Who designs the outfits?

cagthehack

I've been complaining in guild for years about this. But now, after the crap I got in the mail.. I have to ask.. who designs these outfits? I mean, really... someone needs to head back to FIT. Because most of the armor in this game looks like crap. I suppose the dev's want us to waste time and cc buying 8 different outfits so we can mix and match to something decent?

PS. If the dev's insists on sending me crap, at the VERY LEAST, allow me to sell it to a vendor.

Edited by cagthehack

They should have a armor drawing contest like BnS. They using players community talents to create/collect **** load of amazing looking armors then use it at some sort of in game reward, It's smart move to please all the dress up players mind set.

*Skyrim (I know it's not MMO game) Dev even release a creation tool kit for community and look at the Nexus Mod web site, players talents do make Dev team to SHAME with their creation on both weapon and armor outfit and player community even and able to fix bugs/glitches that Dev team don't even know how to fix it in the first place LOL.

Edited by Xbladez

They should have a armor drawing contest like BnS. They using players community talents to create/collect **** load of amazing looking armors then use it at some sort of in game reward, It's smart move to please all the dress up players mind set.

Yes please!

/signed. It's always a shame when you see an armor set that would look perfect if not for the oversized shoulder pads some idiot put there, or the weird mechanical gadgety crap you see on some of the jedi robes.

What they could also do, which would also help them make more money, is to add armor to the appearance modification station, which would allow users to add or remove modular pieces.

My mom. I'll have to go ask her to smarten up.

You know, when I was younger, she'd miraculously "find" clothes of mine that I never even saw before, and I would go to school with them without realizing that they were either hers or my sisters, because I could hardly tell what gender they were associated with as well. So I unintentionally became a tom girl.

Maybe if they replaced my mom with someone who has a greater eye for these things, we might see more satisfactory armor sets in the Cartel Market.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

I always wondered who comes up with some of these designs. My biggest complaint is the poorly matched sets---yoga pants or stockings with a heavy chestplate, ridiculous looking shoulder pads on a chestpiece that would otherwise look awesome, ankle high boots and thigh plates leaving the skinny part of the legs too unprotected.... oh and really cool effects on atrocious armor sets. I'd really like to see outfit tunings. Since I'm stuck mix matching sets for a decent look, let me pick the effects too please.

Well I do know for a fact it isn't my mom. She always made beautiful outfits for me and that was hard as I was (still am) very picky oh how I dress. I would like the sleeves of one outfit, the skirt of another and the top of another so she winded up combining them all to make me an outfit.

Hey now that I think of it maybe she should make the outfits but then again she is used to making ladies clothes not men's so not sure how it would work lol.

I can't make my Bounty Hunter look like Legolas at all. I am disappoint...

Wrong game kodrac...go have a cup of coffee, then come back ;)

As for the OP:

The CM people seem to know exactly what players like...funny how that works. It's never the crappy looking armor that's PLATINUM, they always seem to know what crap nobody will want and they make it bronze. Funny huh?!

Edited by TUXs

The CM people seem to know exactly what players like...

You're partly right, I think. The CM people do seem to know what people like, and what people seem to like is crappy looking armor. :) (IMHO of course.)

That new armor has a good looking belt though. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

I always wondered who comes up with some of these designs. My biggest complaint is the poorly matched sets---yoga pants or stockings with a heavy chestplate, ridiculous looking shoulder pads on a chestpiece that would otherwise look awesome, ankle high boots and thigh plates leaving the skinny part of the legs too unprotected.... oh and really cool effects on atrocious armor sets. I'd really like to see outfit tunings. Since I'm stuck mix matching sets for a decent look, let me pick the effects too please.

Don't forget buttflaps, hipflaps, and loincloths. At least make them part of the belt for the sets so people can decide if they want them.

Edited by beattlebilly

Inclined to agree with the OP. If you took the same poor quality of work we receive here into your career right now, would you have a job tomorrow? I have more personal pride myself than to allow bad work to be the norm. I mean yeah you gotta pay the bills but at the same time, you gotta live with yourself too lol.

While this sounds good in theory.. this is an MMO and as such.. there are always polygon limitations and other coding contraints that would make most submissions work poorly in implementation or require so much in the way of adjustments that the end result would not conform to what was submitted. It's a much different environment then a single player game, and some MMOs have more/less constraints then others.

I like about maybe 25% of the outfits released in this game.. and in most cases I mix and match rather then use full sets. As such.. my first priority is picking a good chest piece and then applying different other pieces in the preview windows to see what coordinates well for my personal taste. Then I check for good color matching with a dye overlay preview. My only gripe at all is there are too many outfit items with non-dyable texture-3. Dye only applies to textures 1 and 2.. so some outfits for me look great but dye very poorly.

As a practical matter... one persons "ugly" can and will be someone elses "beauty"... so I'm fine with the wide range and variety of outfit pieces and sets in game. There is literally something for just about everyone.

Edited by Andryah

While this sounds good in theory.. this is an MMO and as such.. there are always polygon limitations and other coding contraints that would make most submissions work poorly in implementation or require so much in the way of adjustments that the end result would not conform to what was submitted. It's a much different environment then a single player game, and some MMOs have more/less constraints then others.

I like about maybe 25% of the outfits released in this game.. and in most cases I mix and match rather then use full sets. As such.. my first priority is picking a good chest piece and then applying different other pieces in the preview windows to see what coordinates well for my personal taste. Then I check for good color matching with a dye overlay preview. My only gripe at all is there are too many outfit items with non-dyable texture-3. Dye only applies to textures 1 and 2.. so some outfits for me look great but dye very poorly.

As a practical matter... one persons "ugly" can and will be someone elses "beauty"... so I'm fine with the wide range and variety of outfit pieces and sets in game. There is literally something for just about everyone.

BnS (Blade and Souls) is an MMO game!

You got your point as each game has its own constraints than other.

I'd also like to mention that many of the dye combinations are god awful! I wish we could dye primary and secondary slots individually. The fact that we can do one or the other is incredibly frustrating, especially when we have winning combinations like orange and green, blegh.

And for the love of all that is holy, could we get a toggle hood mode?

Edited by DuchessKristania