Keith's 3/4/2018 Interview with the Bad Feeling Podcast

Kurj

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good interview but I am not a fan of pvp. I don't do pvp mainly due to the people playing pvp. Why play pvp when I have to deal with people yelling at me for a mistake. People make mistakes but yelling at them just turns people off whether it is pvp or operations, etc.

I would like the idea of direct sales especially for decorations in the cartel shop.

Has this been transcribed anywhere or summarized? At work and can't listen. :(

From Reddit:

Roadmap

• Fiscal year ending and Keith is busy with meetings which delayed the roadmap.
  • Keiths first time as a Lead Game Producer (April marks a year since Keith took over from Ben) so this fourth quarter stuff is new to him.
  • Keith intends to have published a yearly overview of whats happening and have quarterly ”roadmaps”.
  • This ensures players gets info from the Team and not via data mining

PvE

• New Flashpoints and Operation in 2018
  • New augments are for Master Mode players & do not affect class balance
  • Keith understands people want a full new operation at the same time, and not occasional bosses
  • The item that is rewarded form Izak won’t be available in the Cartel Market.
  • Wings will continue to be PvE Exclusive, no reskins or CM variants.

PvP

• More Warzones/PvP Activities
  • Adjustments for Skank tanks are coming along with changes to utilities
  • New activities for PvP not only centred around warzones
  • Looking at new gearing options, expertise in the discussion

Conquest (with Eric initially instead of Keith)

• Changes due to rewards bug an to enable guilds of different sizes to compete for tiers of rewards.
  • More QoL changes, Solo vs Guild contribution, Guild Leaderboards
  • Tiers of planets, ”big” plants have higher tiers to gain rewards (hinted at high point req. for personal reward)
  • Objectives gives you credits, experience and CXP, the Conquest Rewards are not finalized
  • Cleanup on how Conquest Points are Rewarded
  • Conquest will be random, this is due to how crafting weeks have enabled guilds to craft loads the week before, Keith prefers less preparation.
  • Lots of repetition of what was posted in the Conquest Update thread around SH giving bonus etc.

Others

• Story in future focused Republic vs Empire and returning companions
  • More Guild activities
  • New Augments will use existing materials, hinted towards materials that costs ”millions”; which could mean the Charged Matter Transubstantiator.
  • Galactic Command is a secondary source for gearing, not primary, that isn’t intended to change going forward
  • A ”6.0” is what they would like to do, that would mean a significant content gap prior to it.
  • Direct Sale of CM Items is working very well and will continue
  • Credit Sinks are in the conversation due to inflation
  • Subscriber Rewards will continue over the next few months

Edited by RikuvonDrake

So a fan based podcast can get time with Keith, but the OFFICIAL FORUMS can go weeks and weeks and weeks and see nothing of him?

Really Bioware? Do you even understand the basics of customer relations?

You clearly do not.

All The Best

So a fan based podcast can get time with Keith, but the OFFICIAL FORUMS can go weeks and weeks and weeks and see nothing of him?

You clearly do not.

All The Best

Aren't they influencers? We still get to have new information so it's a win win anyway. Imo.

well...****....:(

I agree. Players with no tolerance for anything other than

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Until the REST of us are sick of it.

Republic vs. Empire means no fresh variation. Ever. Again.

No matter how much the imp vs. pub funs scream it'll be great content, it'll be the same old story, expressed this way or that, forever. Predictable. Monotonous. There are only so many ways, which we've seen in the companion stories, to roll out imperial versus pub. All we'll get at this point is more of the same. Different names, different minor schemes, but basically just a different way to get through the same story arc.

Nothing truly unique ever again.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Returning companions- You mean like the last ones that took maybe 5 minutes. It was a horrible way to return those companions.

As far as the Empire vs. Republic, then better be a way for characters that sided with the opposite side to continue to do that since they have decided that everyone has to support Empire vs. Republic no matter what you have done in your story.

While I understand some wanting this not everyone does but then again they don't pay attention to those that like a different option if it doesn't fit with what they want.

Edited by casirabit

I agree. Players with no tolerance for anything other than

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Until the REST of us are sick of it.

Republic vs. Empire means no fresh variation. Ever. Again.

No matter how much the imp vs. pub funs scream it'll be great content, it'll be the same old story, expressed this way or that, forever. Predictable. Monotonous. There are only so many ways, which we've seen in the companion stories, to roll out imperial versus pub. All we'll get at this point is more of the same. Different names, different minor schemes, but basically just a different way to get through the same story arc.

Nothing truly unique ever again.

