Gear dropping on flashpoints not for my class!

darkwarrior_

Running flashpoints on my Powertech pyrotech which is damage, drops are all tanking gear, this is broken! Not sure if bioware is trying to force people to play tank or heals as my gf on her sorc is getting all healing gear or tanking gear and mostly tanking gear, seriously bioware this needs fixed!!!!!

Running flashpoints on my Powertech pyrotech which is damage, drops are all tanking gear, this is broken! Not sure if bioware is trying to force people to play tank or heals as my gf on her sorc is getting all healing gear or tanking gear and mostly tanking gear, seriously bioware this needs fixed!!!!!

Happening on my dps deception assassin too.

Boss drops, but more precisely, group drops when there are only 2 deception sins and it only drops tank set bonus gear and tank tactical’s

Yes, tried to use current spec setting and also switching it to deception and it still drops tank stuff.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think whoever set up the loot tables by spec just tossed everything into them, without sorting things like tank or healer specific items into their respective disciplines.

If you look on the vendors (have not verified on sin, but for sure on sorc / merc), the drop down to show only items for your discipline will still show sets that are specific to other disciplines (I select madness, the healer sets still show).

And since I ticked off the RNG gods somehow, every time I get set gear it is for the healing discipline (I've gotten a full set of one, several pieces of the other, but never gotten a single sorc dps set item).

Also annoying is the new 'requires base class x' on the shell, preventing other classes from even wearing the item.

In the past, I've been able to drop the set armoring into legacy shells and use the gear on ANY character, even though the bonus only applied to the stated class and stated abilities.

They should remove the class equip restrictions as all it does is make farming gear on another character more annoying as I have to set up a second set of generic gear to use.

Edited by DawnAskham

The thing is, on the pts we pointed out this was a problem and they fixed it so it worked. Now it’s bugged in the live version.

What I want to know is how come the fix didn’t make it into the live version and why haven’t they fixed it considering it only took them a week to do it on the pts.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think whoever set up the loot tables by spec just tossed everything into them, without sorting things like tank or healer specific items into their respective disciplines.

If you look on the vendors (have not verified on sin, but for sure on sorc / merc), the drop down to show only items for your discipline will still show sets that are specific to other disciplines (I select madness, the healer sets still show)

exactly. I can verify that for all classes. It does not matter if you use the filter option, it still shows all gear. The only filter that is actually working is the one showing all (non-)affordable and (non)-usable by class, which is pretty redundant if you can not filter effectively by discipline.

In addition, it would be very helpful if there was some kind of prevention added to the game when you buy a random mod from the vendor without a discipline path locked in. I have seen quite a few messages from new/returning players who have done so and paid the tech fragments with no gear actually going into their inventory. Suffice it to say they were not exactly happy about that.

Edited by Phazonfreak

What I want to know is how come the fix didn’t make it into the live version and why haven’t they fixed it considering it only took them a week to do it on the pts.

They (specifically Eric) claimed the thing with the empty Renown crates was fixed on PTS, and people are still getting them on Live.

Also annoying is the new 'requires base class x' on the shell, preventing other classes from even wearing the item.

In the past, I've been able to drop the set armoring into legacy shells and use the gear on ANY character, even though the bonus only applied to the stated class and stated abilities.

They should remove the class equip restrictions as all it does is make farming gear on another character more annoying as I have to set up a second set of generic gear to use.

As a Space Barbie player, I would happily spend years collecting ALL of the sets if I could use them on ALL of my characters. Having sets restricted to 25% of my characters dims my enthusiasm by 75%.

They (specifically Eric) claimed the thing with the empty Renown crates was fixed on PTS, and people are still getting them on Live.

There is a lot of this expansion that still feels like it is in beta testing. While some of the pts seemed like it was better than live (when they fixed it).

It boggles my mind that the fixes on the pts haven’t made it into the live version or they broke them again. It’s sloppy work.

This really needs to be fixed. I have gotten both healing gear and tanking gear in my "DD " Sorc. This is my second toon this is an issue on.

I logged in on a different server and played a DPS Sorc and I got Healing gear, then a DPS warrior, and I got tanking gear.

I created a Sorc healer, and got her to level 20, and I did a FP and I got tanking gear in that one. Its almost like they want everyone to drop what they are doing and make a tank. O.o

Edited by lilredrottinghoo
adding to the post

• 1 month later...

Now we are 11-12 weeks past 6.0 launch and this bug still is not fixed. Even though they started an official bug thread asking for feed back 4-5 weeks ago.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9794040#post9794040

We don’t even know if they are reading it because they won’t reply to posts asking them if they have enough feed back to fix the bug.

I feel this won’t be fixed if we don’t keep asking for it. I also feel the bug thread was created to appease people and get these other threads to stop shining a light on this problem. (ie, out of sight, out of mind).

Here’s a list of all the other threads that were created about this bug since launch. Players have also post a heap of examples in the official bug thread, so we aren’t imagining this bug.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971647

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971604

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971553

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971520

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970649

What’s the bet I get forum “squelched” because I won’t let them sweep this under the carpet?