Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medicine Operative/Sawbones Scoundrel Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Medicine Operative/Sawbones Scoundrel Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.13.2015 , 12:55 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,
We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Medicine Operatives/Sawbones Scoundrels.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase HPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Field Medic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Kolto Injection or Underworld Medicine to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the energy cost of Kolto Infusion or Kolto Pack by 2.
  • 6-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jerba
07.13.2015 , 01:15 PM | #2
I'm pretty happy with the set bonus (once the 3.3 changes have occured) and don't see the need for any changes.

Maybe the only complaint I have is about the 2-piece; in boss fights I rarely make use of it since I don't always have time to watch my buff bar for the proc and there are too many situations where I have to be mobile and cannot stop and cast a UM just because I got the proc.
Something simple as highlighting the UM ability once we have the proc will go a long way I think because unlike the other classes, the Scoundrel healer doesn't make much use of abilitiy proc highlighting.

So in my opinion, leave the set bonuses as is. But if you feel the need to make changes, make changes to both the level 60 and upcoming level 65 tier. I don't like situations where I am forced to use some old armoring with less armor rating, endurance and main stat just because the new setbonus is worse than the old one.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

ChaosIsGolden
07.13.2015 , 01:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I'm pretty happy with the set bonus (once the 3.3 changes have occured) and don't see the need for any changes.

Maybe the only complaint I have is about the 2-piece; in boss fights I rarely make use of it since I don't always have time to watch my buff bar for the proc and there are too many situations where I have to be mobile and cannot stop and cast a UM just because I got the proc.
Something simple as highlighting the UM ability once we have the proc will go a long way I think because unlike the other classes, the Scoundrel healer doesn't make much use of abilitiy proc highlighting.

So in my opinion, leave the set bonuses as is. But if you feel the need to make changes, make changes to both the level 60 and upcoming level 65 tier. I don't like situations where I am forced to use some old armoring with less armor rating, endurance and main stat just because the new setbonus is worse than the old one.
I agree with Jerba's post on all points, particularly since I use the old 2 piece with newer 4 piece set and furthermore I like where your going with this on asking the community for their opinion. Please keep it up.

Wefi
07.13.2015 , 01:30 PM | #4
I am cool with the current bonuses on Sawbones.
Ex-SWG clientside Modder. Creator of Super Jedi. Fixing what is broken since 2004.

Ilysanth
07.13.2015 , 01:30 PM | #5
I third the suggestion for proccing UM on our ability bar to make it more visible. Once 3.3 hits, I think the 6 piece is a good improvement over the old 6 piece.

Dohxuul
07.13.2015 , 01:43 PM | #6
I know this may appear glib, but I don't mean it that way - I like to keep things simple.

2-piece bonus : +5% to all heals
Reason: Healing is what we do.

4-piece bonus: +2% to all damage
Reason: So we can help out on DPS races (eg. Underlurker)

6-piece bonus +2% to survivability
Reason: So we can live longer in hard-modes.

More Info:
I don't enjoy HM raiding, so I rarely do it.
I find my SM healing to be sufficient without the set bonuses.
So, I tend to defer gear drops to DPS and tanks since they seem more vital to raid success.
The faster DPS kills stuff, the less healing I have to do.
The more Damage tanks can mitigate, the more breathing room I have for healing.
-- Dohx

"When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, mmm?" - Yoda
"Oh really?" - The Doctor.

Segma
07.13.2015 , 01:49 PM | #7
Currently the six set bonus set is looking a hell of a lot better than the 3.0 set. Really agree with the UM proc talked about earlier seeing as I don't really use it in HM raiding unless there is urgent need for heals. Otherwise, reducing energy costs would be great. Only other thing is to make stim boost have a much shorter cooldown. In ranked it really can save an op's life if specced into correctly and operatives are pretty much squisy as hell. Give an operative to a dps guardian or Powertech and they'll stun block and kill you in seconds. stim boost shuld have reduced cooldown maybe a 30 second? even 15 would be nice.
Ruoe-Sage Ruoa-Scoundrel
Ruoae-Marauder Ruo'a-Guardian
Yggdrisal-Sentinel Saicel-Shadow
Katar-tar-Sorceror Ruoe-Operative

TheGreatFrosty
07.13.2015 , 01:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dohxuul View Post
I know this may appear glib, but I don't mean it that way - I like to keep things simple.

2-piece bonus: +2% to all damage
Reason: So we can help out on DPS races (eg. Underlurker)

4-piece bonus : +5% to all heals
Reason: Healing is what we do.

6-piece bonus +2% to survivability
Reason: So we can live longer in hard-modes.

More Info:
I don't enjoy HM raiding, so I rarely do it.
I find my SM healing to be sufficient without the set bonuses.
So, I tend to defer gear drops to DPS and tanks since they seem more vital to raid success.
The faster DPS kills stuff, the less healing I have to do.
The more Damage tanks can mitigate, the more breathing room I have for healing.
Jesus christ

wainot-keel
07.13.2015 , 01:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
Jesus christ
Yes, he needs him

TeenageGnome
07.13.2015 , 02:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
4-Piece: Reduces the energy cost of Kolto Infusion or Kolto Pack by 2.
The 2 piece and 6 piece are fine but the 4 piece does need to be looked at. This ability costs 20 energy and is on a 9 second cooldown. Reducing its cost by 2 means it only uses 18 energy, and since the ability has a 9 second cooldown (or 8. something depending on your alacrity) you are only using 2 less energy every once and a while. This reduction in energy is so miniscule that you are better off running (before 3.3) a 2 piece old and 2 piece new and using the other set bonuses on a different class or spec. I would much rather have this either changed to something completely different or put on an ability that is frequently used without a cooldown.