Jedi Covenant

iSoldat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the imps stopped queuing? Every match I joined last night on my guardian was pub v pub. Talk about boring...

Been on JC for awhile. The reps dominate the imperials on that server. The reps have about 12-15 guilds that PvP, while the imp side has less than 5 that PvP, that are actually decent and can stand up to them. If you want fun or a challenge, make an imp, be for warned, you may rage quit due to the stupidity of some of the players.

Can't leave out some of the truth as well.

Some imps that were good all rerolled pub to have it easy or they were recruited into pub guilds. This helped to push the imbalance even further.

They still have their imp toons but you will see them mainly on their pub toons since the roflstomping is over there.

Nobody likes to lose so for many it was a simple decision.

Edited by Raddimus

They still have their imp toons but you will see them mainly on their pub toons since the roflstomping is over there.

I primarily play pub now but not to roflstomp. Rolling pugs is ZERO fun (Unless I'm drunk). I don't know why people think it is.

I play pub more because I'm more likely to get into good matches. There are quite a lot of rep v rep and for the most part they are some good fights.

Now I'm not saying everyone on pub side feels this way, but I know quite a few.

Edit: And I don't like to rage quit and it's less likely when every match isn't filled with derps like this http://i.imgur.com/qbIm4Kq.jpg

Edited by Rynis

Have the imps stopped queuing? Every match I joined last night on my guardian was pub v pub. Talk about boring...

No but I wish some of them would.

Actually I dont know why I keep queueing, myself.

Edited by ace_boogie

I wish ppl wouldn't reference lowbie - ever - when illustrating a point in pvp. there are numerous reasons, from lack of abilities to the utter stupidity of lowbies on every server I've ever played on. not a good point of reference. and yes, imp pvp is bad. no. it's not as bad as you think. some imp did a random sample and it turned out his solo pugging winning percentage over the course of ~ 1 week was near 50% (40-something). that's reasonable for any solo pug on any server.

Same, I've decided that the level of badness being demonstrated right now is beyond my ability to tolerate.

Ha, I've been using double XP to level via PvP all afternoon, and yeah, it's bad. I don't pretend to be one of the best players, or even a super high damage dealer, but I do understand the goals and strategies, and people have just been terrible.

I spawned into one CW tonight where I saw the snow speeder was up, took it, and arrived to find nobody there. Guarding our only node. I pretty much stayed at snow the whole match, while people behaved like in the video linked above, and still had the 3rd highest damage on the team.

Like I said in chat in one of my WZs, lord help them when they reach 50 and can't figure out why their 733t damage skillz (e.g., sub 50k damage) isn't helping them win the weekly.

Oh, I also played a NC where I capped east, then got double-stealthed. I called incoming twice, all caps, died, respawned and called it again as they were capping, and one of my teammates said, "Too late." That resulted in a 3-cap btw.

I primarily play pub now but not to roflstomp. Rolling pugs is ZERO fun (Unless I'm drunk). I don't know why people think it is.

I play pub more because I'm more likely to get into good matches. There are quite a lot of rep v rep and for the most part they are some good fights.

Now I'm not saying everyone on pub side feels this way, but I know quite a few.

Edit: And I don't like to rage quit and it's less likely when every match isn't filled with derps like this http://i.imgur.com/qbIm4Kq.jpg

Most of the pub v. pub matches are way more fun/challenging than pub v. imp.

No but I wish some of them would.

Actually I dont know why I keep queueing, myself.

I'm surprised there are Imps still left on that server, lol. I just reached level 50 on my assassin this past weekend, and I was once again reminded exactly how bad it is for Imps on this server. The main problem for the Imps on there is the Imps themselves...too much dissension and putting down of their own teammates and they wonder why the Republic beats them all the time. Luckily, I have a gunslinger on there that will reach 50 sooner than I expected due to the double XP weekends, and I can't wait to join the winning side on that server for the very first time. Meanwhile, on The Shadowlands, the Empire continues to do very well. I wish I had rolled all my Imps there.

And the funny thing is that Imps on JC complain about how they are are always undergeared all the time, while on The Shadowlands, I frequently pug matches with people that are clearly undergeared and yet we still do very well and win because overall the Empire there is a better community and we have good communication and work together really well instead of digging our claws into each other like the Imps on JC tend to do.

Edited by Solarenergy

I'm surprised there are Imps still left on that server, lol. I just reached level 50 on my assassin this past weekend, and I was once again reminded exactly how bad it is for Imps on this server. The main problem for the Imps on there is the Imps themselves...too much dissension and putting down of their own teammates and they wonder why the Republic beats them all the time. Luckily, I have a gunslinger on there that will reach 50 sooner than I expected due to the double XP weekends, and I can't wait to join the winning side on that server for the very first time. Meanwhile, on The Shadowlands, the Empire continues to do very well. I wish I had rolled all my Imps there.

And the funny thing is that Imps on JC complain about how they are are always undergeared all the time, while on The Shadowlands, I frequently pug matches with people that are clearly undergeared and yet we still do very well and win because overall the Empire there is a better community and we have good communication and work together really well instead of digging our claws into each other like the Imps on JC tend to do.

I agree 100%.

Gear is only half the battle. If players are bad, and even worse if they are too blind to see that they can improve in at least SOME way, they resort to complaining and don't ever solve the real problem.

My imps on POT5 are sometimes on a lesser geared team, and we coordinate much better with not nearly as much non-essential typing done in ops chat. Cross server queueing would open their eyes to how they should actually play.

