesn't help the game. And it isn't a matter of opinion that some people like and some don't. It is an annoyance that doesn't need to be there.

It is an annoyance that doesn't need to be there.

Like he said ;)

And sorry if i don't have money to UPGRADE MY PC, stupidest answer ever...

The real problem is not my pc, the problem is that those 2 loading are not usefull... and as far as i know, every fp, you come on a ship, so why not put a droid at the respawn point and that's it, problem solved, 2 loading removed, and the idea of the barrier like in pvp makes the death penalty ;)

So next time you answer guys, feel free to use your brain at least one second before telling something stupid...

This is an issue and needs to be fixed, and can certainly be easily

Like he said ;)

And sorry if i don't have money to UPGRADE MY PC, stupidest answer ever...

The real problem is not my pc, the problem is that those 2 loading are not usefull... and as far as i know, every fp, you come on a ship, so why not put a droid at the respawn point and that's it, problem solved, 2 loading removed, and the idea of the barrier like in pvp makes the death penalty ;)

So next time you answer guys, feel free to use your brain at least one second before telling something stupid...

Well, I have to disagree and say it needs to be this way. This helps prevent someone from dying and immediately getting back in the action. A penalty of sorts to make sure you cannot help the battle that is currently going on, at least not right away. The only way to fix it while still being in the FP would be to change the design to make you wait.

This certainly does not need to be fixed. It's pretty standard for most MMOs, adds a consequence for dying, and enables locking people out while combat's still going on. It's fine. It's more than fine -- it's far better than what you're proposing.

Did you really read my post? or just can't read man ? read again... there is a part on PUT SOMETHING LIKE A SHIELD IN PVP SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT A BIT, NOT BACK IN IMMEDIATLY...

Why do people answer without even reading... seriously...

Don't remind me.

Was in eseless and the bridge robot boss knocked me over the ledge into oblivion. Ok, corpse run to instance. The moment I enter, I spawn in oblivion and not the actual instance, and no way to get out of it. I try to relog but you quit the group if you press Esc. ROFL.

Did you really read my post? or just can't read man ? read again... there is a part on PUT SOMETHING LIKE A SHIELD IN PVP SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT A BIT, NOT BACK IN IMMEDIATLY...

Yes, I read it, but I read the original and hit reply to your last one. Why don't you be less critical and not assume so much.

Also, you said the idea of a barrier like in PvP makes a penalty. I didn't know what that meant anyway as I have not done PvP. You assume too much if you think everyone knows everything about the game just because you know it.

so what does it matter if you wait 30 sec behind a wall vs 30 sec of load screens.

makes no difference. keep it the way it is. at the very least, like somebody else said it gives you a chance to repair without having to leave again.

Is it better to have 2 loading ? or none? use your hdd like hell or not ? seriously, stop trying to find something just to say no it's stupid, if you think about it a second, there is NO downside to it, only an amelioration, if everyone was like you, games wouldn't evovle a bit...

i agree with the OP, my game takes at least a minute to load between instances, phases, whatever you call it, taking elevators im fine it loads immediately, but when i have to reenter a FP from the outside it takes a good minute for me too load everything in

it would be nice not having these two load screens