Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

killatroll
09.27.2017 , 03:27 PM | #21
Quote:
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Operative
Kolto Infusion no longer applies a heal over time; instead, the initial heal now heals for 44.51% more
Curative Agent now changes Kolto Infusion back to its heal over time version, and the rest of Curative Agent's effects are unchanged
Medicine
Each tick of Recuperative Nanotech now heals for 12% less
The critical chance bonus given to Diagnostic Scan by Prognosis: Critical is now 10%
Accomplished Doctor no longer affects Surgical Probe, and the critical healing bonus it grants to Kolto Injection and Kolto Infusion is now 10%, while its other effect remains unchanged
Medical Therapy no longer increases the healing done by periodic effects, but its other effects remain unchanged
Durable Meds no longer increases the healing done by each tick of Recuperative Nanotech, but still increases its duration
Surgical Precision no longer increases the healing done by Surgical Probe, but its other effects remain unchanged
The chance of getting a Tactical Advantage from a Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, or Recuperative Nanotech tick granted by Medical Engineering is now 10%
Recuperative NanoTech is now reduced by 12%
Durable Meds no longer increases the healing done by each tick of Recuperative Nanotech from 5% to 0%
Medical Therapy no longer increases the healing done by periodic effects, this is 5% down to 0%.
The crit chance of Diagnostic chance has been reduced from 30% down to 10%. (Diagnostic crits return energy)
Surgical Precision no longer increases the healing done by Surgical Probe from 5% down to 0%.
The chance of getting a Tactical Advantage from a Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, or Recuperative Nanotech tick granted by Medical Engineering is now 10% down from 30%.
Accomplished Doctor no longer affects Surgical probe, reducing crit healing from surgical probe from 20% down to 0%. It also reduces crit healing from kolto injection and kolto infusion from 20% down to 10%.

These are the percentages we lost for each ability. Also, do not forget that diagnostic scan is how we get our energy back WHEN IT CRITS so with a 20% crit loss its gonna be harder to do. Also with a 20% loss to getting a Tactical Advantage by using Kolto Waves, Kolto Probe, Recuperative Nanotech means less surgical probes which means more using Kolto Probe to maintain double stacks on the raid and less burst healing on tanks.

Tharianus
09.27.2017 , 03:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well the sorc/sages got nerfed and so will the merc/commando's, so it's only fair to nerf the class with the highest hps. Let's see if the dps can learn to step out of damage circles again.
sages are already nerfed and still able to pull off 10k+ ....

only a handfull Mercs/Mandos right now are able to pull of 10k HPS RIGHT NOW..
It will be almost impossible with those nerfs... it is not fair at all but yeah...
Sages are popular
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel

killatroll
09.27.2017 , 03:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well the sorc/sages got nerfed and so will the merc/commando's, so it's only fair to nerf the class with the highest hps. Let's see if the dps can learn to step out of damage circles again.
They shouldn't nerf based on HPS. They should focus on EHPS. Any operative of any skill level can do incredible HPS by maintaining 2 probes on every person in the raid and spamming kolto waves. It is not effective at all to do(Sure there are a few fights where every single person is stacked and taking the exact same dmg over time and thats where it shines but majority of the time that isn't happening), but they can do it to fluff their HPS numbers. Their EHPS would be utter garbage.

Decidion
09.27.2017 , 03:33 PM | #24
Ok, maybe I am missing something here, but there seems NO change to the burst output of Operative Heals, just a change as to whether or not you take the Curative Agent utility. The 44.51% buff to the initial heal of Kolto Infusion, and removal of the HoT, seems no different than Kolto Infusion as it is right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility. The numbers are the same. Right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility, Kolto Infusion is a single burst heal that heals for roughly 44% more than without the utility.

So where is the burst increase????

I feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on us, nerfing the heals in general and chopping TA procs down to a third of what it currently is now.

killatroll
09.27.2017 , 03:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
Ok, maybe I am missing something here, but there seems NO change to the burst output of Operative Heals, just a change as to whether or not you take the Curative Agent utility. The 44.51% buff to the initial heal of Kolto Infusion, and removal of the HoT, seems no different than Kolto Infusion as it is right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility. The numbers are the same. Right now, if you take the Curative Agent utility, Kolto Infusion is a single burst heal that heals for roughly 44% more than without the utility.

So where is the burst increase????

I feel like they are trying to pull a fast one on us, nerfing the heals in general and chopping TA procs down to a third of what it currently is now.
That's the thing. There isn't one.

AdjeYo
09.27.2017 , 03:41 PM | #26
Why nerfs to Surgical Probe? Is the goal to make it just a Kolto Probes refresh?
Also, how does the new Curative Agent work exactly? Will taking it reduce the base healing on Kolto Infusion? Will it do the same amount of HoT as it does now?

Overall I'm not a big fan, sure the base healing increase for Kolto Infusion seems pretty awesome, but lowering the surge bonus on Kolto Infusion and Kolto Injection from 20% to 10%, while removing the 20% surge bonus to Surgical Probe seems like a pretty harsh nerf to our burstier heals. Looks like burst will be worse than it currently is if you're taking Curative Agent. That's absolutely ridiculous.
Quote:
but its baseline ability to burst heal is comparatively better than it was before these changes.
And remains exactly the same as it was before when you took a utility point. Great, real help for the burst healing there.

So basically straight up nerf to overall HPS and burst healing, and we get to pick another legendary utility now, wow thanks Bioware, so reasonable.

tolaez
09.27.2017 , 03:48 PM | #27
I wonder if Bioware has actually gone in with real groups after all these changes and done real hard content. Most all of these nerfs scream PVP balance to me, which is fine as long as everything else still works. Though after seeing some of their streams in the past I'm skeptical if they even have any players than can do real difficult content.

Decidion
09.27.2017 , 03:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Also, how does the new Curative Agent work exactly? Will taking it reduce the base healing on Kolto Infusion? Will it do the same amount of HoT as it does now?
I am willing to bet they are going the lazy route... just swapping the current utility to be the default and changing the default into a utility.

This is NOT a buff to burst heals folks, the joke is on us.

killatroll
09.27.2017 , 03:52 PM | #29
Quote:
So basically straight up nerf to overall HPS and burst healing, and we get to pick another legendary utility now, wow thanks Bioware, so reasonable.
The only thing to take really is Revitalizes or blow for blow for any fight you can reflect on for that extra dps. Damn. This nerf is just overkill. Operatives can do extremely well on a few certain fights, but they have to be skilled to do NIM with these nerfs I personally wouldn't want to bring my operative healer to a NIM raid. I'd stay on my merc or level up me sorc. Looks like operatives will remain at the bottom of the list for healers again.

AdjeYo
09.27.2017 , 03:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
I am willing to bet they are going the lazy route... just swapping the current utility to be the default and changing the default into a utility.

This is NOT a buff to burst heals folks, the joke is on us.
Yep, and the funny this is, if you want the utility for the double kolto probes, you'll be making your kolto infusion worse. Now isn't that a well designed utility