when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan

I know this a serious bug which needs to be fixed...But is it wrong that I kinda like it when I throw my saber and it is a different color?

Its not wrong for you to like it but, I think its weird because it doesn't make any sense for it to randomly change colors. More people should be upset about this because its not being fixed in a timely manner. I can understand liking this glitch at first but, after a while it gets really annoying. This should have been fixed a long time ago. same thing goes for the no info error for Reverse Engineering dread relics(level 50). That glitch prevents you from learning the schematic. That glitch first occurred in April. It still hasn't been fixed. The developer team should be fixing stuff much faster than this. Instead, They are probably on vocation in Hawaii enjoying smoothies.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not wrong for you to like it but, I think its weird because it doesn't make any sense for it to randomly change colors. More people should be upset about this because its not being fixed in a timely manner. I can understand liking this glitch at first but, after a while it gets really annoying. This should have been fixed a long time ago. same thing goes for the no info error for Reverse Engineering dread relics(level 50). That glitch prevents you from learning the schematic. That glitch first occurred in April. It still hasn't been fixed. The developer team should be fixing stuff much faster than this. Instead, They are probably on vocation in Hawaii enjoying smoothies.

just an FYI but the relics do RE i got that error on the first 3 that i RE'd then on the 4th i learned the schem for the DG nova relic, so they do indeed RE.

working as intended

Paying them gives me the right to demand anything reasonable. and this is reasonable demand. Part of paying a subscription is so bioware can pay people to fix issues like this.

Paying a subscription gives you the right to post on the forum, and demand anything you want.

Bioware has a right to ignore your demands.

You're paying a game subscription. It doesn't make you part of the development team or give you power to set development priorities. Bioware said they know about your bug. The fact that they haven't fixed it yet should tell you that they feel its a very minor bug and that the developers are working on things they feel are more important. I will admit that I would agree with that assessment. Nothing is displayed in a confusing manner. Nothing is failing to display. This is purely cosmetic, and not even on a visual that is continuously visible. It's a minor color difference on a 2 second ability animation that occurs --at most-- a couple times a minute. The 'Pink Assassin' bug and "Unmatched Cutscene Equipment" bugs are far more annoying that this.

Until you're willing to pay the $50 per-hour, per-person cost of fixing the bug (and this is not a "one person for 10 minutes" bug), then you don't get to decide what bugs are fixed and what gets left for some other week.

REQUEST: Bioware: Do not fix this bug. There are many other bugs that are far more important. Work on them first.

ETA: Clarification -- I didn't mean to say "Do not fix this bug ever". I meant "Do not fix this bug now". Sorry for the miscommunication.

Edited by Malastare

REQUEST: Bioware: Do not fix this bug. There are many other bugs that are far more important. Work on them first.

I can understand that there are probably bugs out there that are far more important than a visual fx bug.

However, telling them to flat out not fix a bug is ridiculous.

Paying a subscription gives you the right to post on the forum, and demand anything you want.

Bioware has a right to ignore your demands.

You're paying a game subscription. It doesn't make you part of the development team or give you power to set development priorities. Bioware said they know about your bug. The fact that they haven't fixed it yet should tell you that they feel its a very minor bug and that the developers are working on things they feel are more important. I will admit that I would agree with that assessment. Nothing is displayed in a confusing manner. Nothing is failing to display. This is purely cosmetic, and not even on a visual that is continuously visible. It's a minor color difference on a 2 second ability animation that occurs --at most-- a couple times a minute. The 'Pink Assassin' bug and "Unmatched Cutscene Equipment" bugs are far more annoying that this.

Until you're willing to pay the $50 per-hour, per-person cost of fixing the bug (and this is not a "one person for 10 minutes" bug), then you don't get to decide what bugs are fixed and what gets left for some other week.

The reason there are so many bugs is because the employees are slacking off. The glitches just keep building up because they don't spend enough time fixing them. If they fixed things regularly we wouldn't have all of these problems. which is one of the points I'm trying to make. Plus I don't play Sith assassin so I don't care about that glitch. I just want my own class fixed.

I can understand that there are probably bugs out there that are far more important than a visual fx bug.

no more so than DEMANDING that this one be fixed as soon as it can be.

