when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan

When I throw one lightsaber with my sentinel, Guardian, Juggernaut, or Marauder it turns into a random color. This glitch has been going on for over a month. Why the hell hasn't it been fixed? It really affects my enjoyment of the game. This glitch is really annoying. its so annoying I might have to quit the game! This is not a joke. This is a serious matter. These are the only classes that I enjoy. I can't play another class while I'm waiting for this glitch to be fixed with a simple patch. Why don't they finally fix it instead of being lazy? A fix for this glitch is so overdue. When is this glitch being fixed? Does anyone know a way around this glitch?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP,

To correct your first post, I do believe this glitch has been going on longer than 1 month. Think it's at least more like 2.

If that is what makes or breaks the game for you, then maybe this game is not for you. lolz

There is other more pressing bugs/glitches that need attention besides this one that does NOT happen to everyone, just random people.

Heck it could be a problem with just the people who has had issues, video cards, or PCs. Maybe not a SWTOR issue at all, since it is random.

it started happening after a specific patch. I forget which one, but anyway its not my computer that's the issue. I have tested this on 3 different computers. It happens with all 3. What glitches are worst than this? I haven't seen any other ones that bother me. Bioware needs to fix glitches in a timely manner. and what about the dread relic Reverse engineering glitch? No one can learn that schematic anymore because of that glitch. That glitch has been going on since April. Why hasn't that glitch been fixed? That glitch is also pretty severe. The developers should be taking their job more serious.

I demand that bioware fixes this glitch. I've been very patient. its been well over a month and it still isn't fixed. I'm paying a subscription every month. They should fix this.

I'm surprised this is your issue over the actual functional bug in force leap for your class. I guess aesthetics are more important to some.

Would like the issue fixed although it's not at the top of my list. This happens on all five of my knights/warriors. Happens on dispatch, saber throw, and crippling throw. I'm not sure if it happens on DST or not. I most commonly see red and white sabers when thrown.

Again I'm not desperate for a fix but a fix would be nice.

Happy to provide the devs with more info if needed.

I demand that bioware fixes this glitch. I've been very patient. its been well over a month and it still isn't fixed. I'm paying a subscription every month. They should fix this.

You're right...and making demands of Bioware is always the best way to get your issue moved to the top of their list...I'll be surprised if this isn't fixed in their next patch.

Although presented in a silly manner, this is something that does need to be fixed. It's not ruining my gameplay but it is slightly annoying and to the point that I really get tired of seeing it all the time. I don't know much about this kind of stuff but I can't imagine it would be a difficult and very time consuming fix for something to small.

Just because you pay them, does not grant you the right to demand anything from them. lolz You make the choice to play this game, you make the choice to pay. They are not forcing you to do anything. lolz

They will fix this, if they know about this, in due time. Why not go to the right place in the forums or open a ticket about this, instead of whining & making demands?

And as for more important glitches/bugs, problems, start reading other forum posts.

Atm there is a serious glitch with some users not being able to use the in game CC option. There was a couple bugs about relics stacking improperly, I'm not sure if those have been fixed yet. The free speeder that was given last week, will not work for 49 or below, when it should work for level 10+. The list goes on and on. Minor things mainly, but some are way more important than an aesthetic bug, that not all people see.

The leap problem is also apparent in PvE but the OP is right and I am sure many people will lose their job because of this thread. I would suggest escalating the protest by refusing to access SWTOR client or forums for few months. That should teach them. Edited by ELRunninW

My throw looks like the crystal in my generator, which is a blue core, but my saber color is black/red.

This basically...The "glitch" basically just puts the color of your offhand item for the throw.

I use it as a means of distraction all the time. In PvP my jug uses copper, but my buddie's tank jug uses red...so my generator uses a red crystals o when I throw my lightsaber it looks like he did it. You would be surprised how many people turn and attack him after I throw a "red" saber at them.

This basically...The "glitch" basically just puts the color of your offhand item for the throw.

I use it as a means of distraction all the time. In PvP my jug uses copper, but my buddie's tank jug uses red...so my generator uses a red crystals o when I throw my lightsaber it looks like he did it. You would be surprised how many people turn and attack him after I throw a "red" saber at them.

That's cool, I was thinking about switching colors to see if that's what it was. Good to know.

Just because you pay them, does not grant you the right to demand anything from them. lolz You make the choice to play this game, you make the choice to pay. They are not forcing you to do anything. lolz

They will fix this, if they know about this, in due time. Why not go to the right place in the forums or open a ticket about this, instead of whining & making demands?

And as for more important glitches/bugs, problems, start reading other forum posts.

Atm there is a serious glitch with some users not being able to use the in game CC option. There was a couple bugs about relics stacking improperly, I'm not sure if those have been fixed yet. The free speeder that was given last week, will not work for 49 or below, when it should work for level 10+. The list goes on and on. Minor things mainly, but some are way more important than an aesthetic bug, that not all people see.

Paying them gives me the right to demand anything reasonable. and this is reasonable demand. Part of paying a subscription is so bioware can pay people to fix issues like this.

For the record, I submitted a bug report over a month ago about this issue. I also opened a general ticket. They told me that it is a glitch, therefore this issue can't be resolved by customer service.

So yeah I have taken those steps. They didn't work. That's why I'm here complaining on the forums trying to get the developers attention.