Asia Pacific Servers

Shadyvoid

Please BW, open up either transfers to the US servers and combine what's left of the population. Generally most days now there is a total max of 20 people online, and during peak hour maybe 50? It's a joke right now on Master'DarNala.

Either Combine the 3 Asia servers, enable cross realm pvp or allow us to transfer to the US servers. This is killing my motivation to play and the whats left of the population is quickly dieing off. I really am getting over logging into a ghost town as are many others I speak too. :(

Please BW, open up either transfers to the US servers and combine what's left of the population. Generally most days now there is a total max of 20 people online, and during peak hour maybe 50? It's a joke right now on Master'DarNala.

Either Combine the 3 Asia servers, enable cross realm pvp or allow us to transfer to the US servers. This is killing my motivation to play and the whats left of the population is quickly dieing off. I really am getting over logging into a ghost town as are many others I speak too. :(

:csw_trooper: Maybe it is only your (Master Dar'Nala) server, Dalborra is doing ok, at times there are two hundred plus in fleet and fifty on planet (Voss), also, combining all three servers would not work as they are different play styles. :csw_fett:

Edited by Anarchistic

:csw_trooper: Maybe it is only your (Master Dar'Nala) server, Dalborra is doing ok, at times there are two hundred plus in fleet and fifty on planet (Voss), also, combining all three servers would not work as they are different play styles. :csw_fett:

Why wouldn't it work? From what i can see all the severs are light or standard pop. And the play styles aren't that different. There's no world pvp in this game so that's not an issue?

I'm not sure I get what you mean?

Why wouldn't it work? From what i can see all the severs are light or standard pop. And the play styles aren't that different. There's no world pvp in this game so that's not an issue?

I'm not sure I get what you mean?

:csw_trooper: I’m not sure how the pvp works in this game, however, the others I have played you are auto flagged and cannot quest properly, this would not work for people that do not wish to pvp, that’s why they have separate servers. :csw_fett:

:csw_trooper: I’m not sure how the pvp works in this game, however, the others I have played you are auto flagged and cannot quest properly, this would not work for people that do not wish to pvp, that’s why they have separate servers. :csw_fett:

Oh ok that makes more sence. Im not sure if it auto flags, I don't think it does as I've never noticed it. Not to mention while I was leveling I barely got attacked ever. Its a pretty pve friendly based game with leveling, its not like wow.

Regardless something needs to be done, or that server is 100% done. Its a pity my main is on there :/

The reality is that there is no world pvp that happens in this game on any meaningful level. The questing areas are quite seperate between factions, and when servers were jam packed i made it to almost level 30 before running into an imperial.

If the pvp server was merged in to the pve one, under pve rules, the sad truth is that almost no one would notice a difference.

And, those that do notice the difference, and feel like they may have lost something... well, when the server your playing on is empty, there is no one at all to pvp with, open world or otherwise. While they might complain a little about the ruleset not allowing open pvp (which is non exsistant anyway), they would soon get over it when the warzones start popping 3 times as fast.

Master Dar Nala (MdN) is a ghost town. I rarely see it reach 100 people in the fleet, if ever. WZ's are starting to pop less and less frequently, and the competition is laughable. Rated Warzones between teams that actually want to play, and not just medal farming/win swapping is practically non exsistant too. There are also PvE only guilds on this so called PvP server.... It boggles the mind.

Yet i log onto The Bastion, and its least populated fleet has over 200 most times, even in the US off peak. Alot of people have already started rolling alt's there.

Merge the AU pvp server or allow transfers off it, and save yourself some subscribers while you can. Or else they will all leave due to no one to play against.

The reality is that there is no world pvp that happens in this game on any meaningful level. The questing areas are quite seperate between factions, and when servers were jam packed i made it to almost level 30 before running into an imperial.

If the pvp server was merged in to the pve one, under pve rules, the sad truth is that almost no one would notice a difference.

And, those that do notice the difference, and feel like they may have lost something... well, when the server your playing on is empty, there is no one at all to pvp with, open world or otherwise. While they might complain a little about the ruleset not allowing open pvp (which is non exsistant anyway), they would soon get over it when the warzones start popping 3 times as fast.