I here by dub this color issue the MIB (Most Important Bug) and demand that all hands on deck be used to fix this game breaking bug that prevents me from doing any other ability and making progress in my quests. The pure graphic problem causes me to immediately shutdown my PC and restart into something else thus making me unable to progress beyond my current state. Also due to the constant shutdowns I demand compensation for time not played to the sum of a free day per day this is not fixed.

Fair warning that the NMIB (Next Most Important bug) is all the clipping issues on ALL armor and weapons. And this if not fixed IMMEDIATELY after the MIB I will start a new thread demanding that the MIB always be all hands on deck. This will continue until all MIBs are fixed we can then proceed on to less important issues like content and class balance.

Granted. My mistake. I should have included an extra word: Do not fix this bug now. This has to be one of the least important bugs I've seen reported.

Editing comment to clarify this.

The reason there are so many bugs is because the employees are slacking off.

You visit their offices regularly, do you? You have a lot of experience fixing bugs and can estimate the proper amount of effort for isolation, code fixes, regressions, QA, and builds?

The glitches just keep building up because they don't spend enough time fixing them.

Citation? What evidence do you have that the glitches are building up? I see far fewer bugs now that I did a year ago.

Plus I don't play Sith assassin so I don't care about that glitch. I just want my own class fixed.

Right. You don't care about anyone else, just yourself. Luckily, Bioware doesn't think that way. They have to care about the concerns of all the players.

no more so than DEMANDING that this one be fixed as soon as it can be.

I here by dub this color issue the MIB (Most Important Bug) and demand that all hands on deck be used to fix this game breaking bug that prevents me from doing any other ability and making progress in my quests. The pure graphic problem causes me to immediately shutdown my PC and restart into something else thus making me unable to progress beyond my current state. Also due to the constant shutdowns I demand compensation for time not played to the sum of a free day per day this is not fixed.

Fair warning that the NMIB (Next Most Important bug) is all the clipping issues on ALL armor and weapons. And this if not fixed IMMEDIATELY after the MIB I will start a new thread demanding that the MIB always be all hands on deck. This will continue until all MIBs are fixed we can then proceed on to less important issues like content and class balance.

I never said the OP demanding this to be fixed was not ridiculous.

The reason there are so many bugs is because the employees are slacking off. The glitches just keep building up because they don't spend enough time fixing them. If they fixed things regularly we wouldn't have all of these problems. which is one of the points I'm trying to make. Plus I don't play Sith assassin so I don't care about that glitch. I just want my own class fixed.

slacking off? seriously? you are quickly passing into the realm of absurdity and irrelevance. There are multiple teams working on multiple sub projects within the game. They have a defined development schedule and priority lists of bugs that take priority over others. There are devs well aware of this problem, there are devs who know with 100% what it will take to fix this bug. It may or may not be "simple" nor may it be a high priority over other bugs that have higher impact. Its a visual glitch it is minor issue (unless you also complain about armor clipping).

the best way i could describe this, imagine a giant monster, ugly smelly covered in **** and oozing. Each "bug" represents a portion of this monster. Some may be an arm, a leg, a weapon, some hit points, etc.... This particular bug would be a tiny wart on its butt that would be so innocuous to represent anything of significance.

the best way i could describe this, imagine a giant monster, ugly smelly covered in **** and oozing.

I was going to pick something a little more lunch-compatible.

I haven't worked on a codebase that didn't have a couple dozen bugs at all times (sometimes its many dozens of bugs). That's just the life of a developer. For every bug you see, they see four others. It's our job.

In that respect, it is like home inspectors. Any decent home inspector will find at least a few things wrong with every house, even if its brand new. When we bought our house, there was one moderately serious problem, one trivial one, and one report of a cracked plate on an outlet. Technically the plate was a problem. It should be solid and secure. But there was nothing unsafe about it, and no way for it to get worse.

The bug reported by the OP is a cracked outlet plate. Yeah, it might be an easy fix, but there are other things that are much more important.

Still haven't replaced that cracked plate. I think. I can't even remember. It's that important.

I'm not sure if this is the same bug or related, but during HUTTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! last night, after my character tossed his lightsaber at somebody it came back, and started spinning in his hand like a fan blade. It was both odd and sort of cool at the same time.

