The 10 second force barrier laugh

Vassise

Seriously noobs, you're on 5% health, you're against 3 other players on your own, no where near any of your team mates

DERP HURURRR FORCE BARRIER U CANT HIT ME IM IN A FORCE BARRIER DERP DERP DREP

The funny thing is when the 3 people pause and stand there ready to use their execute ability.

lol serioulsy noobs what are three people doing around a bubble waiting 10 seconds picking their noses,

tag the pylon,

take off to where the real fight is, one is going to be enough to execute a 5% life sorcerer or keep him busy trying to save his life here for another minute while he could be healing his team or Aoeing yours where it actually matters.

this ability is op for 2 reasons.

1 - the fact that it neglects the burst effort of clipping a healer, and it has to be done twice every time, or simply delaying 10 sec a node cap.

2 - the fact that there is a truckload of newbs like you who stand around that bubble toying with their noodle while they wait to finish their uttmost important proprietary kill instead of doing something more usefull.

it amazes me how many people actually think killing someone in a BG is what they should be doing at all cost, objectives give points, and hypergates aside, killing does not. Killing an opponent is not always the best option for your team and in many cases all you achieve by killing is giving this ennemy a shortcut to join the fight again faster, fully healed and full of mana. should you go to the same fight you'll arrive later, with half health and maybee not even your full mana.

if a player with a single ability manages to have you and 2 other dullards do that for him and even delay you all for another whole 10 seconds in the process, you seriously need to start thinking ahead while you pvp.

Edited by Ajuntalee

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"2 - the fact that there is a truckload of newbs like you who stand around that bubble toying with their noodle while they wait to finish their kill instead of doing something more usefull."

I lolled :D

Edited by Jorojus

So while those 3 derps standing there waiting for the force barrier to end and hit me with their execute ability my team is at the opposite door/pylon/turret capping, yeah I like it :)

It can also be specced to heal so I may be at 10% health before it ends pop my force mend, back in the game :)

exactly its all about the tactics but I wouldn't dare explain any you just carry on lol, why again are you chasing that player right into the corner miles from anything to finish them off, they'll be back at a flag and have it captured before you can even see civilisation lol

Also, use it as a distraction. I love to go in warzones with 2 stealthers dps. Say for example you need Snow turret in CW, use what i call, ITS A TRAP combo :p 1 healing sage and 2 shadows/scoundrels dpsing. The sage goes to turret, the person guarding it will obviously attack you. Run around a bit, healing urself and making false attempts at capping. If u keep healing chances are if there is any stealther enemy they will come out to help the other guy kill you. Run away as if your running for your life (in the meantime the 2 shadows are still hidden), stop in a place where u can use los and cast barrier. 1 of the shadows should be capping the turret by now. And if the enemy has half a brain, they will leave you to your bubble to go interrupt the cap, but the other stealther will be ready to stun him long enough for the cap. Kill the enemies, defend the turret :) I know that probably someone has already come to help the enemy by now, but if you go "alone" chances are the defender wont even bother calling for help cause there is no way a healer will take him down and when he realizes it was a trap, it will be too late :p The more u try this move, the faster and more efficiently you will perform it. Good players will still be able to hold long enough for help to come, so dont assume this is something youll be able to do everytime, but it happens in pugs :))

Or just take 3 DPS and kill the guy and cap :>

Or just take 3 DPS and kill the guy and cap :>

Yes that will work too, but i was talking about fun uses for force barrier :p Nothing beats imagining the look on the players face when he realizes he has been beddazled by a shiny barrier while someone was capping his node :p

Then you need to hope that the remaining 5 players of your team can handle the 7 remaining enemy players ;)

If you didn't go there at all, those 5 guys would have to fight 8 guys now instead of 7.

At any rate unless you're on offense on Voidstar you only have 6 guys, because one guy has to be defending a node unless you're feeling particularly gutsy.

If you didn't go there at all, those 5 guys would have to fight 8 guys now instead of 7.

At any rate unless you're on offense on Voidstar you only have 6 guys, because one guy has to be defending a node unless you're feeling particularly gutsy.

I didn't know we where talking about voidstar.

I didn't know we where talking about voidstar.

If you're not talking about voidstar it's not possible for the other battle to be 7on5 unless your team leaves no one guarding your node. At least 1 person on your team is guarding a node, so subtract him and the Sorc, it's only a 6on5.

If you're not talking about voidstar it's not possible for the other battle to be 7on5 unless your team leaves no one guarding your node. At least 1 person on your team is guarding a node, so subtract him and the Sorc, it's only a 6on5.

I didn't read the previous posts, my bad.

I am just talking total amount of warzone players here in my top post on this page, The result is 16 players right :confused:

In all maps ofcourse, you have to create an imbalance at a certain objective point to win, that is what so great about SWTOR pvp. (Considering you have as less robots as possible in your team)

Edited by Jorojus

• 2 months later...

Force barrier is a great ability although far too many people struggle to use it properly. Using it at 5% health is absolutely retarded. Anytime I see someone do it, I always bring up my /say and type "Yeh that will work."

It has 5 main uses-

1)Stalling caps - If your a lone defender and you get mobbed by 6 guys and your team is in transit you can pop it and stall for 10 seconds. 10 seconds is the difference between them capping or not.

2)It counters high burst attacks like assissin/operative openers. It can be used to thwart a smash, ambush or ravage.

3)It's an extra CC breaker

4)It can be used to stall while you wait for a specific cooldown to come online.

5)Using it with a healer nearby allows them to easily heal you up to full provided they are paying attention.

Edited by JackNader