Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Women have to slap men in order to appear strong? Spoilers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Women have to slap men in order to appear strong? Spoilers

annabethchase
01.15.2018 , 07:02 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
That makes sense. The only problem is that the bombers likely did not have hyperdrives (I would imagine). Therefore, even if they manage to destroy the dreadnaught, they are "dead in the water" as the other imperial ships would destroy them. True suicide mission.

Now, if they all did have hyperdrives, then it would only make sense for the rest of the fleet to take off when Poe went rogue... whether it was the plan or not.
There's a canon novel "cobalt squad" that says these bombers have hyperdrives.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

AlienEyeTX
01.15.2018 , 07:59 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
There's a canon novel "cobalt squad" that says these bombers have hyperdrives.
Ok then. Poor leadership.

Or, just a movie and we do these things to increase drama.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

madcowdiseiz
Yesterday , 04:38 PM | #53
Maybe I missed it when watching TLJ, but where are we supposed to get the idea that Poe was only acting out of selfish need for glory, apart from the statements made by Leia and Holdo? I never got that feeling from his actions before that. It seemed like he was acting out of the sincere belief that what he was doing was right.

Also, I might have the events wrong here but if I remember correctly Poe had already taken out the defensive turrets on the fleet killer ship when he was told to disengage and bombers were already in the "air" relatively close to their target. If they didn't engage at that point, what would have been the benefit of taking out the turrets? The main gun was still functional. The turrets are there to protect the platform for the main gun.

AlienEyeTX
Yesterday , 09:04 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by madcowdiseiz View Post
Maybe I missed it when watching TLJ, but where are we supposed to get the idea that Poe was only acting out of selfish need for glory, apart from the statements made by Leia and Holdo? I never got that feeling from his actions before that. It seemed like he was acting out of the sincere belief that what he was doing was right.

Also, I might have the events wrong here but if I remember correctly Poe had already taken out the defensive turrets on the fleet killer ship when he was told to disengage and bombers were already in the "air" relatively close to their target. If they didn't engage at that point, what would have been the benefit of taking out the turrets? The main gun was still functional. The turrets are there to protect the platform for the main gun.
Of course he thought he was right. But, he wasn't looking at the big picture.

At the time he is told to disengage, they are not past the point of no return. Poe gets all starry-eyed about destroying a dreadnaught and doesn't think of the cost to the Resistance.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

TalonVII
Today , 07:45 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Of course he thought he was right. But, he wasn't looking at the big picture.

At the time he is told to disengage, they are not past the point of no return. Poe gets all starry-eyed about destroying a dreadnaught and doesn't think of the cost to the Resistance.
Yeah and in that scene had he NOT attacked, the Raddish wouldn't of been there to go back to. That dreadnought came seconds from destroying the resistance fleet.

Did he lose the bombers? Yes. Did he accomplish the mission. Yes he did. Just ask the 8th and 15th air forces how many bombers they lost attacking Nazi Germany.

When you commit to an assault like that PEOLPLE ARE GOING TO DIE. Want to put this in SW terms, how many people did Leia sacrifice during the battle of Hoth to make sure the rebels could get enough people away to survive? A hell of a lot more than Poe did to ensure the survival.

Makes Leia a hypocrite. Had Poe not lead that attack, Leia wouldn't of been there to slap him in the first place. Makes Leia and Holdo WRONG.

It would of been one thing had he failed and Leia slapped him. It's quite another to accomplish the mission and get slapped.

Poe Dameron SAVED THE RESISTANCE.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy