Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rotation for concealment operative?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Rotation for concealment operative?

mgpfire
02.02.2018 , 12:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Miho View Post
No, the boss should not be dead then. At least none in Flashpoints or Operations.

First of all what you should probably do is buying the Training Dummy Advanced Health Modulator and/or Training Dummy Expert Health Modulator as well as the Training Dummy Armor Reduction Module off the ship repair droid and apply them to the Operations Training Dummy on your ship. If you have not unlocked the ship repair droid, you can go to some friends/guildies ship and buy it there. Using these modules sets the HP of the dummy to 1.5 or 2.5M as well as applies all damage debuffs availaible in the game to the dummy.

After your opener, you continue with your "rotation", which is, as I suggested for practice, Veiled Strike > Ability 1 > Ability 2 > Ability 3.

You started doing that with Veiled Strike > Laceration > Laceration, which was a good choice.

At this point, you had Veiled Strike, Backstab and Volatile Substance on cooldown, which means the only abilties left to use for you at that point where Corrosive Dart, Crippling Slice or Rifle Shot which are the abilties you should use besides Backstab, Volatile Substance, Laceration and Veiled Strike.

You could have continued in that parse by applying a Corrosive Dart, then your Veiled Strike would come off cooldown, which you could have used afterwards, followed by a Laceration.

Which leads us to Corrosive Dart > Veiled Strike > Laceration

Then both your Backstab and Volatile Substance would come off cooldown as well, since these abilties have highest priority you would use them back to back.

Backstab (Revealing Weakness) > Volatile Substance

This you could have then followed with Veiled Strike > Laceration > Laceration > Laceration > Veiled Strike > Laceration > Backstab (Revealing Weakness) > Laceration. Notice how this basically reassembles a part of your opener?

Besides thinking in 6 second blocks that consist of Veiled Strike > Ability 1 > Ability 2 > Ability 3, you can also think in 36 second Blocks, which basically means your rotation could look like this:

Veiled Strike > Filler > Backstab > Volatile Substance > Veiled Strike > Filler > Filler > Filler
Veiled Strike > Filler > Backstab > Filler > Veiled Strike > Filler > Filler > Volatile Substance
Veiled Strike > Filler > Backstab > Filler > Veiled Strike > Filler > Filler > Filler > repeat

Fillers being Lacerations, Corrosive Darts (be careful with them, they are very energy heavy), Crippling Slices and Rifle Shots. Your Veiled Strike happens every 6 seconds, your Backstab every 12 seconds, your Volatile Substance every 18 seconds. After 36 seconds you made one whole cycle and everything repeats itself (besides the fillers). The part I marked red, was the part you got stuck in, get through this 6 second block and you can even repeat your opener until the Backstab I marked green.
I did what you said wih the training dummy, and i did this:
http://parsely.io/parser/view/351556
However, with the rotation would you be able to type out a full one as in my last shot of the rotation i didnt know what to do. I hope this makes sense.

LordTurin
02.02.2018 , 09:00 AM | #12
You are missing the point a little. A rotation is a series of actions that you go through, and then rotate back to the start and repeat until your target is dead. So there is no end, you just go back to the beginning and start over. That's why he suggested you buy the mods from your ship droid vendor, so you can give it the correct hp, and then go through the rotation repeating it until it is dead.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

mgpfire
02.02.2018 , 11:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
You are missing the point a little. A rotation is a series of actions that you go through, and then rotate back to the start and repeat until your target is dead. So there is no end, you just go back to the beginning and start over. That's why he suggested you buy the mods from your ship droid vendor, so you can give it the correct hp, and then go through the rotation repeating it until it is dead.
The fact is, the rotation that he stated doesnt work. once you get to the end of it, it ends like you cant keep going as you dont have enough ta and so on

LordTurin
02.02.2018 , 11:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mgpfire View Post
The fact is, the rotation that he stated doesnt work. once you get to the end of it, it ends like you cant keep going as you dont have enough ta and so on
Once you get to the end of it, you go back to the start and use Veiled Strike, which gives you a TA.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Miho
02.03.2018 , 11:43 AM | #15
I may have have mistyped something somewhere, but I don't see any error in the rotations I wrote out. Where do you think it's wrong? This rotation only works if you are quick on ability activation, like you only get your TA back with Tactical Opportunity if your Acid Blade DoT is still on the dummy. The thing about Concealment is - as I already pointed out - it doesn't have a fix and static Rotation. You can toy around as you like and adjust things to your liking. I'm just giving you the basics.

For example, it doesn't really matter if you do a 6 second block like

Veiled Strike > Backstab > Volatile Substace > Laceration or
Veiled Strike > Volatile Substace > Backstab > Laceration or
Veiled Strike > Laceration > Volatile Substace > Backstab or
Veiled Strike > Laceration > Backstab > Volatile Substace

If you cant use Laceration because you don't have a TA, then just use a Crippling Slice or a Rifle Shot.

I'd suggest you use my 36 second rotation that I typed out in my last post, use Laceration for every Filler whenever you can, if you can't, use Crippling Slice, if that one is on cooldown, use Rifle Shot. Just make sure you keep DPS'ing until the Dummy is dead. While learning there will be mistakes made and other issues occuring. That's just normal, but you gotta make all these mistakes first and keep improving with every mistake. Just keep practicing until you get a feeling, because the most important thing is to remember the 36 second rotation of how your Backstabs and Volatile Substances occur in that one. And how they occur is based on your play. My "rotation" is simply based on my opener, so i can keep a fluid rotation of Backstabs and Volatile Substances and Tactical Opportunities.
Nyyah

<Origin> <Failure>

CristianDRamos
02.09.2018 , 06:24 AM | #16
I really enjoy the rotation you give Nyyah. My main class is concelment and i will fix a lot of things i was doing wrong thanks to that. Can i ask about stats priority or combat proficies for pve? For stats priority i try to reach the th of alacraty in 15.46% but feel i have to little crit, 1150 (a little more or a little less) using the power and mastery relic, and acc in armor. And for combat proficies i use in pvp the damage reduction ones. For pve i have the adrenal one, the stealth one, and the exfiltrate one, but i never know what else to use in pve.

Miho
02.09.2018 , 12:50 PM | #17
Glad my posts helped. Stat wise (in 248s) I would advice either

Low Alacrity

711-721 Alacrity Rating (1 Enhancements + 5 Augments) or 846-854 Alacrity Rating (2 Enhancements + 4 Augments)
750-756 Accuracy Rating (2 Enhancements + 3 Augments)
1866+ Critical Rating (6 Enhancements + 5 Augments)
All other stats into Mastery

(The reason for the optional 846-854 is: At 840+ Alacrity Rating you have better energy regen, which allows for more aggresive play when it comes to ablity usage.)

or High Alacrity - the build I mostly run

1866-1876 Alacrity Rating (6 Enhancements + 5 Augments) or 2097-2107 Alacrity Rating (7 Enhancements + 5 Augments)
759-765 Accuracy Rating (1 Enhancement + 3 Augments + Stim)
All other stats into Critical Rating

(The reason for the optional 2097-2107 is: At 2093+ Alacrity Rating you have better energy regen, which allows for more aggresive play when it comes to ablity usage. However, with the current stat pool I don't think it's worth it as Critical Rating will be too low.)

I already covered the utilties in a previous post. I think that's what you were asking for? I suggest you use:

Skillful
  • Nanotech Suit
  • Chem-resistant Inlay
  • Hit and Run or Infiltrator (optional)
Masterful
  • Advanced Cloaking
  • Endorphin Rush
  • Med Shield
Legendary
  • Circumvention
  • Revitalizers

And to answer your question, 1100 Critical Rating is indeed very low. Are you fully augmented yet? What is your average gear rating? Are you using crit crystals?

As for PvP I suggest you check the link that Hottie shared in the 3rd post in this topic. I'm not terrible at PvP but I'm by no means any great at it, so I'd rather not give advice on that.
Nyyah

<Origin> <Failure>

Kotopex
02.09.2018 , 02:58 PM | #18
No, the boss should not be dead then. At least none in Flashpoints or Operations.

First of all what you should probably do is buying the Training Dummy Advanced Health Modulator and/or Training Dummy Expert Health Modulator as well as the Training Dummy Armor Reduction Module off the ship repair droid and apply them to the Operations Training Dummy on your ship. If you have not unlocked the ship repair droid, you can go to some friends/guildies ship and buy it there. Using these modules sets the HP of the dummy to 1.5 or 2.5M as well as applies all damage debuffs availaible in the game to the dummy.

After your opener, you continue with your "rotation", which is, as I suggested for practice, Veiled Strike > Ability 1 > Ability 2 > Ability 3.

You started doing that with Veiled Strike > Laceration > Laceration, which was a good choice.

At this point, you had Veiled Strike, Backstab and Volatile Substance on cooldown, which means the only abilties left to use for you at that point where Corrosive Dart, Crippling Slice or Rifle Shot which are the abilties you should use besides Backstab, Volatile Substance, Laceration and Veiled Strike.

You could have continued in that parse by applying a Corrosive Dart, then your Veiled Strike would come off cooldown, which you could have used afterwards, followed by a Laceration.