Master Dar Nala (MdN) is a ghost town. I rarely see it reach 100 people in the fleet, if ever. WZ's are starting to pop less and less frequently, and the competition is laughable. Rated Warzones between teams that actually want to play, and not just medal farming/win swapping is practically non exsistant too. There are also PvE only guilds on this so called PvP server.... It boggles the mind.

Yet i log onto The Bastion, and its least populated fleet has over 200 most times, even in the US off peak. Alot of people have already started rolling alt's there.

Merge the AU pvp server or allow transfers off it, and save yourself some subscribers while you can. Or else they will all leave due to no one to play against.

Well said, and totally agree

Just to remind everyone, these are NOT Asia Pacific Servers, but strictly Australian with 2 micro Asian countires put in to be associated with the biggest booming economic region in the world.. BW did not allow anyone outside that micro definition to fransfer to these servers. The real Asia is huge and increasingly global, tech savvy and English speaking.

Let's call a cat a cat, and not faceroll the size and revenue potential of Asia gamers.

I've thought of transferring to an American server to have more people to play with. But you know what holds me back?

The lag.

We're pretty lucky to have servers right here in Australia. After 7 years of playing WoW at 400ms lag (and having to pay an extra $7/month for a private proxy server to get it down that low), I don't think I could do it again now that I can actually interrupt casts, not stand in fire, etc, with my gorgeously low 75ms ping (I live in Perth, so I imagine even that sounds high to you spoiled easterners).

I'm happy to pay my $15/month to support a company that will physically chuck some servers into this corner of the world.

Agree with everything you wrote, master dar'nala is now the least populated asia pacfic server (dunno why the RP server is more popular - perhaps because a large swathe of pvpers left). They could even give players a choice go to Dalborra or a US PvP server.

The only caveat is that going F2P will probably improve it back to an acceptable level.

I've thought of transferring to an American server to have more people to play with. But you know what holds me back?

The lag.

We're pretty lucky to have servers right here in Australia. After 7 years of playing WoW at 400ms lag (and having to pay an extra $7/month for a private proxy server to get it down that low), I don't think I could do it again now that I can actually interrupt casts, not stand in fire, etc, with my gorgeously low 75ms ping (I live in Perth, so I imagine even that sounds high to you spoiled easterners).

I'm happy to pay my $15/month to support a company that will physically chuck some servers into this corner of the world.

I do agree with the fact that I also love the latency on these servers. But really, what's the point in having good latency when you have no one to play against or vs? You can have the best performance ever on a ghost town server, but what's that going to get you? I can't see F2P going to fix this issue either.

I would take 150-250 ping for instant ques over 35ms ping but 2-3 hour que times.

Hmmm... perhaps a merger of the oceanic servers.

I play on the RP server, and though it would constantly piss me off to see people named "a;ldsjfp3q29f " running around, I don't think there'd be too much of an impact on quality of life. The RP tends to be organized events, away from the usual areas of gameplay, and as mentioned before... the threat of world PvP when you're leveling an alt is so minimal that it shouldn't be a reason to "protect" vulnerable PvE alts.

Dalbora is dead. I love the game, love the latency but without a good range of people to play with i cant see the point of playing to just sit around in the endgame. Without an endgame levelling and questing just seems pointless. As a result i am also joining the others in unsubbing and leaving the game. I will be keeping an eye on its progress and when they finally balance the game, sort out their patching issues, i may return. But for now im not paying to play a game i cant really play. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered this game from Amazon (collectors edition) and have been playing since day 1. I merged to the Asia Pacific "servers" when they opened them. I have never played an MMO before. I love this game. It is ridiculous amounts of fun and my girlfriend is now hooked as well.

Bioware - PLEASE consider merging the three servers into a single pvp server. The reality is that there just aren't enough people playing on the pvp server, and as has already been mentioned, it is frequently devoid of active gamers. There are so many people who love this game, that live in this area, but are completely fed up with the lack in population.

Most likely you will wait and see what happens with your F2P options - but why not merge the servers now, so that when you do introduce F2P, the newbies will see the fleet and planets full of people and guilds and will actually be able to play frequent warzones and pop Flashpoints on the awesome group finder, and the GTN will be a buzzing hive of activity. A single, large, flowing player base will more likely convert them to purchasing a subscription than 3 relatively dead servers could ever do and people here want to play on a local server.

