Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rotation for concealment operative?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Rotation for concealment operative?

brazilboy
02.12.2018 , 02:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Miho View Post
When opening up on a boss you should always be in stealth and start with Backstab (triggers Acid Blade and Calculated Frenzy) into Volatile Substance (makes the target assailable), followed by a Veiled Strike (triggers 6-set bonus and makes the target susceptible) and a Laceration (triggers 2-set bonus). A long opener would look like this:

(Stealth) > Backstab > Volatile Substance > Veiled Strike > Laceration (Tactical Opportunity) > Laceration > Laceration > Veiled Strike > Laceration > Backstab (Revealing Weakness) > Laceration > Veiled Strike > Laceration (Tactical Opportunity) > Laceration > Volatile Substance > Veiled Strike > Laceraction > (Cloaking Screen) > Backstab > Laceration > follow "Rotation"... (you can fit in some Corrosive Darts here already, but thats more energy heavy).
Thanks for the great, detailed post. Is there a reason Corrosive Dart isn't sooner in the opener? I thought it debuffed the target as well, but perhaps that's only on Sniper. Thanks!

Miho
02.12.2018 , 04:39 PM | #22
In Concealment it doesn't debuff the target, that's for snipers (marked debuff). I just described one opener, there are many. Usually when players ask me for help, I leave Corrosive Dart out of explanations as good as I can, because the little increased DPS from Corrosive Dart won't matter when inexperienced players run out of energy. I usually try to describe effective low-medium energy ways to play Concealment.

My personal opener is actually this:

(Stealth) > (Stimboost) > Backstab > Volatile Substance > (Attack Adrenal + Tactical Superiority) > Veiled Strike > Laceration (Tactical Opportunity) > Laceration > (Holotraverse) > Corrosive Dart > Laceration > Laceration > Backstab (Revealing Weakness) > Laceration > Veiled Strike > Laceration (Tactical Opportunity) > Laceration > Volatile Substance > Veiled Strike > Laceration > (Cloaking Screen) > Backstab > Corrosive Dart > Veiled Strike > Laceration (Tactical Opportunity) > Laceration > Laceration

I think this is too confusing for anyone who's learning the basics of Concealment. Anyway, this opener only works if running Circumvention, which I don't always do, hence I use other openers too, including the one I posted before.
Nyyah

<Origin> <Failure>

CristianDRamos
02.19.2018 , 05:57 AM | #23
Yea, your Critical Rating is a little low because you are using a Versatile Stim. If you don't want to spend too much money, simply swap your Stim to Proficient, then swap one Accuracy Enhancement to Critical. You also seem to be missing one augment? I calculated 1 Accuracy Augment and 12 Alacrity just like you said, but your Crit seems to be from 2 crystals, 2 relics, and 4 enhancements (your implant counts as one in my calculation). Are you sure you are using a Critical Augment? Maybe I'm just missing something. If not, the missing augment should be used for Critical as well. That tiny change would put you at least at 1564 Critical Rating. Just swapping your stim and one enhancement would get you to 1468, which is also much better. With that change you shold be fine, honestly. Don't change too much. I "only" have 1596 Crit Rating with my build, so you are getting very close to it with your gearing approach. Getting 6 Alacrity Enhancements can be a pain sometimes.
I just wanna say thankyou. I was all weekend fixing my stats and rotation and my numbers go really high and now i know new things in the game. You are amazing and i just wanna say thank you to take the time to help people!
<Knights Of The Fallen Ewoks> <Dread Imperium>

Miho
02.19.2018 , 12:52 PM | #24
Glad to hear you could improve. Should you ever have more questions, just ask.
Nyyah

<Origin> <Failure>

CristianDRamos
02.20.2018 , 06:51 AM | #25
Glad to hear you could improve. Should you ever have more questions, just ask.
Just one more question. Im using mastery and crit relic with high ala numbers. If i want to use low ala, i can use the same relics or is better change? Having slow internet and pc (near 300 ms lag) i allways try a couple of configurations to see what fix better. With high ala, and still needing to fix some things of my rotation ( http://parsely.io/parser/view/356172/0 ) i reach 10.7 so i really happy with my improve, i think when i fix the rotation i can reach 11 or 11.5.

Miho
02.20.2018 , 12:57 PM | #26
I'm not a big fan of the Devastating Vengeance relic, simply because you need to crit during its proc for it to be useful. Both Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault will always increase your DPS while proc'd. If you like the Crit relic more, you can keep it even for low alacrity.

I also took a quick look at your parse. You're delaying Backstab which is not a good idea, but more importantly, you re-apply Corrosive Dart too early, this is bad for 2 reasons: a) you waste dot ticks, and b) you waste energy. Corrosive Dart is very energy heavy, and extensive use requires you to use more fillers the longer the fight goes on. Also avoid applying Corrosive Dart when a target is about to die. Your last Corrosive Dart only got 2 ticks off (which you shouldn't have used at all, because your previous Dart was still ticking). If you would have waited with the re-application of Corrosive Darts you also wouldn't have to use a 3rd or 4th Corrosive Dart.

