Operations / Group Finder Level Problem

Operations / Group Finder

Something is wrong with the operations and group finder. Due to the changes in GF we hardly ever queue any more, because the hassle is not worth it, but due to some new players in our guild we tried this weekend, but we ended up with issues and trying to explain to a newer player why he could not run an OP.

We were all pretty upset and frustrated over this issue and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or issues with GF breaking matched groups apart, and if so were you able to find a solution.

On Friday, 3 January we tried to run Dread Palace on the Imperial Side and for the first time a level 66 player with us could not enter the operation. He got a message stating he had to be level 70 to enter.

Unfortunately, I have no idea when this issue started as we had run some OPs after 6.0 with lower level toons (below 70), but lately everyone has been focused on gearing and we had not taken our lower level toons in OPs for a while. And as mentioned we have not been using GF any more due to the hassle.

This bug is really bad timing as we have a brand new player excited to be running an operations with us, but then could not enter the OP, walking in or using GF, even through group finder states level 55 - 75. Our OPs running for the weekend became complicated and long due to this bug.

We just tried EV on Imperial side again for GF and same problem, except it became more complicated when we had a major glitch with GF and it broke the group apart kicking some out of group and putting some in their own OPs group.

Its not a bug. Its a feature.

All operations save Dxun have been scaled to a minimum level of 70.

Players are no longer bolstered to level 70.

Players under level 70 can no longer run operations.

It sucks. I wish they'd go back and institute the balancing they had on the PTS with EV/DP/EC/TFB at level 50, SnV/TC/DF/DP at 55, Rav/Tos/CM at 60. Gods at... whatever it was at. And Dxun at 75.

Being able to run ops while leveling is a good thing. It expands the range of players able to run the content. Leave HMs for endgame if you want to, but with the scaling implemented they'd be fine honestly.

And, if they took it one step further and allowed preferred to enter ops they had the level to play... it'd be a massive breath of fresh air for the stagnant raiding community.

This just feels very lazy and is a HUGE oversight on their part. If you cannot run the content why are you even able to queue for it? I have the weekly mission for an OP, queue up, get into a group and cannot enter... The Activity Finder Filter literally says Recommended for characters level 50-75. A simple update to the parameters and text would help a lot.

SWTOR RAIDING PLAN FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS:

1) Stop making raids to alienate all the hardcore raiders

2) After a long drought, drop 1 raid boss at a time over another years period of time to really annoy the people left who raid

3) Release an expansion that includes a raid, but take away the ability for all players levels 50-69 to raid completely (not just the new one)

In summary, why not just release an official statement that you hate raiders instead of being passive aggressive about it???

• 1 year later...
I wanted to do recordings of the Dread Masters storyline as part of my webseries of Star Wars video. Now I can't continue it because I need to be at least level 70 to play the Operations that mention or involve the Dread Masters. Also, can't do Temple of Sacrifice on Yavin IV, thanks to the change. SWTOR team really needs to change it back to the way it was. They need to work out something fairer for the rest of us.