What else do you suggest for variation? Empire Vs Republic at least offers a different side of the story, rather than everyone alliance. I personally don't see how that isn't an improvement.

We got variation with the Alliance and people still complained. It's not going to be more if we go back to the roots, and maybe not less either.

What else do you suggest for variation? Empire Vs Republic at least offers a different side of the story, rather than everyone alliance. I personally don't see how that isn't an improvement.

We got variation with the Alliance and people still complained. It's not going to be more if we go back to the roots, and maybe not less either.

True stand-alone multiple factions. A Cartel faction, for example, that can swing across the two main factions. It's own alignment, etc. A versus B forever is boring.

well...variation ? ...screw the rep hypocrites and imp power hungry obsessed ppl ? ...i kinda liked going against them...and hate the fact that i am forced to be part of them..again...:(

well...variation ? ...screw the rep hypocrites and imp power hungry obsessed ppl ? ...i kinda liked going against them...and hate the fact that i am forced to be part of them..again...:(

Yes, I also hate being stuck being in either in A or B. Give me C, D, and E.

From Reddit:

PvE

• New augments are for Master Mode players & do not affect class balance

Others

• New Augments will use existing materials, hinted towards materials that costs ”millions”; which could mean the Charged Matter Transubstantiator.

Am I the only one who sees a problem here...

Augments only for MM and does not affect class balance (so doesn't affect PVP), but you need to do ranked PVP to get them...

Am I the only one who sees a problem here...

Augments only for MM and does not affect class balance (so doesn't affect PVP), but you need to do ranked PVP to get them...

Technically you don't need to do ranked pvp to get them, personally, I have maybe crafted about 120-130 of the new superior augments and never done a single ranked game, I just buy the from GTN. But yes, the whole "farming group ranked" with a 4 DPS combo that we have seen now in the last ranked season I hardly think is what the developers intended when they put the material as a reward from Group Ranked.

In the podcast, Keith talks about how you can get the materials as a drop from CXP Packs, but I am not sure if he really thought that comment through, since the implementation I have maybe opened 2000 packs and have maybe gotten 20 purple mats in total. That is enough for 10 augments...

A bit of a change that the Bad Feeling guys don't do ranked and asked anything about the group ranked becoming a material farm queue.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

You clearly do not.

All The Best

There was very little in the podcast that was not already disclosed on swtor.com and forum... so I think you missed your daily dose of objectivity-pills. ;)

Separately, and back on topic....

The most interesting part of the podcast to me is Keith appearing to be a "noob-on-the-bus" with respect to end of fiscal year... which is when operations budgets for the next year get firmed up. Hopefully Keith is better at this process then his predecessors... but at this point.. no signs yet of that being the case.

I do find encouragement in Keith wanting to do an annual high level overview of things to come, with more detail by quarter in his planned roadmaps. I imagine we will not see that until the 2019 fiscal operations budget for swtor is approved and locked-in. Truth be told.. it is the annual overview that really should be more representative of a "roadmap view".

Edited by Andryah

No real story updates in sight then? Quite disappointing. I couldn't care less for OPs and PvP. Those aspects of the game have been killed by the toxic player base a long time ago for me.

I am solely here these days for the story. As are many others.

Keith will learn the hard way that focussing on the 2.5% of the players that enjoy OPs is a mistake. (PvP attracts more players though, I give him that.)

The most interesting part of the podcast to me is Keith appearing to be a "noob-on-the-bus" with respect to end of fiscal year... which is when operations budgets for the next year get firmed up. Hopefully Keith is better at this process then his predecessors... but at this point.. no signs yet of that being the case.

I think Keith might be taking one for the team due to the impact Anthem has had on their resources, so...not so sure I believe that he wasn't aware there would be a time sink at end of year. I think it's more that he wasn't aware that his team would be so heavily cannibalized to feed the Anthem monster, or the impact that would have on future planning. Just my opinion.

No real story updates in sight then? Quite disappointing. I couldn't care less for OPs and PvP. Those aspects of the game have been killed by the toxic player base a long time ago for me.

I didn't get that impression from what I heard. Keith explicitly stated they are working on new storylines. He didn't give any hint as to when we will see any of that - at least nothing that BadFeelingPodcast was allowed to broadcast (you can tell there were a lot of heavy edits). But Chuck and Brian were pretty positive about what they "heard but can't say."

I don't know if any of you listen to BFP - I do regularly. Chuck and Brian are really funny, and they also are what I would call "typical players". They like a bit of PVP, a bit of PVE, some story, etc. Everyone assigns their own value to what "talking heads" say, but for my part, if BFP are positive about what they heard, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the future.