Repeating what has already been said, there is no need for a pve or a rp server here. There is no real world pvp until a certain level, and even then - barely any interaction. You have to really dedicate to the cause to be able to find someone from the other faction.

Merge the servers and watch the game thrive or keep them separated and see it dissipate. That is the reality of what will happen down this end of the world.

Repeating what has already been said, there is no need for a pve or a rp server here. There is no real world pvp until a certain level, and even then - barely any interaction. You have to really dedicate to the cause to be able to find someone from the other faction.

Er.

Given that it's the PvP server that has impossibly low numbers, and the PvE and RP servers have more in common with each other than with PvP, that statement comes off as a little skewed. Evidently, there are many more people who don't sign on for PvP than people who do, so if the servers are going to merge, it makes sense for them to merge to PvE.

PvE servers still have world PvP areas, so PvPers could still get their rage on without bothering the rest of us. And WZs and the like work the same whatever type of server you are on, I suppose. I'm not into PvP, as you might guess. And I don't fancy the ganking and free-for-all nature of a PvP server.

:csw_trooper: I agree with Vian, if you check the server conditions on any night you will find the PVE and RP-PVE always have a “standard” population, these ones are doing well, showing that more people wish to join PVE servers than PVP.

You can also check this out with the U.S east and west coast servers, where the aforementioned servers have greater activity than PVP servers, therefore, merge the Asia/Pacific servers into one PVE server if they ever intend to merge servers. :csw_fett:

Your only hope is to go to american servers. That are all running great on mine droogas at peak hours there's over 200 people on fleet with a 2nd instance and place like dromond kass have over 150. I have seen tons of Australians on my server I usually don't get to play with them cause if time zone difference.

Your only hope is to go to american servers. That are all running great on mine droogas at peak hours there's over 200 people on fleet with a 2nd instance and place like dromond kass have over 150. I have seen tons of Australians on my server I usually don't get to play with them cause if time zone difference.

:csw_trooper: Personally I’m quite happy where I am as I transferred from “The Jekk Jekk Tarr” back in April. Dalborra server still has many people in fleet (150 to 225) at night, so there is no complaining from my end as PVE is doing fine, just seems that those on PVP servers are not doing as well. :csw_fett:

It's good that there are people playing on the PvE and RP servers (or at least a standard population), but the PvP server is just dead, and it urgently needs some kind of a boost. A merge is ideal for us on the PvP. I know, in my case, the lag from playing on the US servers is just too much. Do we need three servers - could we not have a PvE and PvP? And if there are lots of Aussies playing on the US servers because of the population size, wouldn't this encourage them to play on the Asia Pacific servers?

The lag.

This is probably the most telling statement i've read in abit.

But back on topic, I'd love to see all 3 servers get merged but the logistics behind merging pvp servers into pve would be a nightmare and you can gurantee someone will cry about losing their world pvp (read ganking lowbies for a kick)

As I have said on the multi threads for this, I am happy for one server. i do think the best fit for "one" server is the PVE ruleset, those of us from the RP and PvP servers can adapt and run our own events.

Asking for the one server to be PvP rules is not going to work considering it is the lowest pop of the three.

OR, just close the PvP and RP servers and offer transfers anywhere.

Edited by Elkirin

Do we need three servers - could we not have a PvE and PvP?

How would going from three to two servers help? Do you think, given the choice between PvE and PvP as a transfer, the RP crowd would flock to a PvP server? PvE numbers would go up, and PvP ... not so much, I'm thinking.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but it's PvP that has the low numbers. Merging RP and PvE (which would be the upshot of what you are suggesting) is not going to change that.

Edited by vian

The Master Dar'Nala (PVP) server needs to merged with the PVE server ( as that is the logical choice). There's very little world PVP that goes on, so that's the only pvp aspect that never really happened.

The fleet is lucky to get to 70ppl on Peak times with the exception on raid nights.

I have seen the population go downhill, and its at a stage that every1 is worried on the Server that the server will become a ghost town in the near future.

Our server Needs to be merged with the PVE Server or else it is doomed sadly...

• 3 weeks later...