Here's a comparison of our parses, if you're interested: http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356172/0/0

I used 2 Corrosive Dart, which ticked 14 times.
You used 4 Corrosive Darts, which ticked 17 times.
Nyyah

<Origin> <Failure>

CristianDRamos
02.21.2018 , 06:06 AM | #27
I'm not a big fan of the Devastating Vengeance relic, simply because you need to crit during its proc for it to be useful. Both Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault will always increase your DPS while proc'd. If you like the Crit relic more, you can keep it even for low alacrity.

I also took a quick look at your parse. You're delaying Backstab which is not a good idea, but more importantly, you re-apply Corrosive Dart too early, this is bad for 2 reasons: a) you waste dot ticks, and b) you waste energy. Corrosive Dart is very energy heavy, and extensive use requires you to use more fillers the longer the fight goes on. Also avoid applying Corrosive Dart when a target is about to die. Your last Corrosive Dart only got 2 ticks off (which you shouldn't have used at all, because your previous Dart was still ticking). If you would have waited with the re-application of Corrosive Darts you also wouldn't have to use a 3rd or 4th Corrosive Dart.

Here's a comparison of our parses, if you're interested: http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356172/0/0

I used 2 Corrosive Dart, which ticked 14 times.
You used 4 Corrosive Darts, which ticked 17 times.
I notice and im trying to fix it. in this one ( http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356396/0/0 ) i was more close but i use bad a filler with a rifle shot insteed the dart. i getting use to this new rotation, i start to love it. i notice one thing, when internet go well and respond well i can parsely arround 11k, i can mantain up to 11k most of the parse. But when internet go low, as you can see in time to time comparation, my dps go down, no that mutch as before the fix in the armor stats and the little changes in the rotation. but it down too 9.5 and 10k. i notice in the ability comparation that is closer to the rotation, i miss a couple of filler, but timeline comparation i am more slow. i make a question about something i really dont know how it work. if i reduce a little crit and go to the higher num of ala you post (2096+) or if i go to the lower ala with energy regen, it can balance that slow? i think is a lot about internet and computer respond, but also about learning a little. but the feeling of beeing even with that slow at a couple of seconds of 11k or 11.5 it make want to improve. lol

vadess
02.21.2018 , 10:26 AM | #28
I'm going to book mark this thread. Thanks all

Miho
02.21.2018 , 10:55 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CristianDRamos View Post
I notice and im trying to fix it. in this one ( http://parsely.io/parser/compare/347968/1/356396/0/0 ) i was more close but i use bad a filler with a rifle shot insteed the dart. i getting use to this new rotation, i start to love it. i notice one thing, when internet go well and respond well i can parsely arround 11k, i can mantain up to 11k most of the parse. But when internet go low, as you can see in time to time comparation, my dps go down, no that mutch as before the fix in the armor stats and the little changes in the rotation. but it down too 9.5 and 10k. i notice in the ability comparation that is closer to the rotation, i miss a couple of filler, but timeline comparation i am more slow. i make a question about something i really dont know how it work. if i reduce a little crit and go to the higher num of ala you post (2096+) or if i go to the lower ala with energy regen, it can balance that slow? i think is a lot about internet and computer respond, but also about learning a little. but the feeling of beeing even with that slow at a couple of seconds of 11k or 11.5 it make want to improve. lol
Yea, stable internet is kinda a requirement for high Alacrity. Going for more Alacrity will not fix that issue. I can see pretty huge gaps between ability activation in your parse. If that was caused by your internet, then there is really nothing you can do about it. If you were just a bit slow, then that is something you can work on. Lowering Alacrity may fix this issue a bit, but the overall damage potential is slightly lower with low Alacrity. Anyway, 11k on a 500k dummy is pretty good. You can be proud of that. I would suggest you just keep practicing. Once you fix the other mistakes, you will deal even more damage and once you feel comfortable on the 500k one, I suggest you try the 1.5M dummy and ultimately move to the 2.5M dummy. Bursting a target (500k) and actually dealing sustained damage (1.5M+) are different learning curves because energy management starts to matter at these HP values.
Nyyah

<Origin> <Failure>

CristianDRamos
02.21.2018 , 03:34 PM | #30
Yea, stable internet is kinda a requirement for high Alacrity. Going for more Alacrity will not fix that issue. I can see pretty huge gaps between ability activation in your parse. If that was caused by your internet, then there is really nothing you can do about it. If you were just a bit slow, then that is something you can work on. Lowering Alacrity may fix this issue a bit, but the overall damage potential is slightly lower with low Alacrity. Anyway, 11k on a 500k dummy is pretty good. You can be proud of that. I would suggest you just keep practicing. Once you fix the other mistakes, you will deal even more damage and once you feel comfortable on the 500k one, I suggest you try the 1.5M dummy and ultimately move to the 2.5M dummy. Bursting a target (500k) and actually dealing sustained damage (1.5M+) are different learning curves because energy management starts to matter at these HP values.
I will do. And i wanna say really thank you for all the help. The improve is incredible. I reach almost 12k with mistakes ( http://parsely.io/parser/view/356583 ) i am number 3 behind you and stabigail. I will continue practicing and when i can make this more often i will try the next dummys. Really thank you! the improve is amazing from 9k to 11.6k thanks to you! you are the best!