Which leads us to Corrosive Dart > Veiled Strike > Laceration

Then both your Backstab and Volatile Substance would come off cooldown as well, since these abilties have highest priority you would use them back to back.

Backstab (Revealing Weakness) > Volatile Substance

This you could have then followed with Veiled Strike > Laceration > Laceration > Laceration > Veiled Strike > Laceration > Backstab (Revealing Weakness) > Laceration. Notice how this basically reassembles a part of your opener?

Besides thinking in 6 second blocks that consist of Veiled Strike > Ability 1 > Ability 2 > Ability 3, you can also think in 36 second Blocks, which basically means your rotation could look like this:

Veiled Strike > Filler > Backstab > Volatile Substance > Veiled Strike > Filler > Filler > Filler
Veiled Strike > Filler > Backstab > Filler > Veiled Strike > Filler > Filler > Volatile Substance
Veiled Strike > Filler > Backstab > Filler > Veiled Strike > Filler > Filler > Filler > repeat

Fillers being Lacerations, Corrosive Darts (be careful with them, they are very energy heavy), Crippling Slices and Rifle Shots. Your Veiled Strike happens every 6 seconds, your Backstab every 12 seconds, your Volatile Substance every 18 seconds. After 36 seconds you made one whole cycle and everything repeats itself (besides the fillers). The part I marked red, was the part you got stuck in, get through this 6 second block and you can even repeat your opener until the Backstab I marked green.
HA! Now I know all your secrets. ;D

CristianDRamos
02.09.2018 , 05:27 PM | #19
Glad my posts helped. Stat wise (in 248s) I would advice either

Low Alacrity

711-721 Alacrity Rating (1 Enhancements + 5 Augments) or 846-854 Alacrity Rating (2 Enhancements + 4 Augments)
750-756 Accuracy Rating (2 Enhancements + 3 Augments)
1866+ Critical Rating (6 Enhancements + 5 Augments)
All other stats into Mastery

(The reason for the optional 846-854 is: At 840+ Alacrity Rating you have better energy regen, which allows for more aggresive play when it comes to ablity usage.)

or High Alacrity - the build I mostly run

1866-1876 Alacrity Rating (6 Enhancements + 5 Augments) or 2097-2107 Alacrity Rating (7 Enhancements + 5 Augments)
759-765 Accuracy Rating (1 Enhancement + 3 Augments + Stim)
All other stats into Critical Rating

(The reason for the optional 2097-2107 is: At 2093+ Alacrity Rating you have better energy regen, which allows for more aggresive play when it comes to ablity usage. However, with the current stat pool I don't think it's worth it as Critical Rating will be too low.)

I already covered the utilties in a previous post. I think that's what you were asking for? I suggest you use:

Skillful
  • Nanotech Suit
  • Chem-resistant Inlay
  • Hit and Run or Infiltrator (optional)
Masterful
  • Advanced Cloaking
  • Endorphin Rush
  • Med Shield
Legendary
  • Circumvention
  • Revitalizers

And to answer your question, 1100 Critical Rating is indeed very low. Are you fully augmented yet? What is your average gear rating? Are you using crit crystals?

As for PvP I suggest you check the link that Hottie shared in the 3rd post in this topic. I'm not terrible at PvP but I'm by no means any great at it, so I'd rather not give advice on that.
I think i did thing really wrong about gearing my toon. I have 12 ala augments and 1 enha. I will work in my legacy armor so i can control it better. I have 3 enha for crit and 1 aug. And i did acc with 1 aug and 2 enha and the earpiace. I will fix my gearing starting for work my legacy armor. I really aprecciatte all the help. A really big thank you from here.

Here is a post of my current stats.

https://i.imgur.com/rnYaOQC.jpg
<Knights Of The Fallen Ewoks> <Dread Imperium>

Miho
02.11.2018 , 03:23 AM | #20
Yea, your Critical Rating is a little low because you are using a Versatile Stim. If you don't want to spend too much money, simply swap your Stim to Proficient, then swap one Accuracy Enhancement to Critical. You also seem to be missing one augment? I calculated 1 Accuracy Augment and 12 Alacrity just like you said, but your Crit seems to be from 2 crystals, 2 relics, and 4 enhancements (your implant counts as one in my calculation). Are you sure you are using a Critical Augment? Maybe I'm just missing something. If not, the missing augment should be used for Critical as well. That tiny change would put you at least at 1564 Critical Rating. Just swapping your stim and one enhancement would get you to 1468, which is also much better. With that change you shold be fine, honestly. Don't change too much. I "only" have 1596 Crit Rating with my build, so you are getting very close to it with your gearing approach. Getting 6 Alacrity Enhancements can be a pain sometimes.
Nyyah

<Origin> <Failure>