I stopped queuing on my Marauder and Sorc. It's pretty pointless. On a good day, I can knock out all the dailies and weeklies in one sitting on my Shadow. It takes at least 2 weeks just for the weekly on my Mara lol.

you're either very unlucky with your Qs or...well...maybe you only Q 2-3 WZs a night. doing 4 (max for daily) per night, I have the weekly done in at 5 days max. granted, if I run into a wall (4 losses). I'll call it a night and just take the daily. there are days like that on the pub toons too, btw. an hour and a half (max) per night will comfortably (inside the 7 day reset) net the weekly as a solo Qer on imp side.

There are frustrating matches when pugging both sides. However, I find myself raging so much more when playing my OP. It's no question there are more "dumb" imp players than pubs.

And frankly, there are few things I hate more in the world than dumb people.

Edited by _Pryor_

you're either very unlucky with your Qs or...well...maybe you only Q 2-3 WZs a night. doing 4 (max for daily) per night, I have the weekly done in at 5 days max. granted, if I run into a wall (4 losses). I'll call it a night and just take the daily. there are days like that on the pub toons too, btw. an hour and a half (max) per night will comfortably (inside the 7 day reset) net the weekly as a solo Qer on imp side.

Probably luck and there are no pre-mades killing me constantly. I haven't done my weekly on my Shadow since last Monday but that's also the day I knocked it out completely. Took about 2-3 hours. I think that was one of the days when queues popped back to back (8am until about 11am). Lost maybe 4 matches and won...9. Doesn't happen often but it happens more often on my Shadow than my GS or Knight. I even did a few more matches after I turned in my weekly to get more comms for War Hero gear for alts.

These threads are funny. As a heavy IMP PvPer on JC, I'm surprised I haven't gouged my eyeballs out. Took a good bit to get full WH on my OP healer, and I can say the experience was pretty bad, especially as a solo q'r. My trooper, on the other hand, got his WH in 2 days -.-

To say there is an imbalance is an understatement.

My experience has been

Imperial Guild > Republic Guild > Republic Pug > Imperial Pug

Average republic pug = 2-4 people in recruit

Average imperial pug = 4-6 people in recruit

And I've noticed just as many pubs rerolling the other side as imps, and vice versa. I figure I'm part of the problem for the imps. I just completed my 50 operative/medic this weekend and spent all weekend healing into a half set of war hero. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be in a complete set and be part of the solution.

One thing I'll say about playing both sides is that I have a much keener sense of who the really dangerous and effective players are, no matter what side I'm playing from. The faction simulations are very insightful.

When logged into my imps on JC, our guild is extremely strong with the pve content. NmP, ECnM, 10 stack DT and TFBHM are all farm status. My pub toons were struggling with ECSM as our servers were merging. PVP is not a primary in our imp guild.

The argument that casual PVPr's don't understand team work, have never see our guild in action in an PVE instance. IMHO, PVP on JC is dead, not necessarily because of the players, but because BW/EA hasn't addressed the issue of balance in regards to teams vs. pugs. When I queue on my imps, I do understand team unlike some of the other puggers and it is frustrating. The lack of content after our op timers are counting down lead to boredom. The boredom gives time to pug since most of the pvers chose not to queue. That boredom lead to un-subbing (25 days remaining.)

I started the thread to see if BW will/would finally address the issue of balance with regards to pugs vs. premades. Without the opposing factions battling in the WZs, it is boring and not a recipe for success.

Pre-50 WZ's for imps on JC is probably the worst experience PvP'ing I've had in this game... ever. Voidstar is also the worst WZ they ever came up with because I have to rely on pugs to defend the doors. It sucks being one of the few capable players on the Imp side because I feel the republicans cue in on me and I always have 4 glowsticks whacking on me like a pinata.

The Imp pugs don't know PvP rotations, positioning, target priority, proper CC use, importance of WZ consumable use, stim use, rebuff after you die, and how to right click on their target to mark a healer. I play a mercenary (yes I know one of the most gimped toons to PvP with) and even when I'm just goofing off in WZ's like node hassling or headhunting I still get twice as much damage as a typical pug playing a smasher, and it blows my mind.

Empire~ Unicorn Stampede

Pre-50 sucks so bad for Imps.

I thank God for the xp weekend to boost my sniper to 50. Glad to be in better Wz's with a challenge instead of 99% loss.

pre-50 pvp sucks on both sides. Just thinking of doing a lowbie warzone makes me want to uninstall the game. I'm so not lookin forward to getting put back in lowbie pvp when 2.0 goes live.

Jenna'syyde

Pre-50 WZ's for imps on JC is probably the worst experience PvP'ing I've had in this game... ever. Voidstar is also the worst WZ they ever came up with because I have to rely on pugs to defend the doors. It sucks being one of the few capable players on the Imp side because I feel the republicans cue in on me and I always have 4 glowsticks whacking on me like a pinata.

The Imp pugs don't know PvP rotations, positioning, target priority, proper CC use, importance of WZ consumable use, stim use, rebuff after you die, and how to right click on their target to mark a healer. I play a mercenary (yes I know one of the most gimped toons to PvP with) and even when I'm just goofing off in WZ's like node hassling or headhunting I still get twice as much damage as a typical pug playing a smasher, and it blows my mind.

Empire~ Unicorn Stampede

PROTIP for you. This works 100% of the time. When you want pugs to attack a certain person (like a healer) Then what you need to do is Target Mark everyone except the person who you want them to attack. If Pugs see a target marker on an enemy they will not attack them. I've tested this many times and I promise you it works.

Crackroxx