I'm not sure if this is the same bug or related, but during HUTTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! last night, after my character tossed his lightsaber at somebody it came back, and started spinning in his hand like a fan blade. It was both odd and sort of cool at the same time.

That's another bug, it is with us quite a time.

I've experienced this glitch too. Its not a huge deal. It very rarely happens. The saber throw color glitch happens every single time.

You visit their offices regularly, do you? You have a lot of experience fixing bugs and can estimate the proper amount of effort for isolation, code fixes, regressions, QA, and builds?

Citation? What evidence do you have that the glitches are building up? I see far fewer bugs now that I did a year ago.

Right. You don't care about anyone else, just yourself. Luckily, Bioware doesn't think that way. They have to care about the concerns of all the players.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 2 months to fix a simple issue.

and Sith assassin sucks. They only get 100 force. why would anyone want to play that class? its not very productive. They need atleast 200 force to be worth while.

Edited by watermelonfan

Whenever they fix a bug they create about 3 new bugs, so yes it adds up because they usually don't go back and fix the new bugs they created.

just an FYI but the relics do RE i got that error on the first 3 that i RE'd then on the 4th i learned the schem for the DG nova relic, so they do indeed RE.

working as intended

customer service told me that glitch prevents the schematic from being learned. That shows how incompetent their employees are. This is evidence they don't take their job seriously since they don't know what they are talking about. And this isn't the first time they have been wrong. They also told me the schematic for Advanced Purple War Hero's crystal was no longer available. That turned out to be complete bullcrap.

But the thing is I'm not upset about it because it's only a minor annoyance and in time it will be fixed. But your post here does you no credit whatsoever because why would any developer respond to you when you're being insulting. I'd also like to point out that, yes you have a right to complain and demand as you are a sub but the developers are not obligated to listen to you. So considering this this their house wouldn't it be better to be more constructive?

But the thing is I'm not upset about it because it's only a minor annoyance and in time it will be fixed. But your post here does you no credit whatsoever because why would any developer respond to you when you're being insulting. I'd also like to point out that, yes you have a right to complain and demand as you are a sub but the developers are not obligated to listen to you. So considering this this their house wouldn't it be better to be more constructive?

your probably right about that, but at this point its too late to turn back and be more constructive. SInce this glitch has been occurring for the past 2 months I figure the developers have no intention of fixing this glitch.

your probably right about that, but at this point its too late to turn back and be more constructive. SInce this glitch has been occurring for the past 2 months I figure the developers have no intention of fixing this glitch.

No this is what you are not understanding. This glitch is probably quite extensive as such it probably isn't easy to fix immediately. So I am off the opinion that in a the next patch or at the very latest the patch after, it will be fixed but in future remember that being constructive is far better than insulting especially if you want your case to be heard.

Edited by theUndead

I totally disagree this is a star wars mmo hear that a star wars mmo the lightsaber is the most iconic weapon in star wars. To not have the animation on it correct is unthinkable and yes it is a 2 second ability but is used asoon as it is available the kind of person that would say this bug isn't important is not a star wars fan in my opinion the Lightsaber should be shown in all its glory not just past of while they fix something in a cut seen that is seen only once a day or week...

For something is a minor annoyance as people say I cant play my jedi knight till its fixed I have reported this bug twice over the past 6 week and will not return to the game till it is fixed I have payed to play since launch out of my love for star wars and to give them the support they need to help give them cash for future content for everybody. I pay on 6 month subs but if this isn't fixed by my next sub date I will cancel and move on to another mmo eg eso if they can not support my bug fix reports and be egnored then they don't deserve my support also. I have played jedi knight since launch and do not role other classes so to see a bug like that ever time I use my saber throw abilitys over the course of 2 month is like nails on a chalk board...

I totally disagree this is a star wars mmo hear that a star wars mmo the lightsaber is the most iconic weapon in star wars. To not have the animation on it correct is unthinkable and yes it is a 2 second ability but is used asoon as it is available the kind of person that would say this bug isn't important is not a star wars fan in my opinion the Lightsaber should be shown in all its glory not just past of while they fix something in a cut seen that is seen only once a day or week...

Oh please, quit being so dramatic. Just because there is a glitch does not make us any less of fans. The only thing that matters is that we understand it will fixed eventually and if you want to leave because of that then it is you who isn't the the true fan. Because if you were you would be patient.