Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My only problem with the powertech class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
My only problem with the powertech class

RAZIMx
03.09.2013 , 12:52 AM | #41
Considering there are blaster rifle models that look like they should be classified as sniper rifles, I'm sure powertechs could be given some medium-sized orange/custom variants. Blaster carbine-pistols or sub-machinegun-sized blasters that are classified as pistol weapons.

Not every powertech is going to rock the single pistol like Jango vs Mace Windu (even though he was more of a Merc shortly before that in that movie)

examples:
Boba's blaster carbine: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tBRtwbHJyE...s1600/boba.jpg
E-11 Blaster Rifle: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...E-11_NEGWT.jpg
IG-88's blaster rifle: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...-20A_TCWCG.jpg

MasterOak
03.09.2013 , 11:00 PM | #42
While I wouldn't mind seeing more choice where weapons are concerned, I'm more or less content with the single pistol. The Bounty Hunter class is western inspired, so the pistol is suitable. As Powertechs we're more about armor than weapons anyway.

Sosajoshua
03.11.2013 , 08:47 AM | #43
Give me Mach 7 armor or give me death?
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

WaldoA
03.11.2013 , 10:05 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
Not going to flame you
BAHAHAHAHA good work, good work..

just me that got the pun?

EDIT: Touching up on someone elses post, yes I'd absolutely kill to have a shotgun on my mainhand as a BH!

Zakmonster
03.13.2013 , 03:37 AM | #45
Another reason why there is a class/weapon restriction is because of the silhouette. Every class holds their weapon differently, every class runs and move differently. Even without the class icons or armor, I can tell what class someone is by the way they hold their weapon and the way they move.
The Harbinger Server: Caezia - Level 55 Vanguard / Cezia - Level 60 Powertech / Zaethia - Level 55 Guardian / Xaethia - Level 33 Scoundrel / Caedia - Level 50 Vanguard / Vaknia - Level 60 Mercenary / Xethia - Level 28 Marauder / Zaenia - Level 60 Juggernaut / Zethia- Level 38 Commando

Jayshames
03.13.2013 , 04:02 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakmonster View Post
Another reason why there is a class/weapon restriction is because of the silhouette. Every class holds their weapon differently, every class runs and move differently. Even without the class icons or armor, I can tell what class someone is by the way they hold their weapon and the way they move.
The way you move is tied to what weapon you're holding. Look at commandos, if they use cannon they hold it at the side and lean back and shoot, if they use a rifle they hold it the same way as any other rifle wielding class.

Senga_J
03.13.2013 , 09:18 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Pharohsa View Post
I would like to see the ranged weapons redone in the game. Break them into categories, such as Melee Ranged and Long Ranged. Then the player could choose. For example, a Powertech/ Vanguard could select a Blaster Pistol or Rifle. Operatives/Scoundrels could choose a Knife or a Shotgun. The Sniper and Gunslinger would need no change, unless the Gunslinger wanted to carry a Rifle ( for whatever reason). That said, some attacks may be forfeited. For example, even now, a Trooper Commando can use a Blaster Rifle, but at least one of his attacks will not work with that weapon so, there may be trade offs. But, not every toon is meant to be a cookie cutter copy of every other toon. I hated when they locked the talent trees in WoW. What have they got against hybrids? You should be able to make your toon as unique as possible.
It's not so much a problem with game balancing as it is with animating for every possible weapon a character could use. Although it would be at least interesting to have a melee bounty hunter with vibroswords for the sake of just being a melee bounty hunter. (I don't see it happening)
POT5 Level 55's:
Serdatt (PT) Zerriest (Sin) Asareng (Mara)