Rule of Two not working as intended?

acid_s

is this talent broken? I've noticed that speed boost only applies in 1 out of ~10 events that it should occur due to description. Anyone have some inside information why this is working that way?

Can you elaborate on what situations you are in where it doesn't work? I'm using it while tanking in operations and it seems to work just fine. I checked a regular trash mob using ranged attacks against a guarded teammate and during NiM Grob'thok where the guarded player gets hit by raid-wide AoE attacks (both Pipe Smash and Overhead Smash). In all cases, I got the buff just fine and my movement speed increased.

I haven't looked into it, but maybe you don't get the buff if your teammate is out of range of your Guard when they are struck? Or is this a PvP problem?

yes, i refer to pvp scenario. i'm guarding player, been in range of it (15m), so damage is transfered. and then, sometimes, i've get massive speed bust, but most of the times i'm not geting it. So i assume that talent don't work every time, and i wonder why. is there any time-related restrictions, how often it would trigger?

Could your guarded target be taking damage from DoTs? Based on the tooltips, that might not trigger the effect.

A related question, I guess, is: can you receive the Rule of Two speed boost while affected by Electro Net?